Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
01 taurus 3.0 OHV runs great [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 01 taurus 3.0 OHV runs great

Dirtyd0g
12-20-2010, 02:08 AM
I have a 01 taurus with a 3.0 OHV vin U motor, this is the most reliable of the taurus engines. I have personally put over 380,000 miles on one of them before. Car is in good condition with some minor dents and dings, passenger rear door has a good sized dent but everything functions good. Interior is really nice and most importantly the car runs great. I bought it for my neice and she hasn't saved a dime towards it so it is time to move on. I can get pictures if anyone really needs them however its looks are not bad but not really good either hence the price. Mechanically sound. Would like to sell quickly first $1900 can drive it away, it does need new front brake pads but drives good as is they are just worn down, however the rotors look fine with just surface rust from sitting. I don't have a whole lot more information on it. I bought it with the notorious stripped out converter and replaced the converter with a unit I built with a hardened pump drive spline (for more information about this just ask anyone who works at a dealership it is a common thing)
Alan

mustang3091
12-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Are you interested in any trades if so you can text me at 513-720-8841

motox159
12-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Whats the miles on this beast?

Dirtyd0g
12-25-2010, 09:09 PM

Dirtyd0g
12-26-2010, 09:11 PM
here are a couple pictures

mustang3091
01-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Do you still have taurus for sale

Dirtyd0g
01-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Sure do

Dirtyd0g
01-08-2011, 03:12 AM
A couple people have asked me about the price. I listed this on craigslist and on the window at $2400. I put it at $1900 here on stangbangerz for a quick no nonsense sale. Sorry I cannot take either of the low offers I got today. I should have put *firm* on that price and that is my bad. Can't blame a guy for trying. I don't want anyone being offended by refusing to take those offers but they are less than what I have in it.
I do have another one here that is a black 99 I should have the title for in about a month that when I replace the engine should be around $1500 it has 154,000 miles on it and I already have the engine for it however the person I bought it off of forget they put a lein on it and I am waiting for them to pay off their debt. I gave them a month to get me a title or return my money and pay me towing and storage. They only owe $200 on it so it shouldn't be long before I get the title to it. As far as this car goes it is definately the nicer of the 2. My niece still says she wants it but I know if I give it to her she'll never give me another dime and she hasn't even saved up $200
I will try to get the front brake pads on it tomorrow so anyone who wants to can feel comfortable driving it. The pads on it are worn down to the squealers,but they are worn even and it looks like someone recently did rotors because they look new. I am picky about brakes if I wouldn't let my wife drive it with my kids in it then I won't let anyone drive it. I would have already fixed the brake pads but the pads I ordered were wrong and I have to look them up myself I guess.
Alan