Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
anyone have any experence with flawed early casting trickflow r heads???? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : anyone have any experence with flawed early casting trickflow r heads????

Flaming87lx
10-17-2010, 01:06 AM
I found a set of heads that has some cracks in the combustion chamber right at the spark plug threads. He claims that was a flaw in the early model heads and trickflow has now fixed the issue. He claims that he has sent them to trickflow and had them checked and thats what he was told. He said he had a local machine shop do a leak down test and they didnt leak down overnight. He said he has had them on three different motors and no issues. These are the 206 intake runners and he is getting rid of them to go with the 225 runners. He also said if anyone had a problem he would refund the money... Please if anyone can verify what he is saying LMK asap. Thanks Troy

Timido
10-17-2010, 02:09 AM
I would call Trick Flow.

Sharad
10-17-2010, 11:01 AM
early twisted wedges with pedestal mount rockers had a known problem that trick flow acknowledged and resolved (back in the mid 1990s), but I've never heard of any problems with Rs.

I'm with Tim, call TFS.

bangingears
10-17-2010, 11:23 AM
almost every set of R's I have seen had the cracks, very common issue.

Flaming87lx
10-17-2010, 01:19 PM
almost every set of R's I have seen had the cracks, very common issue.

Thats the same thing they are saying on Yellowbullet, thanks for the info guys.