Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Does Ken know more about Concrete than Metcalf knows about tuning? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Does Ken know more about Concrete than Metcalf knows about tuning?

05yellowgt
09-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Discuss.. :lol:

k062693w
09-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Subscribing !!! This should get good !!!

plated
09-25-2010, 08:14 PM
modularconcrete:tongue2:

Blackout
09-25-2010, 09:40 PM
:popcorn:wow this is going to be interesting!:popcorn:

Metcalf Racing
09-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Well my cars have been competitive and talked about since before he even thought of opening a shop. I guess I need to open a shop and buy a dyno sell my own cars so I can't race anyone. Well at least Mike Bell has a car to race. Ken has nothing. This one time he had a car that ran 10s. Lmao!!!! Craig drove his Deuce to TRI STATE ran 8's and drove it back to his shop. What's ken done but dodge racing me for the last 10yrs?????

draggin50
09-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Im sure this will get good! I dont know shit about tuning or concrete so I cant bash either of you! Oh well Im watching!

03silversnake
09-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Lets ask the real question........................ Who can eat the most

Metcalf Racing
09-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Oh I've got him covered on the eating. The only thing he's got on me is permanent ink satins all over his body

9cobra4
09-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Well my cars have been competitive and talked about since before he even thought of opening a shop. I guess I need to open a shop and buy a dyno sell my own cars so I can't race anyone. Well at least Mike Bell has a car to race. Ken has nothing. This one time he had a car that ran 10s. Lmao!!!! Craig drove his Deuce to TRI STATE ran 8's and drove it back to his shop. What's ken done but dodge racing me for the last 10yrs?????

I thought it this thread was about tuning??? Not about drag racing, Ken's silver 10 second car had rules and regulations to follow, not just retarded big cam, slicks and a 300 shot running for a 1000 foot at the boneyard. Ken's a tuner, that does SOME drag racing on the side, nice job on the s-s-s-subject change. :lol:

Metcalf Racing
09-25-2010, 10:26 PM
I thought it this thread was about tuning??? Not about drag racing, Ken's silver 10 second car had rules and regulations to follow, not just retarded big cam, slicks and a 300 shot running for a 1000 foot at the boneyard. Ken's a tuner, that does SOME drag racing on the side, nice job on the s-s-s-subject change. :lol:yeah their good with following the rules. This isn't the first me vrs Ken thread. Go back and do some research kid

9cobra4
09-25-2010, 10:50 PM
We're talking about Ken, and no one but Ken. Ken has never broken any rule involved with pure street drag racing in the NMRA. I don't give a shit if there's 50,000 threads involving you and Ken. Here's another one.

Metcalf Racing
09-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Better go back and read about how they flew to texas or where ever its was to buy those parts. I forget what they bought or where they went but Ken was definitely involved. We were in the middle of calling them cheaters in a thread when they got caught. And if you make guys with unlimited funds buy all the best supporting components really how hard is it to tune? Now to be a real tuner you should be able to take a guy who can't afford to buy the best of anything and get his car to make absolutely the most power possible. Instead of telling them to go home with out a tune save up and buy better parts.

03z06vette
09-25-2010, 11:00 PM
First page!!!

03z06vette
09-25-2010, 11:01 PM
OOPS I thought I was on YB....lol

Mista Bone
09-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Now to be a real tuner you should be able to take a guy who can't afford to buy the best of anything and get his car to make absolutely the most power possible. Instead of telling them to go home with out a tune save up and buy better parts.

Thats why Ken hired a Honda tuner while he's away at Diablosport.

:popcorn:

Mista Bone
09-25-2010, 11:16 PM
First page!!!

OOPS I thought I was on YB....lol

I was like.....wait a damn minute....LOL!

9cobra4
09-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Thats why Ken hired a Honda tuner while he's away at Diablosport.

:popcorn:

Dave is not just a Honda tuner..

Metcalf Racing
09-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Lol. Gobble gobble,slurp,slurp

mustang8998
09-25-2010, 11:49 PM
modularconcrete:tongue2:

concretedepot:tongue2:

Mista Bone
09-26-2010, 01:33 AM
Dave is not just a Honda tuner..

not anymore.

