Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Road Racing Video - Oh My! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Road Racing Video - Oh My!

Black Horse
09-24-2010, 10:44 PM
The view from inside Chris Griswold's American Iron Extreme car at last week's NASA National's at Miller Motorsports Park.

Keep your eye on the telemetry.....damn thing is FAST!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC1aRHekq8Y&feature=player_embedded

mustang8998
09-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Was anyone else racing?

Looked like the rest of the field...... was out for a Sunday drive.

04 Venom
09-25-2010, 12:06 AM
Impressive.

Marker1989
09-25-2010, 01:02 AM
V8 + turbos + sequential box = ultimate racing machine

Idk what I just watched but thank you..

Mista Bone
09-25-2010, 03:06 AM
Someone was coasting around Miller quite a bit.

Needs more grip and brakes.....

Pops Fun
09-25-2010, 07:04 AM
WOW!! That was great!!!

ADaughen
09-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Was anyone else racing?

Looked like the rest of the field...... was out for a Sunday drive.

Yeah... some of those guys were taking really bad lines through the corners and he was just spanking them.

173mph on the front stretch is pretty nice. :bigthumb

DeckerEnt
09-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Loved it when he shifted into high gear....at 145!!!!!! Sweet Vid!!

cobra429boss
09-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Yeah... some of those guys were taking really bad lines through the corners and he was just spanking them.

174mph on the front stretch is pretty nice. :bigthumb

fixed it for ya

Black Horse
09-25-2010, 03:52 PM
They were radaring him at 180 during the rest of the weekend.

It wasn't bad lines for everyone else, he just "stuck" better. I beleive he runs on Hoosiers while the AI guys have to run on the Toyos. Remeber - the "lines" change during a race. There is a fast line and a race line depending on what is going on around you.

Nothing like have a hugh horsepower advantage. What you don't see it the guy(s) in his class running behind him. Chris was by far the quickest (and the top dog), but the other American Iron Extreme cars were no slouches either.

I am amazed at the power he could put down right out of the corners! I followed him a few times in another car he had and at Putnam he would be spinning the tires out of turn 11 all the way past the start/finish line. He builds some amazingly fast cars!

mustang8998
09-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Are the Extreme cars, limited on HP, like the AI cars?

What you don't see it the guy(s) in his class running behind him. Chris was by far the quickest (and the top dog), but the other American Iron Extreme cars were no slouches either.

Thats kind of what I was asking, about him being the only car racing, LOL.

So, was that a race, or practice? Just wondering, with both classes being on the track.

Black Horse
09-25-2010, 05:20 PM
It was actually the NASA Nationals - the BIG race!

The AIX guys do have some fixed rules, but they aren't horsepower restricted like us AI guys. Pretty much whatever goes!

The American Iron, American Iron Extreme, Camaro-Mustang Challenge cars were all out there together like normal. The classes usually stagger start to spread the competition out, not sure why Chris and the rest of the AIXer's was in the back unless the inverted the field to make it interesting!

Our normal race weekends we have 35 or more cars on track at the same time - the races are broken into the "Thunder" groups and the "Lightning" groups. I get to mix it up with the Corvettes, Vipers, Porches, BMW's and more. Its fun and you are ALWAYS busy behind the wheel. You also spend a lot of time with one eye in the mirrors to see who is coming up on you fast - the last thing you want to do is pull in front of someone like Chris at full boogie when you are racing someone else - it can make for a real mess.

Next year the Nationals will be back at Mid-Ohio - I can't wait!

Sharad
09-25-2010, 08:10 PM
pretty badass. I was watching a lot of the videos on there. They were saying Ernesto Roco was making 850hp back in 09. That's crazy in a roadrace car! Wonder what kinda hp Griswold is making and what his setup is?

mustang8998
09-26-2010, 12:06 AM
Didn't even dawn on me. Griswold............

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh283/mustang8998/Truckster.jpg

The Truckster, is flying!

Black Horse
09-26-2010, 02:09 AM
~lol~