Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Crazy Firebird crash [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Firebird crash

98cobradan
08-24-2010, 01:30 AM
http://www.whiotv.com/news/24725811/detail.html

PaulFiveOh
08-24-2010, 01:48 AM
Thats nuts.

Katmandu
08-24-2010, 08:06 AM
I know this belongs in the Media forum, but you got to see what this STUPID ASSSED kid did yesterday AM on a CROWDED PUBLIC highway !

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/dayton-news/cruiser-cam-catches-i-675-crash-876112.html

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Holy shit! What the hell was he trying to do anyway? Critical condition, he's lucky to be in one piece!

Chris Lazzo
08-24-2010, 09:29 AM
That mofo should be locked up and when he gets out NEVER be able to drive till he's 40.

What a F... head !!!!!!

WHYTRY
08-24-2010, 09:29 AM
holy fuck. did he live? smokey an the bandit dont have shit on that.. thats something 2007shelby will end up doing if he keeps it up

lollygaggerjoe
08-24-2010, 09:31 AM
heres some more about it

http://projects.daytondailynews.com/cache/galleries/News/Local/082310crash/

and someones already making fun of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgKfJ6IY5l0&feature=search

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Yeah seriously, his license should be revoked for LIFE after a stunt like that. He could have easily gone into the other lane and killed someone. What a retard. That's natural selection at work folks.

I think he must have been thrown from the car...there's no other way he could've lived with the car torn into pieces like that.

lollygaggerjoe
08-24-2010, 09:37 AM
yea he had to be that car is totally ripped apart

Evil_Capri
08-24-2010, 10:19 AM
WOW?! :eek:

Katmandu
08-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Holy shit! What the hell was he trying to do anyway? Critical condition, he's lucky to be in one piece!HAS to be another Suicide attempt. If you watch the video closely, he NEVER hit the brakes! NO brake lights!

Look what happened to that kid in a Lexus last week on I-75 South of Middletown.

A couple years ago, my wife was the Executive Director for a local Suicide Prevention Coalition. There's way more suicides than people would ever believe! A LOT of suicides are NOT listed as suicides (by the Coroner's) to save families from more grief.

zlou363lx
08-24-2010, 10:55 AM
says he was ejected from the car, and landed on the right side of south bound 675.

The specific cause of the crash has not yet been determined, but Ohio State Highway Patrol Lt. Marty Fellure said crash investigators are looking into whether speed played a factor

speed? no way...

Pitbull1052
08-24-2010, 11:44 AM
every time I watch it all I can hear is the General Lee's horn!!!!!

skeptiq
08-24-2010, 11:55 AM
HAS to be another Suicide attempt. If you watch the video closely, he NEVER hit the brakes! NO brake lights!

Look what happened to that kid in a Lexus last week on I-75 South of Middletown.

A couple years ago, my wife was the Executive Director for a local Suicide Prevention Coalition. There's way more suicides than people would ever believe! A LOT of suicides are NOT listed as suicides (by the Coroner's) to save families from more grief.

This was my first thought as well... who know for sure. For all we know he changed something with his car that went wrong or somehow got stuck WOT, something like that could have happened to any one of us...

Later,
Ben

Katmandu
08-24-2010, 11:56 AM
every time I watch it all I can hear is the General Lee's horn!!!!!lol! That's some funny shit right there! :lol:

Katmandu
08-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Copy cat suicide attempt.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/crime/teens-lexus-hit-133-mph-in-i-75-crash-858370.html?cxtype=fb_mlt

Loco07GT
08-24-2010, 12:52 PM
This was my first thought as well... who know for sure. For all we know he changed something with his car that went wrong or somehow got stuck WOT, something like that could have happened to any one of us...

Later,
Ben

If he was mechanically inclined enough to work on his car, and his throttle did in fact get stuck WOT, I'd sure hope he would have been bright enough to put the car in neutral or shut'er down in that situation. Unfortunately, I believe this guy had a death wish......

skeptiq
08-24-2010, 01:00 PM
If he was mechanically inclined enough to work on his car, and his throttle did in fact get stuck WOT, I'd sure hope he would have been bright enough to put the car in neutral or shut'er down in that situation. Unfortunately, I believe this guy had a death wish......