But at the beginning it was SCARY! I can honestly say this, if not for Joe'e and me who knows where Dave would be right now. How Garria copes now, amazing!

Dave was using air tools on 10-12mm head bolts, but pocket wrenches on 14-17mm bolts. He was clueless!

But that geek mind of his, once diverted into tuning, priceless.

mustang8998
09-26-2010, 01:53 AM
Huh? :confused:

Mista Bone
09-26-2010, 02:23 AM

What?

So a leading HONDA tuner is now making waves with his V8 tuning?

Metcalf Racing
09-26-2010, 04:54 AM
What you guys don't understand is they are not tuning. They are just correcting numbers on a lap top. Any 10yr old can do that. Tuner is someone who can make the best out of what you've got in stead of what you need for their lap top to do the work.

Gearhead
09-26-2010, 10:20 AM
not anymore.

But at the beginning it was SCARY! I can honestly say this, if not for Joe'e and me who knows where Dave would be right now. How Garria copes now, amazing!

Dave was using air tools on 10-12mm head bolts, but pocket wrenches on 14-17mm bolts. He was clueless!

:confused::confused: Once again, WTF are you talking about ???!!! Who is Joe ?? Who is Garria ?? :confused::confused:

So you're saying that you're responsible for Dave being where he is now ?? I don't even know who he is, but it sounds like you're taking credit for advancing his career ??
I'm a very calm, laid back guy, but your dumb posts just strike a nerve with me.

Next time you post, try to proofread before hitting "submit" and see if it would make a lick of sense to anyone else except yourself.

Now back to Metcalf Tuning and Modular Concrete.

Walter
09-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Bone, tell that story about you and Buddy Larosa getting shitfaced at The Dock and sniffing coke off of Marge Schott's ass.

SN95N/A
09-26-2010, 11:50 AM
wow funny shyt rite there

sean
09-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Bone, tell that story about you and Buddy Larosa getting shitfaced at The Dock and sniffing coke off of Marge Schott's ass.

ahhh ha. Thats stupid. Are you serious? He said that?

mustang8998
09-26-2010, 12:09 PM
not anymore.

Thanks Gearhead. Your answer was dead on what I would have replied.

Bone and his nut swinging again!

bangingears
09-26-2010, 01:56 PM

best post, ever.... I will ask Dave what he thinks about the bumperless wonder :rolleyes:

Metcalf Racing
09-26-2010, 04:14 PM
I don't know this Dave guy. But Ken can SMB

331TwistedWedge
09-26-2010, 04:35 PM

lmfao!!!!! :lol:

PonymanfiveO
09-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Lol. Gobble gobble,slurp,slurp

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_c0M1olmtuMw/TJ-8DoB-gYI/AAAAAAAAAH8/9addln23s04/s800/metcalf.jpg

Yup... :lol:

PonymanfiveO
09-26-2010, 05:37 PM

Funniest shit ever! :bigthumb

Metcalf Racing
09-26-2010, 05:57 PM
What you don't think I look good? Post your high school pic.

03z06vette
09-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Craig, i thought you never shaved??

Whyucryn
09-26-2010, 08:57 PM
What you don't think I look good? Post your high school pic.

He probably didnt make it that far, lol. j/k

03z06vette
09-26-2010, 09:41 PM
He probably didnt make it that far, lol. j/k

How about that, the FNG bashing the bone... Priceless!!:lol:

facemelter71
09-29-2010, 10:29 AM
How about that, the FNG bashing the bone... Priceless!!:lol:

Keep up,Whyucryin is talking about Ponyman.

And Walter,that is some funny shit.

beefcake
09-29-2010, 10:57 AM
What you guys don't understand is they are not tuning. They are just correcting numbers on a lap top. Any 10yr old can do that. Tuner is someone who can make the best out of what you've got in stead of what you need for their lap top to do the work.

So, your saying if I brought you a supercharged 2011 Mustang, you could "get the most out of it" without even using a laptop!

Just think of all the money guys will save on xcals and shit! You'll be rich!

bestracing
09-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Now to be a real tuner you should be able to take a guy who can't afford to buy the best of anything and get his car to make absolutely the most power possible. Instead of telling them to go home with out a tune save up and buy better parts.

