Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
32 Ford in Batavia closing... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 32 Ford in Batavia closing...

Stangman
09-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Heard it on the radio this morning on my way to work. Anyone else hear? Said it was an agreement between the dealer and Ford due to the Mercury brand being dissolved? Got any more info on this one Terry? Getting rid of Mercury doesnt seems like a reason for an entire dealer to close up. There goed more jobs...

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Damn...Batavia is going to be a ghost town in a couple years. That dealership has been there pretty much my whole life. That's downright sad.

glassman
09-01-2010, 10:10 AM
I haven't got any info on this yet but it sucks They are a great bunch of guys to deal with. I will also feel this as I have been doing all of the glass work for a while now.

87stangbbb
09-01-2010, 10:13 AM
is this the big dealership across the street from longhorn?

ADaughen
09-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Are they going to get rid of any cool swag? I could use some garage gear.

beefcake
09-01-2010, 10:34 AM
They are down in Batavia, and I heard it is a for sure thing.

We actually hired their longest term sales gal 2 weeks ago.

She sold 2 cars here the day she was putting her application in, lol.

A lil sad for batavia, but will be good for us as we should get some of the business.

There really are way too many dealers anyway

Stangman
09-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Id like to have some genuine ford swag myself too... kinda funny because a few weeks ago I thought to myself as I passed "maann I sure would love to have that GIANT Ford oval on their sign if they close" whoops guess I jinxed em lol

Stangman
09-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Also would like to have their body shop for my own personal use lol

KB1
09-01-2010, 11:38 AM
I wonder who is going to get the municipal vehicle business??? The were the hub for the Crown Vics, Commercial Chassis ETC.

Dirtyd0g
09-01-2010, 12:31 PM
That is really sad to hear, I worked their for a short time, but couldn't get along with the management they had then. I use them for parts heavily because they treat me right and deliver. Guess I'll have to go back to mail ordering parts.
Alan

inferno50
09-01-2010, 12:52 PM
That's where our ford parts come from.there sure are a lot of upset people down there right now.

Blackpony
09-01-2010, 01:32 PM
I work with a girl who just bought a 2011 Edge from their and she said there was some talking between two sales man that they might be shutting down

glassman
09-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Ford wanted them to build a new building & update the dealership. The owners decided in the long run it would take them 15-20 years to recover their money so they decide to take the ford buy out. They told the employees they will close in 30 days & they could have shut the doors down that day so be glad that that they had the 30....
They are a great bunch of people down there & it does suck for me I'm in there a few times a week 4 work.

glassman
09-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Also would like to have their body shop for my own personal use lol

They closed this a few years ago . The building is for hd truck repair. The body palace had bought their stuff when they closed.

Mista Bone
09-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Castrucci Ford in Milford already had "Welcome 32 customers" on their sign today.

Rustanggt98
09-02-2010, 06:22 AM
there goes my Ford parts hook up. :( Convenient only a mile from the house, hell, that was one of the perks of the neighborhoods location lol.

duststang
09-02-2010, 07:35 AM
Man all these places closing is terrible. I was reading in the paper yesterday that Batavia school is $300,000 over budget. Probably doesnt help that Batavia Ford plant shut down and now 32 Ford what next? it gets depressing to hear all these places closing up and people losing their jobs.

beefcake
09-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Man all these places closing is terrible. I was reading in the paper yesterday that Batavia school is $300,000 over budget. Probably doesnt help that Batavia Ford plant shut down and now 32 Ford what next? it gets depressing to hear all these places closing up and people losing their jobs.

In all honesty, there are entirely too many ford dealers in the GC area.

How many toyota dealers do you have? 4.

Cincinnati per capita, at least until ford bought some back a few years ago, had more Ford dealers per person, than any other city in the united states

flooded

Pitbull1052
09-02-2010, 10:13 AM
check out how many Chevrolet Dealers there......... just in the 275 loop not even the tristate.. I think at one point I counted like 20.....

egbertnr
09-02-2010, 11:55 AM
The Ford dealer in Mt Orab is always a good place for parts! Tom out there is a good old Race car guy and is pretty helpful.

But now that I think about it there are a lot of Ford dealers out there and with all the internet business making the world smaller its hard to have that many that close together.

glassman
09-02-2010, 02:06 PM
The Ford dealer in Mt Orab is always a good place for parts! Tom out there is a good old Race car guy and is pretty helpful.

But now that I think about it there are a lot of Ford dealers out there and with all the internet business making the world smaller its hard to have that many that close together.

They may be next... Just word on the street.

egbertnr
09-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Wow,now that would suck, although they could use an update too.

Steves LX
09-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Wow,now that would suck, although they could use an update too.

Yeah that would really suck!! Mt.Orab Ford is the only Ford Mtotrsports dealer around here.

Camaro86SHOCKER
09-03-2010, 10:20 AM
I wanna know about my parts warranty. I had them put a heater core in and so far they have had to put 4 new ones in it all for free after the first one.

Stangman
09-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Yeah that would really suck!! Mt.Orab Ford is the only Ford Mtotrsports dealer around here.

Forreal... Tom is the only guy I know to go to and get an actual "deal" on Ford racing parts/regular parts...

I'd hate to see that place go. It's gotta be hard to sell cars wayyy out here though.