Correct... I agree with the deathwish part, just presenting another possibility.

cobra429boss
08-24-2010, 01:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3PJEZcA4Kw&feature=related

East bound and down

thecollector
08-24-2010, 01:11 PM
It had to have an LS swap, no other way for 3rd gen to go that fast:lol:

The saddest part of this story is he survived :confused:and made all those people late for work:flipoff:, at least he didn't take anyone else with him. If your gonna kill yourself at least be man enough do it safely (for others) I.E. gun/ carbon monoxide.

If final destination taught me nothing else it's that death will eventually catch up to you....

thecollector
08-24-2010, 01:13 PM

:lol::lol:

Pitbull1052
08-24-2010, 01:36 PM
wonder what the people in the car that was under the overpass that is hitting their brakes at the same time dude is smacking the pillar was thinking, would be wild to see in person for sure

Flaming87lx
08-24-2010, 01:53 PM

My drink came out my nose, I cant quit laughing, and it burns:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Flaming87lx
08-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Brake lights came on AFTER he was airborn. How did that work out for ya little feller?

bestracing
08-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Update:

Beavercreek police released 19-year-old Brennan Eden of Mason from custody roughly 20 minutes before he sped down Interstate 675 on Monday morning, hit a culvert, and launched his Pontiac Firebird into the Wagner Road overpass.

The force of the crash broke the car apart and ejected Eden onto the highway during the morning rush hour. He remains at Miami Valley Hospital after suffering serious injuries. The crash closed the southbound lanes of I-675 for five hours on Monday, Aug. 23.

Beavercreek police said Tuesday that they had arrested Eden at 6:13 a.m. Monday on charges including possession of alcohol, drug paraphernalia and drug abuse after he was found with a girl in the parking lot near the corner of Beaver Vu Drive and North Fairfield Road. The officer found an unopened can of alcohol, a trace of marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the car.

The girl was released to her father. Eden was cited, given a court summons and released.

“It’s police procedure not to incarcerate people on a prohibition (charge),” Sgt. Jim Wuebben said.

“Eden was cooperative throughout, and there were no indications of Eden to be under the influence of alcohol at the time of his arrest. He was released prior to 6:54 a.m.” Monday, Wuebben said.

Wuebben added that Eden was not tested for alcohol or drugs because the situation “did not warrant testing for alcohol.”

A message left on a relative’s answering service asked callers to continue to prayer for Eden, a 2009 Mason High School graduate.

djom1cincy
08-24-2010, 02:21 PM
The only thing I'm thinking is to bad he lived. Next time he might kill someone else.

Katmandu
08-24-2010, 02:28 PM
wonder what the people in the car that was under the overpass that is hitting their brakes at the same time dude is smacking the pillar was thinking, would be wild to see in person for sureThey were shitting their pants!

I KNOW! I almost got hit HEAD ON by a guy "trying" to commit suicide! He was in my lane on a divided highway heading straight for my car! Thank God and made me swerve out of his way or I wouldn't be typing this right now. He was going to take me out with him!

beefcake
08-24-2010, 02:29 PM
friggin nuts

03z06vette
08-24-2010, 02:31 PM
I just keep watchin it. Sometimes I wonder how people live through wrecks like that. But die at a red light while getting hit from the side at 40mph

Katmandu
08-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Update:
The girl was released to her fatherWant to bey that the girlfriend's dad said something like..... "Don't you EVER F***ING come around my daughter AGAIN or I'll beat your ass!". He probably took off in a heated rage and we see the end result.

Pitbull1052
08-24-2010, 02:39 PM
They were shitting their pants!

I KNOW! I almost got hit HEAD ON by a guy "trying" to commit suicide! He was in my lane on a divided highway heading straight for my car! Thank God and made me swerve out of his way or I wouldn't be typing this right now. He was going to take me out with him!

so basically the interior of two cars got totally F'd up lol

Mista Bone
08-24-2010, 04:44 PM
dejected and ejected........