That just doesn't make sense. Not sticking up for Ken but if you have shit for parts, say small valve smog heads, I don't give a shit who tunes it, it's not going to run with a large valve large ported head motor.

You start with shit you'll end up with shit. Start with some good parts you then have a chance especially with these heads up racing guys.

I know what you mean about getting the most out of a part but there's times if something is not right I would not waste time trying to make it work when a better part would be the right way of fixing it.

Metcalf Racing
09-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Newer cars tune with computers. Like I said its just moving numbers. Any 10yr old kid can do it. A good tuner should be able to tune what you bring them to the best of its capabilities and not make you leave and buy parts that you don't want or can't afford so you help cater to their capabilities

beefcake
09-29-2010, 06:05 PM
Newer cars tune with computers. Like I said its just moving numbers. Any 10yr old kid can do it. A good tuner should be able to tune what you bring them to the best of its capabilities and not make you leave and buy parts that you don't want or can't afford so you help cater to their capabilities

So,,,,, turn the screw on the carb?

Metcalf Racing
09-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Turn it

05yellowgt
09-29-2010, 07:33 PM
So are you saying that if I bring a car with heads,cam,intake, injectors, headers, and stock maf, that a tuner should tune the car with a maf that pegs at 4000rpm?

PonymanfiveO
09-29-2010, 07:46 PM
Guys, I learned a while back that arguing a point with metcalf is like trying to debate with mista bone. It doesnt matter what you type in the little box, his caveman skull just doesnt absorb anything you have to say. You are truely wasting minutes of your life.

So I figured out that no matter what craig has to say on here, its not worth a reply to me. I just chuckle to myself and move on to the next page. :)

Im sure ill continue to enjoy the ignorance in this thread. Lol

Metcalf Racing
09-29-2010, 07:59 PM
So are you saying that if I bring a car with heads,cam,intake, injectors, headers, and stock maf, that a tuner should tune the car with a maf that pegs at 4000rpm?
No that's not what I said. Why are you guys being so dumb? What's the fastest you've been in you car? Post your time then post your dyno graph. We can debate that

Metcalf Racing
09-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Guys, I learned a while back that arguing a point with metcalf is like trying to debate with mista bone. It doesnt matter what you type in the little box, his caveman skull just doesnt absorb anything you have to say. You are truely wasting minutes of your life.

So I figured out that no matter what craig has to say on here, its not worth a reply to me. I just chuckle to myself and move on to the next page. :)

Im sure ill continue to enjoy the ignorance in this thread. Lol Well move to the next one then clown.

03z06vette
09-29-2010, 09:04 PM
No that's not what I said. Why are you guys being so dumb? What's the fastest you've been in you car? Post your time then post your dyno graph. We can debate that

Yea just shift at 3800 and spray its eyes out!:bigthumb

05yellowgt
09-29-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm a suck ass driver, what is there to debate? :lol:

"Tooners" do what you are describing when it comes to tuning a car. They take the laptop and make the AF smooth and the power decent on a dynograph. You are right, most people with a little practice can tune like that for decent WOT performance. They will also tune a car to the ragged edge to get the very best numbers, without taking into account the longevity or safety margin of a combo

What a real Tuner does is also dial in the thousands of other values in a modern day ECU that ensure each time you start the car it idles right, has good throttle response, keeps decent fuel economy, and overall good driving manners. Ken, Mike, Craig and others fit the real tuner category. What real tuners also do is take their vast experience of tuning literally hundreds or thousands of different combos they have tuned over the years and give constructive suggestions on what to do to get acceptable results out of your car. They also know what parts maybe result in unacceptable margins of safety or longevity if tuned to make power?

Why would you want someone to knowingly take your money when the results will be less than desirable or even worse, potentially unsafe? I just don't understand why anyone would prefer a scenario like that.

05yellowgt
09-29-2010, 09:18 PM
And for the record my car makes in the low 700's, weighs 3800lbs with driver, and I have been 11.12@119. Charge pipe blew off before the 1000 ft mark. Based on 1/8 mile times I was going to run around a 10.80 or 10.70.

