Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
1968 Big Block 429 Help?? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 1968 Big Block 429 Help??

TurboNG
12-02-2010, 11:24 PM
What HP these good for? Came out of a Cougar
Pros, Cons, problems w/ dropping into a fox?

Stangman
12-03-2010, 12:06 AM
I think they were rated at 365hp... in '69 they SHOULD have 11.1 compression. Runs on leaded gas.

Fox headers are 250-300 used... I got lucky and found a 460 with the pan and mounts for 150 a few years back... then got lucky on here and found the headers for 250.

Everyone keeps tellin me I'm stupid to put one in a fox.

draggin50
12-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Metcalf is a big block guy. Check with him. Jesse did you get those bearings I had layin here? I havent been back out there to put everything up yet so I wasnt sure. I've always wanted a BB Mustang!!

Stangman
12-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Yep, you gave em to me when I was out there last... Get your car rolling yet?

TurboNG
12-03-2010, 12:57 AM
I want to know how much HP and RPMs they can hold before going BOOM!

mustangboy
12-03-2010, 01:14 AM
I believe stock rod/rod bolts are the limiting factor. A stocker should still be able to handle a good shot of juice as long as you keep the rpm's down. Blocks themselves are good to at least 800hp.

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-03-2010, 05:14 AM
Everyone keeps tellin me I'm stupid to put one in a fox.

First of all, i'm sure you already know this, but FUCK everyone else :bigthumb

You can argue that a built small block in a Fox might be faster, but it won't have half the cool factor...not even close. I don't think my only "toy" could be a big block car but if i could afford to have two of them i would absolutely stuff a 514 into one. I don't even care if it hooked like crap and was slow...just the cool factor of a huge nasty cammed to hell and back big block making retarded amounts of torque is enough for me.

Stangman
12-03-2010, 11:05 AM

You can argue that a built small block in a Fox might be faster, but it won't have half the cool factor...not even close. I don't think my only "toy" could be a big block car but if i could afford to have two of them i would absolutely stuff a 514 into one. I don't even care if it hooked like crap and was slow...just the cool factor of a huge nasty cammed to hell and back big block making retarded amounts of torque is enough for me.

Thats exactly right, my thoughts exactly. :bigthumb

draggin50
12-03-2010, 11:35 AM

Hell yeah!!!

draggin50
12-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Yep, you gave em to me when I was out there last... Get your car rolling yet?

Well you was the only one I knew with a BBF so hope they get some use! Mine will be rolling this weekend with some pony wheels!!! Hahaha

Stangman
12-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Mine will be rolling this weekend with some pony wheels!!! Hahaha

Sleeper! LOL!!! Not with a big chrome induction hat stickin out the hood! :bigthumb

Do you even have a driveshaft yet to connect it all together and make it drive?