Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
95 AODE / Idle / TPS issue?!?! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 95 AODE / Idle / TPS issue?!?!

skeptiq
10-10-2010, 03:03 PM
So here are the recent mods:

- Cobra upper/lower with 1/2 inch spacer
- 70mm TB
- EGR delete
- Smog pump removal
- Headers
- ProChamber

Since getting the car buttoned back up, it's not acting right. First thing I noticed on test drive is the shift points and shifting is all messed up. I will get to this in a minute.

So, I did the following: cleaned MAF, cleaned IAC, cleaned TB, set idle properly, and checked TPS (.97v). After doing this the car idles fine. It seems to rev nicely and settle back to proper idle. The problem comes when the car is in gear.

I know we all love the AODE, and I have zero knowledge about them, so I will attempt to describe as best I can the issue.

So I put the car in Drive (OD off, no a/c, radio, lights), shift from 1 to 2 seems to be normal, then it quickly shifts to 3 (oddity #1). So then while cruising, foot on accel, the trans downshifts, upshifts, downshift, upshift (for a bit) then settle in what I think is 3rd gear (oddity #2). Also, when it downshifts, I have tried mashing the pedal and sometimes that raises the rpm sometimes it doesn't appear to do anything. If I slow back down to a stop and go WOT, it seems to bang through the gears just fine. Also, from a stop, move shifter to 1 (just first gear) and accel, it will still shift in 2 and 3 (oddity #3).

So that is the issue as best I can describe. There were no shift issues before the above mods and can't think of even where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

mustang8998
10-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Dumb question, but did you re-set the ECM? AKA, disconnect the battery for awhile.

skeptiq
10-10-2010, 05:15 PM
When I set the idle I did that and did it again after I made sure idle was right and tps was set correctly.

Ben

skeptiq
10-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Looks like it's the MLPS... throwing a code for that... replacing that today and crossing fingers that is the issue!

Ben

skeptiq
10-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Arg. Figured out what the issue was. I feel stupid. It was a loose connector near the back left of engine bay. Durrr.

Ben