05yellowgt
09-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Also while I'm here, this thread wasn't supposed to talk about what Anyone but you know about tuning Metcalf and what Ken may or may not know about Concrete and nothing more.

Metcalf Racing
09-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Also while I'm here, this thread wasn't supposed to talk about what Anyone but you know about tuning Metcalf and what Ken may or may not know about Concrete and nothing more.
Don't get salty. I thought we are all having laughs here.

Basically that huge post above you said they take their lap tops and just move numbers around right? And you run 11's with 700rwhp. Lol. See good times. This is fun.

I say me and Ken race then I'll let him pour me a driveway and we will see how it all pans out :)

'92Stang
09-29-2010, 09:41 PM
I got a 120x80 pole barn I'm willing to sacrifice for practice of the concrete pour....:D

Metcalf Racing
09-29-2010, 09:46 PM
There it is!!!!!!! Let's get it done

lxenvy
09-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Wow... Its been awhile since i seen one of these.

Blackout
09-29-2010, 10:22 PM
And for the record my car makes in the low 700's, weighs 3800lbs with driver, and I have been 11.12@119. Charge pipe blew off before the 1000 ft mark. Based on 1/8 mile times I was going to run around a 10.80 or 10.70.

I wasn't going to say anything, trying to keep my comments too myself as i'm eating my :popcorn:. But I have to ask..... are you sure it made that much power? and only ran 11.12? and after your calculations...10.70's??? If thats true then what in the hell are you SMOKING? If your pushing that kind of power, and didn't get low 10's consistantly (saying your a bad driver) I would run the car in the river and start over! Ok I will put it this way, BEEFCAKE made 528 rwhp+448 rwtq and ran 10.80's. ENOUGH SAID!!!

My car made 385/390 and ran 12.60's, now after my turbo upgrade it made 450/550 and if I can't get the car into the 11's, there will be a problem! OHH Yeah.. my car weighs about 3600 est. with me in it.

05yellowgt
09-29-2010, 10:41 PM
I know exactly how much power the car made as I was there when it was tuned. There's a BIG difference between my car and Beef's car, the auto trans. Have you ever seen me run down the track? :lol: I do have a suspicion that the car hasn't been getting the full 23 degrees of timing at the track because of AIT's. I've not had a laptop to datalog and confirm till this year, but I haven't made it to the track yet. My priorities have really changed as of late with the girls due early next year so the car and racing has really taken a back seat and will for quite a while I'm sure.

Metcalf Racing
09-29-2010, 10:47 PM
That's cool man

05yellowgt
09-29-2010, 10:48 PM
I tried to find a video Beefcake had uploaded of me at the track but it looks like he took it down. Their ain't no shame in my lack of game when it comes to driving. I should'a went auto!

Blackout
09-29-2010, 10:50 PM
My priorities have really changed as of late with the girls due early next year so the car and racing has really taken a back seat and will for quite a while I'm sure.

Congratulations on your babies on the way! As far as racing taking a back seat for a while for your babies, that's something that should be expected. But some people don't understand that. Good Luck!

Black Horse
09-30-2010, 09:56 PM
I say we find a donor car, let Ken fill it full of concrete and let Craig tune it to see how fast it will go. Beef?

beefcake
09-30-2010, 10:10 PM
I say we find a donor car, let Ken fill it full of concrete and let Craig tune it to see how fast it will go. Beef?

lol ;)

9cobra4
09-30-2010, 11:28 PM

Im sure ill continue to enjoy the ignorance in this thread. Lol

Yep...that's why I just let him go, if he thinks tuning is easy then he's not worth my time to argue. I mean, there's a reason why those guys make 75k a year.

Metcalf Racing
09-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Yep...that's why I just let him go, if he thinks tuning is easy then he's not worth my time to argue. I mean, there's a reason why those guys make 75k a year.you might be the dumbest ratard on here. You really can't be that stupid.

05yellowgt
10-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Metcalf have you ever tuned a car before? Carb's don't count in this context either. I'd love to see you sit down behind a laptop and try to "correct the numbers on a laptop" as you say that tuning is. I have tuned a few cars before including my own before. I know what's involved and I know that there are many aspects that are currently way over my head and I am very much a computer guy and have a strong base of modern efi electronics.

