Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Attorneys !!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Attorneys !!!

Gearhead
10-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Are all attorneys just freakin' slow and forgetful ??!!

Ask them questions, and they say they'll get back to you the next day but they don't get back to you for weeks. And, by then they've forgotten everything.

I've been working with an Estate attorney for over 9 months now and feel like I've done 90% of the work.
Now this guy wants information by Wednesday to file with the court - how about giving me at least a week's notice ?? Come to find out, he's known about this since mid-August, and is just now letting me know.

And $250.00/hr to boot !!!

aperacer
10-25-2010, 04:54 PM
WOW...sorry to hear that Scott

bobtsgt
10-25-2010, 05:58 PM
holy hell that is awful. You dealing with the head guy of the company or just a minion?

Rick93coupe
10-25-2010, 06:35 PM
I think the problem is how many people they're representing. Same shit is going on in the medical industry. 3 people scheduled for the same time at a Dr's appointment. What kind of shit is that? No wonder they rush you out the door and you end up forgetting what you wanted to ask them while you were there.

Mista Bone
10-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Yep, I got done what my attorney couldn't.

But then again the normal judge was out and the judge that was sitting in was from same county as my uncle, who is a judge.

I didn't get off "free" but the charge was reduced to what it should be.

relaxednoma
10-26-2010, 08:27 AM
wow 250/hr!? I'm in the wrong dang line of work haha

sorry to hear your going through that man

shadez14
10-26-2010, 11:42 AM
I've been waiting since Wednesday for dissolution papers from mine, and he said Monday at the latest, Pretty sure it's Tuesday and no paper work yet!

MrsAPE
10-26-2010, 01:50 PM
That sucks!! I'd be raising some hell with him!!

Goldenpony
10-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Lawyers suck! Bill Cunningham brags thay don't produce anything, just sue as much as possible. :mad:

RIXXX93GT
10-26-2010, 05:53 PM
There is a reason they have been the subject of so many jokes. Once they have you on the hook with a deposit then you are at their mercy.

DeckerEnt
10-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Know what you mean there. Slow as molasas in january. And getting back to you, forget about it. Wanted to get my D done by end of the year. My lawyer waited to ask for a date. Now it is in January.........

shadez14
10-27-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm getting a dissolution, and there's a 30 day min requirement from file date. Still waiting for it to be filed as I have yet to get the papers from him to sign. Hopefully I can get them signed by Friday. To top it off, he says that Montgomery county typically is slower and may be closer to 60 days, plus going into the holiday season. Could be in January...ARGHHHHHH.

The only good part is the courts require the final hearing date be within 90 days of the filing date. Some reason I see Jan 27th in the future :(

RIXXX93GT
10-27-2010, 05:07 PM
From my experience even though they represent you and only you, all the lawyers know one another and its one big buddy system behind the scenes. They act like their fighting tooth and nail for you when really they are meeting the other lawyer for dinner and drinks and schmoozing out the details that may affect you for the rest of your life.

Gearhead
10-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Are all attorneys just freakin' slow and forgetful ??!!

Ask them questions, and they say they'll get back to you the next day but they don't get back to you for weeks. And, by then they've forgotten everything.

I've been working with an Estate attorney for over 9 months now and feel like I've done 90% of the work.
Now this guy wants information by Wednesday to file with the court - how about giving me at least a week's notice ?? Come to find out, he's known about this since mid-August, and is just now letting me know.

And $250.00/hr to boot !!!

Just spent about 8 hrs over the last 2 days working on things that I think he should've done a few months back.
Also, looks like he's going to possibly cause the Estate Tax filings to be late, just more $$$$ out of my pocket that damn well better show up as a credit to me on his final bill.

Like I got time to be working on this ??!! Isn't that what you hire Attorneys for ?? They're supposed to be the experts ??!! AAARRGGHHH !!!

shadez14
10-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Exactly. You hire them, and the time it takes you could easily do the same. Problem is if we miss one word of legal jargon we get screwed and she get's everything!!!!!!

Hurry, where's a beer when I need one?

snotzs135
10-29-2010, 02:03 AM
Could just go pay him a nice friendly visit for you :rolleyes:(will need very detailed map how to get there lol) sorry you have to deal with this head ach