Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
AC compresser 4.6L [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : AC compresser 4.6L

wolverine8490
09-12-2010, 12:55 PM
I need an AC compresser that will fit a 97 F150 4.6L. Let me know if you have anything.

orangeconv
09-12-2010, 01:46 PM
I probably have one.

bangingears
09-12-2010, 01:55 PM
I have one, PM me if interested. Was on a truck for about 5 minutes, so its almost new

Blackout
09-13-2010, 05:52 PM
is the compressor gone or is the clutch burned up?

wolverine8490
09-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Im not 100% sure. I think it is the bearing inside the pulley that is pressed on to the compresser. I was going to just replace the bearing/pulley, but I think it would just be easier to replace it with a used one.

Blackout
09-15-2010, 06:33 PM
I have the bearying and pully. There not really pressed. They sit on a shaft with a C-Clip that holds it on. the front of the pump unbolts and then you can take off the clip. (It should be the same as on a mustang). I have a pump that the housing busted but the pully and fron piece is fine. If you want I can take a picture of what I have and send it to you.

wolverine8490
09-15-2010, 07:26 PM
I have the bearying and pully. There not really pressed. They sit on a shaft with a C-Clip that holds it on. the front of the pump unbolts and then you can take off the clip. (It should be the same as on a mustang). I have a pump that the housing busted but the pully and fron piece is fine. If you want I can take a picture of what I have and send it to you.

Thats cool. I think my whole compresser is shot. I took the pulley off tonight and the shaft will not spin either. It was in pretty bad shape. Also it is a 8 rib pulley so if it was off/for a mustang, I believe they are a rib. I may end up just buying the delete pulley for the winter and fix it in the summer if I can not find anything.