Metcalf Racing
10-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Metcalf have you ever tuned a car before? Carb's don't count in this context either. I'd love to see you sit down behind a laptop and try to "correct the numbers on a laptop" as you say that tuning is. I have tuned a few cars before including my own before. I know what's involved and I know that there are many aspects that are currently way over my head and I am very much a computer guy and have a strong base of modern efi electronics.are you guys for real? I've always tuned my own cars. I've always been trying to race the fastest cars around and I couldn't do that if my cars were slow. The first car I ever let anyone tune for me was my turbo car and that was only because at the time it belonged to Rob. Now I put a lot of stock in Cincy Speed but that's because we are all friends and I trust their judgment. You guys are killing me. You act like I just joined this site

05yellowgt
10-01-2010, 12:59 PM
That's cool that you tune on your own. What do you use to tune with?

mustangboy
10-01-2010, 01:35 PM
A screw driver of course. DUH!!:D

Blackout
10-01-2010, 01:44 PM
who cares? Can you beat him in a heads up dig? Can Ken or who ever you know that has an actual street legal ride?

What I don't understand is why does it matter how he tunes his cars. From my prospective is he tunes his own stuff and he gets some really good numbers at the track. If he blows it up, thats his deal, but while it does run, it's fast. He don't care about longivity. He just likes the car to run good.

dsmawd350
10-01-2010, 03:23 PM
He don't care about longivity. He just likes the car to run good.

sounds like an oxymoron

05yellowgt
10-01-2010, 03:29 PM
who cares? Can you beat him in a heads up dig? Can Ken or who ever you know that has an actual street legal ride?

What I don't understand is why does it matter how he tunes his cars. From my prospective is he tunes his own stuff and he gets some really good numbers at the track. If he blows it up, thats his deal, but while it does run, it's fast. He don't care about longivity. He just likes the car to run good.
I'm simply curious, just like I'm sure you are curious why I've only run low 11's in my car :lol: Who cares who's car is faster in a dig race? What does that have to do with how the car is tuned? A car with a great tune can run shitty times and my car is an example because I suck! I also know my car isn't street legal, and I bet Metcalf's isn't either. Again, I don't know what that fact has to do with anything?

A tune that goes for max performance without regarding longevity is what I call a Heads Up Racer's tune. That works for some people if they are fully aware an accepting of the risks, but many tuners don't want to do that for customers that want that kind of tune for their race car. I don't blame them one bit for that either. So to have a tuner suggest parts that will yield the same or better performance in a more reliable tune vs running the parts a customer has that likely won't hold up is just good business practice. Not to sell parts per say, but to keep from having a car that a tuner tuned from blowing up and being blamed on the tuner.

05yellowgt
10-01-2010, 03:30 PM
sounds like an oxymoron
Good as in fast times, not good as in will last is what I think he means.

Metcalf Racing
10-01-2010, 03:45 PM
The bottom line is my cars are fast and always have been. I've been calling ken out for over 10yrs. Look it up. Ill have my car back this week call Ken see if he wants to race me. If not you guys should quit talking for him

05yellowgt
10-01-2010, 04:14 PM
You know he moved to Florida right?

Metcalf Racing
10-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Yeah. Did you? I think its funny that he moved there and is now to good to get on here but you guys still slobber on his junk

05yellowgt
10-01-2010, 04:34 PM
I see more guys hanging of your flappy sack in this thread than Ken's. This thread was meant to be a playful joke but just never seems to work out around here for whatever reason. No biggie. I've never had Ken do anything with any of my cars. I do know he has a good reputation as a very good tuner and for good reason. I'd also bet that other than maybe dropping a bag of quick crete in a post hole, he probably doesn't know much else about concrete.

05yellowgt
10-01-2010, 04:35 PM
I mean this all in jest btw. I've had a really long boring day at work and need to pass the time!!!

Whyucryn
10-01-2010, 05:04 PM
If Kens reputation is so good and he's backed up with work and making all this money...why is the business forsale?? Just what I heard though...I've been wrong before. I just dont see it being forsale if it was doing as good as you guys are talking

Blackout
10-01-2010, 05:30 PM
A tune that goes for max performance without regarding longevity is what I call a Heads Up Racer's tune. That works for some people if they are fully aware an accepting of the risks.

