Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Router.....! JUNK!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Router.....! JUNK!!!

Blackout
11-20-2010, 11:42 PM
I have a Netgear router for my wireless stuff and it just crashed. The router completely broke. So I had to go buy another one. And let me tell you, it was not as easy as the older ones. They always have to make the stuff more difficult than what it needs to be. and more expensive.

Metcalf Racing
11-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Mine broke awhile back but time warner replaced it

Dirtyd0g
11-21-2010, 03:22 AM
The only router I will use right now is the dlink dir655, yes they cost more however I bought about 5 cheap routers and constantly fought them. I bought the dlink dir655 based on it's reviews and have never been dissapointed.
Alan

Markcore
11-21-2010, 04:34 AM
I just installed my grandma's, she bought a Netgear - JUNK!

Linksys is 100x better!!!

306Power
11-21-2010, 04:39 AM
Linksys is 100x better!!!

X2... That's what I use and never have had a major problem (knock on wood).

djom1cincy
11-21-2010, 12:39 PM
I've had 2 netgear just stop working. I'm on my 3rd one.

Blackout
11-21-2010, 12:54 PM
I have had issues with them all. It seems if you don't buy a $200 router, the thing will only last a year.

I just bought a "N" router dual band. Supposed to be a gigabit transfer rate. I don't care as long as this thing last over a year. Stupid junk!

redfirepearlgt
11-22-2010, 09:01 AM
I hate, repeat HATE networking or anything to do with it. I have a Linksys wireless router (that was way to simple to install) for my process. It has been working now for 4+ years. Setup and instruction was very easy. The hardest part was getting the super long hexidecimal security password ( set it up to operate in secure mode, too many wireless hijackers) correctly typed into my laptop. Still have no idea what I did other than follow the steps, but it works.

05yellowgt
11-22-2010, 12:09 PM
I install DD-WRT firmware on all home routers when I have the chance. It's a lot more powerful then the out of the box software that Linksys, Netgear, or others provide but I am what you would call a "Power" user. Home routers/wireless seem to be very sensitive to power issues. Put them on a good surge protector, which is a good idea for all electronics in general.

Dirtyd0g
11-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Bleh surge protectors...UPS FTW. Micro center had a sweet deal on the large cyber power units a while back, it is hard to tell when the power goes out around here because the computers and even some of the lights don't even flinch.
Alan