PDA

View Full Version : hm, what do you guys think..

A05C
09-01-2010, 05:54 PM
As some people may know I work for a Ford Dealership. Well lately things have just been irritating me and think I'm ready to move onto something that I'd like to learn a lot more than working in the Dealership.

I've had a want to learn the art/science behind tuning and making HP.

I'm at a point in my life where I really don't have any set plans, and at 24 years old.. I can pick up and go just about anywhere there's money.

My only thing is, I don't know where to start.

I have a basic idea of how to do it as it is, I just want to be able to get good at it and possibly make it a full time job or as a 2nd form of Income.

So that's pretty much It, anyone can chime in and give me some direction it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew

V8Mustang1967
09-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Looking to go to college for it? Northwestern of Ohio i heard is a pretty good school for it.

A05C
09-02-2010, 06:32 AM
I go to school there, there's nothing closely related to doing just that. I've already taken Auto/Diesel/Alt Fuels and have my associates.

Along with a few High performance classes.

redfirepearlgt
09-02-2010, 06:51 AM
You may contact Diablo or SCT and see what training and studies their R/D and tuning engineers have gone through that has benefited them most aside from experience. Ken from MD motorsport could possibly be of some assistance to you as well being he now works for Diablo in Florida. He can likely be reached via MD since he is still affiliated with them. Good luck.

A05C
09-02-2010, 05:35 PM
I've been thinking about it a lot, since I have a lot of alone time while I'm working, and I'd like to go the route of like apprenticing at a shop and kinda looking over the shoulder kinda thing for a while. I don't know, I'm going to have some time this weekend to look in to things and place some calls. I know that Hennessy in Tx has classes, but I really don't want to go to Texas lol