Ok now I am confused, does Craig know how to tune his car or not. Your calling his tun a "Heads Up Racer's Tune". Why does a tune have to be a "Dyno Tune"?

Hey man, I know that this thread was started to just poke and have a little fun. But it's all debatable.

Blackout
10-01-2010, 05:32 PM
I see more guys hanging of your flappy sack.

No, I dont swing from anyone. But because Metcalf is my Brother-in-Law, I have had a unique perspective into his cars and the way he does stuff.

Adam@S&MMotorsports
10-01-2010, 10:13 PM
]
I'm a suck ass driver, what is there to debate? :lol:

"Tooners" do what you are describing when it comes to tuning a car. They take the laptop and make the AF smooth and the power decent on a dynograph. You are right, most people with a little practice can tune like that for decent WOT performance. They will also tune a car to the ragged edge to get the very best numbers, without taking into account the longevity or safety margin of a combo

What a real Tuner does is also dial in the thousands of other values in a modern day ECU that ensure each time you start the car it idles right, has good throttle response, keeps decent fuel economy, and overall good driving manners. Ken, Mike, Craig and others fit the real tuner category. What real tuners also do is take their vast experience of tuning literally hundreds or thousands of different combos they have tuned over the years and give constructive suggestions on what to do to get acceptable results out of your car. They also know what parts maybe result in unacceptable margins of safety or longevity if tuned to make power?

Why would you want someone to knowingly take your money when the results will be less than desirable or even worse, potentially unsafe? I just don't understand why anyone would prefer a scenario like that.

Hmmm Metcalf I think he named you as a tuner in his list of real ones. There isn't another tuner in the city with the name Craig:bigthumb

Metcalf Racing
10-01-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm no tuner. I'm a racer.

Metcalf Racing
10-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Oh and while I'm posting I wanted to touch on why it makes me sick to hear about you guys and your dyno trips. The word SAFE. All that is, is a EXCUSE as to why your cars are SlOW. If I'm going its to make power.

adragon72
10-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Is there such a thing as safe?

Metcalf Racing
10-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Exactly

Adam@S&MMotorsports
10-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Oh and while I'm posting I wanted to touch on why it makes me sick to hear about you guys and your dyno trips. The word SAFE. All that is, is a EXCUSE as to why your cars are SlOW. If I'm going its to make power.

Buddy your cars all get tuned safely without leaving a ton of power on the table. Neither Tracey or myself would put your cars on the ragged edge to pick up 5hp. I believe you are talking about the overly rich pigs that some people refer to as "safe" which are actually no more safe than a correct tune...

Whyucryn
10-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Wiggity Wiggity Wack!!

9cobra4
10-02-2010, 01:10 PM
The bottom line is my cars are fast and always have been. I've been calling ken out for over 10yrs. Look it up. Ill have my car back this week call Ken see if he wants to race me. If not you guys should quit talking for him

Are you kidding me? Ken isn't worried about racing you, he's a grown man who doesn't need to race the infamous metcalf to feel good about himself. Let it go. Call me a nut swinger, call me whatever you want, I'm just taking up for a friend. Grow up.

Mista Bone
10-03-2010, 12:08 AM
But Metcalf feels "better" by calling out someone who has no interest in racing him, it is like a huge win to him, even without having to race Ken.

Blackout
10-03-2010, 01:41 AM
But Metcalf feels "better" by calling out someone who has no interest in racing him, it is like a huge win to him, even without having to race Ken.

Now hold on here guys! Blame the starter of the thread for the call out. The point of the entire thread is Metcalf tunes his own cars and as far as Ken goes, I don't know whether or not he can pour concrete or not. But who does what best was the question. But when you question Metcalf on him tuning and racing, he is going to call out anyone who thinks they have a shot. He thrives to be the fastest car out there and thats all.

Here's a better way to put it. If you can speak for Ken, then set the race up. But don't set there and stir the pot when guy don't even know whats going on and then get defensive when he gets called out and it wasn't even his words that got him in the middle. Just my .02

Mista Bone
10-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Only Ken can speak for himself about a matchup.