Pitbull1052
08-24-2010, 04:51 PM
My drink came out my nose, I cant quit laughing, and it burns:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I did the same to my girl last night when it was on the news as soon as I saw I rewound it was like ner na ner na na ner ner ..... ner ner.......... lol

pegasus
08-24-2010, 05:10 PM

thats what i was sayying to mom and dad

Katmandu
08-24-2010, 05:18 PM
so basically the interior of two cars got totally F'd up lolBasically, yes and almost a 3rd! I had my Louisville slugger out but came to my senses at the last second. :cool2:

Pitbull1052
08-24-2010, 05:22 PM
thats what i was sayying to mom and dad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EgMcANRjVY&feature=related

tmotorsports
08-24-2010, 07:06 PM
maybe he was driving way too fast and fell asleep at the wheel.he was up all night doing stuff he should not have been

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-24-2010, 07:21 PM
I just keep watchin it. Sometimes I wonder how people live through wrecks like that. But die at a red light while getting hit from the side at 40mph

There was a guy at a factory i worked at, he was pushing this big rolling flatbed of scrap, and a forklift bumped the flatbed and pushed him down...not even violently, just like a light shove, but enough that he just hit his head on the floor when he landed. He died 3 days later from internal brain hemmoraging. Then some idiot like this will pull through. It's amazing isn't it?

I've seen a lot of car crashes, a few of them being fatal. I've seen people who died, who look like they're just sleeping. You can't tell anything is wrong with them. It really makes you wonder just what it takes to kill someone and why some people seem to go off like a switch and others like this guy can go through pure hell and somehow make it out alive.

The more i watch it though, the more it does look like a suicide attempt. He hit that guard rail almost perfect and i didn't see any tail lights. I guess he could have fallen asleep though.

93RedNotch
08-24-2010, 08:33 PM
I dont know how anyone could survive a car accident like that. Thank god he is alright.

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-24-2010, 09:27 PM
:)

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67591

PaulFiveOh
08-24-2010, 11:51 PM
This thread was first...jus sayin

Katmandu
08-25-2010, 12:56 AM
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/crime/police-had-arrested-released-man-before-horrific-i-675police-had-arrested-released-man-before-horrific-i-675-crash-877351.html?cxntnid=bn-082410

BEAVERCREEK — Beavercreek police released 19-year-old Brennan Eden of Mason from custody roughly 20 minutes before he sped down Interstate 675 on Monday morning, hit a culvert, and launched his Pontiac Firebird into the Wagner Road overpass.

The force of the crash broke the car apart and ejected Eden onto the highway during the morning rush hour. He remains at Miami Valley Hospital after suffering serious injuries. The crash closed the southbound lanes of I-675 for five hours on Monday, Aug. 23.

A police cruiser camera caught the crash, and the video has been played on newscasts and websites around the country.

Crash investigators with the Xenia Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol have not determined the specific cause of the accident or if alcohol or drugs played a role.

Beavercreek police said Tuesday that they had arrested Eden at 6:13 a.m. Monday on charges including possession of alcohol, drug paraphernalia and drug abuse after he was found with a 15-year-old Beavercreek girl in the parking lot near the corner of Beaver Vu Drive and North Fairfield Road.

The officer approached the vehicle because it was in the parking lot of a closed business at such an early hour. The officer found an unopened can of alcohol, a trace of marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the car.

The girl was cited and released to her father. Eden was given a court summons and released.

“It’s police procedure not to incarcerate people on a prohibition (charge),” Beavercreek Sgt. Jim Wuebben said. “There was no reason to believe that Mr. Eden was a flight risk or that he would not appear in court.”

“Eden was cooperative throughout, and there were no indications of Eden to be under the influence of alcohol at the time of his arrest. He was released prior to 6:54 a.m.” Monday, Wuebben said.

The contact between the officer, Eden and the teen girl was not recorded on cruiser camera because it was not considered a traffic stop.

“None of this was captured on cruiser camera ... because this was not a traffic stop. In a traffic stop scenario the (cruiser’s) overhead lights are automatically operated,” Wuebben said.

Police do not anticipate making any changes in procedures or policies as a result of Monday’s incident. Wuebben said his department believes there was no connection between their interaction with Eden and his crash on I-675.

In November 2009, Eden was cited by the Ohio State Highway Patrol for driving 90 mph in an 65 mph zone, according to records filed in the Fairborn Municipal Court.

A message left on a relative’s answering service asked callers to continue to prayer for Eden, a 2009 Mason High School graduate.

“Our hearts go out to the family and friends of Brennan, who is a valued member of the Mason Schools community,” said Mindy McCarty-Stewart, principal of Mason High School. “We continue to hope that he will make a full recovery. Brennan’s a great kid with a lot of artistic ability who was very well-liked by his teachers.”

Officer surprised
The Sugarcreek Twp. police officer whose cruiser captured Eden’s crash on tape was surprised by the event. It’s a rare occasion for an officer to witness a crash, said Sugarcreek Twp. Sgt. J.R. Williams.

