Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Its about time! American Top gear [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Its about time! American Top gear

93hulk
11-04-2010, 11:06 PM
My favorite show makes its American debut Nov 21st on the History channel. I hope its as good as the British version. But Clarkson will be hard to copy.

http://jalopnik.com/5606884/top-gear-usa-the-first-trailer

Evil_Capri
11-05-2010, 08:12 AM
I think the show will be fine as long as people realize it isn't the UK Version (which is my favorite show as well.) Meaning, let's give the show and cast some time to gel and build some chemistry.

I'm looking forward to it!

Evil_Capri
11-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Before American Top Gear arrives, I thought I would share a video of Stig Farm/Selection Process! LOL!

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/stig-farm-exclusive-2010-11-5?utm_source=jalopnik&utm_medium=jalopnik&utm_campaign=jalopnik

85_SS_302_Coupe
11-06-2010, 11:08 AM
If they would get Jay Leno, Tim Allen and Bill Goldberg to host this all together, i would watch it. Three real world car guys, and you already know Jay and Tim are buddies and have great chemestry, and Bill is just a cool dude who loves musclecars.

Rick93coupe
11-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Before American Top Gear arrives, I thought I would share a video of Stig Farm/Selection Process! LOL!

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/stig-farm-exclusive-2010-11-5?utm_source=jalopnik&utm_medium=jalopnik&utm_campaign=jalopnik

That was funny. I just recently started getting that channel, so what happened to the old stig?

Rick93coupe
11-06-2010, 12:36 PM
If that's the cast, I already think I'm going to hate it. To me, the comedy and dry sense of humor make Top Gear.

Mista Bone
11-06-2010, 07:56 PM
If that's the cast, I already think I'm going to hate it. To me, the comedy and dry sense of humor make Top Gear.

Rubbish!!!!!

:popcorn:

Yep, doubt I'll watch the US version....except maybe the CRX/CRZ episode.

sean
11-06-2010, 08:59 PM

for sure. the UK version is the best

Evil_Capri
11-07-2010, 10:08 AM
That was funny. I just recently started getting that channel, so what happened to the old stig?

The last Stig needed some money.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/04/why-the-stig-outed-himself/

The Stig, as we're all now aware, is portrayed by talented wheelman Ben Collins. Stiggie, like the three Top Gear presenters, is beloved by fans around the globe. It's hard to attend a motorsports event without someone claiming to be a fat relative of the white-suited power lap maestro. What would persuade Mr. Collins to give up his clandestine position behind the visor? According to The Daily Mail, it all comes down to money.

Ben Collins' company, Collins AutoSport, has reportedly racked up over $1.5 million dollars in losses over the last five years. He has a wife, three young kids and three other business ventures to support. The other members of Top Gear command handsome sums (rightfully so) and perhaps Collins felt he deserved a larger slice of the BBC cash cake. Removing the helmet allows him to cash in on what's sure to be a substantial number of opportunities. He recently received an advance of close to $400,000 to begin work on his autobiography and there's already talk of a Ben Collins TV Show.

85_SS_302_Coupe
11-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Can't say i blame him. It's hard to work and have a career from behind a closed helmet.

lst4g63
11-09-2010, 05:32 PM
I thought I was being too critical being an advid top gear fan but I've recently got my gf watching top gear and I showed her a preview for the new one and even she said it looked bad. Ill give it a chance but like people say it's no uk version

04 Venom
11-10-2010, 12:16 AM

Agree