Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
HID Headlights [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HID Headlights

Bluecrew07
11-28-2010, 04:25 PM
was wondering if anyone ever used these or something like them?http://www.americanmuscle.com/hid-dual-beam-kit-9007.html

MFIELD
11-28-2010, 04:48 PM
I have a set in my truck, not that brand but i like them.

Crucial
11-28-2010, 04:52 PM
holy hell those are over priced

i have a set of HID fogs and low beams in my GTO i got from this place and they carry a lifetime warranty

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Apexcone-Raptor-HID-Kit

Bluecrew07
11-28-2010, 05:54 PM
I have a set in my truck, not that brand but i like them.
what brand? im looking for some. im about to smoke my headlights and always wanted bright headlights

Goldenpony
11-28-2010, 06:03 PM
I have a set of 35W, 6000K hi/lo (Bixenon) HIDs from RetroSolutions and I love them. Plug & Play with a lifetime warranty and terrific customer service.
I beleive them to be the best kit going. :bigthumb

Black92LX
11-28-2010, 06:22 PM
I have a set from vvme.com in my explorer and have had them about 4 years with no problems.
http://www.vvme.com/

MFIELD
11-28-2010, 10:54 PM
what brand? im looking for some. im about to smoke my headlights and always wanted bright headlights

I dont remember, I picked them up from my brother but they were only about $90.00. Looks like there are plenty other vendors out there.

Stangman
11-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Josh,

Keep in mind, when doing a swap to an HID light... you are going to need the "Bi-Xenon" kit, because you have 1 bulb with 2 filaments, instead of individual bulbs that operate high and low beams. ALSO, Blue lights may be pretty... but they suck when it comes to seeing ANYTHING. Made that mistake on my Lincoln. When you go to purchase your HID kit, get the temperature range closest to 4000K as possible, not 5500K and up. Lights with a color temp closest to 4000k will give you the brightest, whitest light.

INSANEBA
11-28-2010, 11:41 PM
I have a Xentec single beam kit, works great and plug and play. But I do wish I had gotten a bi-level kit...

97dustang
11-28-2010, 11:47 PM
ive got HID's in my cobra. they really help seeing at night, i like them alot. just watch it around cops. i got pulled over because he said my foglights were too bright and that i need to shut them off when im approaching traffic. i said that i do shut them off and he said i didnt when i went passed him. i said it was because he was sitting on a side street with all of his lights shut off. he paused, and just said have a good night and walked away lol

marauder
11-29-2010, 12:03 AM
I can't stand driving at night anymore. I have to all but come to a complete stop when driving in the country and passing someone with HIDs. One other alternative is those Silverstar bulbs, I've had those in a few cars and they were just as about as bright as my brothers bmw. Since then, I think they have 2-3 brighter bulb models out now.

If you do install the HIDs, please ensure they're aimed properly. That is all.

thecollector
11-29-2010, 12:18 AM
I can't stand driving at night anymore. I have to all but come to a complete stop when driving in the country and passing someone with HIDs. One other alternative is those Silverstar bulbs, I've had those in a few cars and they were just as about as bright as my brothers bmw. Since then, I think they have 2-3 brighter bulb models out now.

If you do install the HIDs, please ensure they're aimed properly. That is all.

Amen on the aiming. Some of these guys act like they are guiding aircraft down for a landing.

I run Sylvania "silverstar" bulbs in the focus and it was a big improvement. Low $ too;). I didn't believe the packaging hype until I plugged them in. Probably the most improvement for the smallest investment i've ever put into a car, and this time of year you use them every day. Rural settings are a night and day difference in visibility.

Stangman
11-29-2010, 12:21 AM
I get "bright-lighted" in my '94 ALL the time with the silverstar ultras... even when I had the regular silverstars in there before the wreck, and with old YELLOW lenses!

Ever since I put the new Ford headlight housings in my car, and the silverstar ultras... it's been awesome!!

WCKDGT
11-29-2010, 01:12 AM
holy hell those are over priced

i have a set of HID fogs and low beams in my GTO i got from this place and they carry a lifetime warranty

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Apexcone-Raptor-HID-Kit

was gonna tell him about them. ive heard nothing but good things about these guys