Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
tires suspension car ? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : tires suspension car ?

03svt
10-12-2010, 01:02 AM
I'm looking for some ideas and answers.
Ok, I have 285-45-17 kumho ecsta asx tires on my 03 cobra (brand new on it when I bought it) and it will light them up with ease even with trac control on. Is this normal for these cars or do these tires suck? I would feel cheated if it didn't do this on a hard launch or when I stab it real good but it just seems too easy to get it loose. And in the recently rare wet roads its like a death chariot. I'm also wondering if any suspension mods would help it stick? Oh and I very seldom use more than 2000rpm or so.
Thanks for any thoughts and ideas you all may have to share

SN95N/A
10-12-2010, 01:16 AM
I work at tire discounter we sell those kuhmo asx and I've had them on my car,I've had other people come into my work and they all have the same problem they are crappy on wet slick roads and traction is hard to get with them one is tread design and the rubber compound is so hard on these tires.

Blackout
10-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Those tires are probably a high mile tire. So there probably really hard like the gator-back GoodYears. There are lots of tires to pic from, so if your looking for wet performance I would definatly look for a set rated high for it. It's always hard to find a tire that you like. I like to use www.tires.com to see the selections and also they have decent prices.

djom1cincy
10-12-2010, 10:55 AM
My stock tires do the same thing. In need of some better tires myself.

thecollector
10-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Check the traction ratings when shopping, just remember that traction ratings are only linear within a specific manufacturer. The manufacturer of the tire's set their own traction ratings on their products, while there is an established graduating scale it is not always consistent comparing different brands. Softer tires will hook up better but be ready to buy them more frequently.

Also see how much Tire pressure your running. Some people air them up to the full 44psi then wonder why they are so hard and easy to blow off. Check your door jam for pressure recommendations to start with.

ADaughen
10-12-2010, 11:48 AM
ASX is a hard compound. Try the Kumho SPT or BFG G-Force TA if you want a cheaper performance tire.

I have run both. The G-Force seem to have better wear.

03svt
10-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the tire info guys. Are there any suspension mods this IRS would benefit from for extra traction that is. Seems to me with a name like that its gonna cost lots of $$$