Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Got a new Job! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Got a new Job!

NXcoupe
08-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Well, I have been unhappy with what I was doing for quite a while. They made a co worker my boss and he made it his life's mission to make my life miserable and protect his position from someone with more education, experience and talent than himself. This made for some very long days.
I asked to be transferred in ManTech back to the socom program, but was told no, I was needed where I was. I had the manager of the site acquisitions program go to the PM and ask him for me to come into his program, he was told flat out no, he is where he is needed. So now they have no trainers in Afghanistan. The guy who was promoted went on leave and myself and the other trainer both quit and came to the same company within 2 weeks of each other.
So, I now work for Honeywell Inc. I am working on HEMMT and LMTV trucks. They are brand new from either Oshkosh or from BAE(which part of it is actually made in Fairfield) and when they come in, we do a front to rear inspection of the vehicle to make sure everything is as new and ready to go into the fight. Sounds great, EXCEPT for the fact that these are shipped into Pakistan, and then put onto what we call 'jingle trucks' and shipped to us overland. Well, as the mafia calls it, some things fall 'off' the trucks on their way to us. Like, horns, brake chambers, engine oil, rear end fluid, washer fluid, etc. So when they get to us, we need to find everything these idiots stole off of it, and then replace it.
It's tough being the FNG again, but I am holding my own, it's good to be wrenching again and no politics or people to manage, I just worry about what I do and do it well. It's great $$$$ too. I plan to stay with them as long as they have contracts over here I can work on. So, it was sad to leave ManTech, liked working for them, but Honeywell made it worth my while to swap and I don't have to put up with much crap at all.

plated
08-24-2010, 10:30 AM
good for you mike,life's toooo short to be pissed off all the time and work is where we spend most of our time so you got to be happy with what you do for a living or it will make you life hell. rock on brother:bigthumb

skeptiq
08-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Congrats... when one door closes, another opens.

GL with new jobby!

Ben

Pops Fun
08-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Glad to hear it worked out

Katmandu
08-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Man! That's good news Michael! Glad to hear you're doing ok. :bigthumb

BTW, I sold my Big Diesel awhile back. Had a bad back injury and couldn't work the clutch pedal any longer. :rolleyes: My back has since healed, so I'm looking for another Big Diesel. I'll be sure to take it down to the shop for some dyno runs!

NXcoupe
08-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Sounds good man! Well, thanks everyone! I have been enjoying it so far, change of pace and all. But man, these are some HUGE trucks. I'll post up a pic or two here soon.

chris91
08-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Congrats man! You stay safe over there too!

rmracing
08-25-2010, 01:06 AM
Congrats on the new job Mike.:)

NXcoupe
08-25-2010, 06:24 AM
Thanks Chris and Rocky! Appreciate it. Going to smoke a cigar here in 2 weeks. lol.

97REDSTANG
08-25-2010, 07:06 AM
i dont know if have got one of the new ltaz cabs yet but thats what were buildin now at Bae

NXcoupe
08-25-2010, 07:44 AM
If it goes on an FMTV, then we probably have it here. not sure tho. got a pic?

beefcake
08-26-2010, 11:15 PM
good luck in the new job!

NXcoupe
08-27-2010, 12:11 AM
Thanks man, PM me info on a BOSS when you get the info in, ok? I want to see how much one is going to be.

draggin50
08-27-2010, 01:09 AM
Congrats Mike! Whne ya going to make it back home now? Im almost ready to bring the coupe up!!!

NXcoupe
08-27-2010, 02:03 AM
I am not sure man :(. I applied for my leave today, boss is out till Sept sometime so I won't know if they are going to hose me or not. If they stick to their promise, then I will be home in a little over 3 months, around Christmas time. If not, then it will be end of Feb and I will be looking for another employer. 9 months is too long to wait for leave, no human should ever do that to another, especially when I've been here for 18 months so far, and by that point it will be 2 years. anyway, sorry for the rant.