Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
1/8 mile wheelie gone bad [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 1/8 mile wheelie gone bad

JASON408
10-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Here is a nasty wreak from a race we were racing at in ga this weekend . and people say 1/8 mile racing is boring .ha The driver did make it out okay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Ziu9Xa-Mc

jack90gt
10-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Holy s&%t.... looks like that frontend was just floatin.....

Ranger50
10-28-2010, 05:27 PM
They don't have the nickname, between myself and some friends, Bent, Broke, and Twisted for nothing. I believe they have destroyed 5 cars in 4 yrs, IIRC.

sean
10-28-2010, 05:33 PM
wow. thats some power.

Sharad
10-28-2010, 05:34 PM
yeah, there's video of Dennis' car getting all four off the ground at the finish line several months ago. I'm surprised they didn't try to figure out how to keep the front end down then. Thank God Dennis survived the wreck.

That same day, Underground Racing wrecked their Twin Turbo Gallardo in the Texas Mile at 230+mph. That guy also walked away, but it was horrendous.

I think I'm gonna mention those crashes in the chassis article I'm writing. In the slo-mo clip of Dennis' wreck, you can see the car come down on the wall right at the driver's side rocker panel. Incidentally, that area of impact is eerily close to where Grebeck's car was hit in his fatal accident. Guess all those floor bars help!

beefcake
10-28-2010, 05:39 PM
yeah, there's video of Dennis' car getting all four off the ground at the finish line several months ago. I'm surprised they didn't try to figure out how to keep the front end down then. Thank God Dennis survived the wreck.

That same day, Underground Racing wrecked their Twin Turbo Gallardo in the Texas Mile at 230+mph. That guy also walked away, but it was horrendous.

I think I'm gonna mention those crashes in the chassis article I'm writing. In the slo-mo clip of Dennis' wreck, you can see the car come down on the wall right at the driver's side rocker panel. Incidentally, that area of impact is eerily close to where Grebeck's car was hit in his fatal accident. Guess all those floor bars help!

it's funny, on yb they have this posted, and anyone that says anything about them having a problem with the car coming up previously and not doing something about it gets beat to hell on the board, it probably would have wrecked previously had it not had the wheelie bars on it

fasthawk
10-28-2010, 05:56 PM
BIG BALLS NO BRAINS, got to when to say out of it!

draggin50
10-30-2010, 04:07 AM
I keep watching the video and Im surprised at how far that wheel flies into the air. Thankful he's alive!

INSANEBA
10-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Thats just insane, god was in that car with him that day for sure...

excopcar
10-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Talking about shitting in your pants.That guy should work for nasa with that fly time!Wow glad the boy is okay.Down with the cobra though.

NO SHOT
10-30-2010, 12:24 PM
glad he's ok the car can be replaced..

black90lx
10-30-2010, 12:53 PM
video wont work for me. a google server error comes up for some reason.