If Craig is tuning his own POS to be on the ragged edge, power to him. But that does little for a business trying to build itself on a reputable tune that will last more than 2k miles before shitting the crank through the oil pan.

As a tuner/builder do you wanna be known as the one lap feature that WILL explode or the one that can run the number every weekend, and repeat it at next track.

Blackout
10-03-2010, 02:39 AM
Yeah but Craig never said one thing about opening a buisness. He has only taken 2 cars ever to Cincy Speed for tuning and he was taking it there for someone else. (Big Rob) His cars are crazy high horsepower cars and when you start getting into making high power numbers, no-ones car is going to last very long if all you do is beat on it.

I don't speak for Craig either, so I will let him comment for his self. There is no need to keep this rediculous thread going.

Mista Bone
10-03-2010, 03:01 AM
Yeah but Craig never said one thing about opening a buisness. He has only taken 2 cars ever to Cincy Speed for tuning and he was taking it there for someone else. (Big Rob) His cars are crazy high horsepower cars and when you start getting into making high power numbers, no-ones car is going to last very long if all you do is beat on it.

I don't speak for Craig either, so I will let him comment for his self. There is no need to keep this rediculous thread going.

if anything, think about what you just posted and my Honda background.

Sit down, shut up, line up, let the timeslips do the talking.

mustang8998
10-03-2010, 03:23 AM

Huh? :eek:

GREAZY
10-03-2010, 08:09 AM

WTF - Bone must be hanging out with Buddy again.

Bone for all of us that dont know, tell us about your Honda backround.

Blackout
10-03-2010, 08:40 AM
yeah no doubt. what does your Honda background have to do about Craig & Ken? Now Im confused. You have a honda background?

black90lx
10-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Are you kidding me? Ken isn't worried about racing you, he's a grown man who doesn't need to race the infamous metcalf to feel good about himself. Let it go. Call me a nut swinger, call me whatever you want, I'm just taking up for a friend. Grow up.

other tuners just say its on a safe tune because they cant get anymore power out of it so that's an excuse. the only good tuners around that can get good numbers out of a car and be safe are you and tracy... you 2 are the only ones that will touch my cars and i will go to where ever you 2 are to get it done.

347sc
10-03-2010, 10:57 AM

LOL Fuck your Honda background you have never owned anything fast. So why dont you sit down and shut up and let the people that have been faster the high 13s talk about cars and you go back to fantasy land.

dsmawd350
10-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Buddy your cars all get tuned safely without leaving a ton of power on the table. Neither Tracey or myself would put your cars on the ragged edge to pick up 5hp.

The point of the entire thread is Metcalf tunes his own cars

im confused?

Blackout
10-03-2010, 11:35 AM
read a couple posts before all that. The cars that Cincy Speed tuned where Big Rob's cars. Craig came along for the ride.

Cincy Speed tuned my car, and I made a signature that showed that. I am real happy with my tune.

Metcalf Racing
10-03-2010, 11:48 AM
No that's not true Alan. I took my turbo car to Cincy Speed and I've taken y current car there also. I like Cincy Speed. Everyone there as always went above and beyond for me. I've had my current car there also. I needed help getting the bugs out before a big race in Marion and Craig and Adam did everything in their power to help me win. Which I Did Win!!!

Metcalf Racing
10-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Are you kidding me? Ken isn't worried about racing you, he's a grown man who doesn't need to race the infamous metcalf to feel good about himself. Let it go. Call me a nut swinger, call me whatever you want, I'm just taking up for a friend. Grow up.Kens not your friend. And if you went such a newb you know that Ken and I have been arguing about racing for over 10yrs. THAT'S WHY THEY MADE THIS THREAD, THE REAL STANGBANGERZ KNOW THIS. Go do some research into our background if you wanna chime in. If not go GF

black90lx
10-03-2010, 12:04 PM
other tuners just say its on a safe tune because they cant get anymore power out of it so that's an excuse. the only good tuners around that can get good numbers out of a car and be safe are you and tracy... you 2 are the only ones that will touch my cars and i will go to where ever you 2 are to get it done.
this quote was meant for slow94gt not 9cobra4. i dont know hoe the fuck his post got quoted.