The police officer was southbound on I-675, responding to a call about debris on the road when Eden’s 1985 Pontiac Firebird rushed by on the left side.

The officer flicked on his lights as the crash occurred. That allowed his Watch Guard Digital In Car Video to start recording.

The cruiser camera records in a constant loop, meaning it’s continually overwritten. “When the officer activates his overhead lights, (the camera) starts recording to a disk two minutes prior to that,” Williams said. “Once the officer shuts its lights off or stops the recording, it goes back to recording on the loop until the next time the officer activates (the) lights.”

http://www.ohio-share.coxnewsweb.com/multimedia/dynamic/00754/Brennan_Eden_754241c.jpg

2007ShelbyCobra
08-25-2010, 01:09 AM
At least the driver was ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbB_KlCSZ68

:lol:

sean
08-25-2010, 01:12 AM
I would say at least everyone else on the road was ok..... F@#K the driver. Theres already a post about this here too. The kid had issues for sure. Drive like a dumb ass and eventually this will happen.

Kevin1989
08-25-2010, 02:11 AM
after owning a 3rd gen... my question is how the fuck did he get it going that fast?? i believe i have met him before too grade below me at school

Mista Bone
08-25-2010, 02:42 AM
the F Body will do 130+ mph, even with a peanut cammed TPI motor.

2.77 BW 9 bolt sure helps :)

chris91
08-25-2010, 03:28 AM
You guys should watch the video, its not the same wreck. lol

V8Mustang1967
08-25-2010, 07:05 AM
On the news they said he was released from jail 15mins before... Mom shoulda swallowed that day i suppose. :chicken:

duststang
08-25-2010, 10:21 AM
WOW what an idiot!!!! I would suspect suicide attempt.
I bet that girls father is really glad that the police called him to pick her up. He is probably telling her What the F was you thinking look what you was headed for.

bestracing
08-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Did anyone else find it funny that he was with a girl in a parking lot at the corner of Beaver Vu

93RedNotch
08-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Im going to make it very clear, when I have kids, that dukes of hazzard is a hollywood movie.

sean
08-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Im going to make it very clear, when I have kids, that dukes of hazzard is a hollywood movie.

lol... Well to some of us it was the best tv show ever.... lol That knight rider and the a team. But you may be a bit young for that...

Mista Bone
08-26-2010, 12:08 AM
Same stunt driver for Dukes and Knight rider to do the jumps.

93RedNotch
08-26-2010, 07:22 PM
lol... Well to some of us it was the best tv show ever.... lol That knight rider and the a team. But you may be a bit young for that...

I know what they are, just never grew up watching them. lol I did love smokey and the bandit when i was little hahaha

jrmylmach1
08-27-2010, 02:28 AM
[QUOTE=Katmandu;592858]http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/crime/police-had-arrested-released-man-before-horrific-i-675police-had-arrested-released-man-before-horrific-i-675-crash-877351.html?cxntnid=bn-082410

It was shown over here in Tokyo on the news as well. I couldn't understand what they were saying but they showed it 4 or 5 times in slow motion and were pretty excited about the crash. I had seen it online already so I knew where it happened.

Crucial
08-27-2010, 02:48 AM
http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/167267-1/Knight_Rider_boost.gif

Rob
08-31-2010, 11:38 AM
man he almost cleared the bridge too, little more ramp....little more speed..., maybe next time

87stangbbb
08-31-2010, 11:39 AM
that would have been sweet if he cleared it. would of sucked coming down tho

Loco07GT
09-28-2010, 01:28 PM
Absolutely amazing......this idiot is already out of the hospital. They should have hauled his *ss off to jail the second they released him from the hospital, and charge him with attempted vehicular homicide.

http://www.whiotv.com/news/25193064/detail.html

sean
09-28-2010, 04:33 PM
little ass. I hope they took his d/l at the very least.

Katmandu
09-28-2010, 06:38 PM
little ass. I hope they took his d/l at the very least.Do you really think that would stop him from driving ?

Do you have any idea how many people out there driving have NO driver's license OR are driving under suspension ??

BTW, the kid has a Death wish and was trying to complete Suicide.

There was pretty much nothing anybody could do to stop this from happening. Even the Cops said he seemed to be OK. If they had any indications to detain him further, I'm certain they would have.

It's extremely fortunate that others weren't injured/killed by his suicide attempt!