Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone ever buy an anti photo license plate cover? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever buy an anti photo license plate cover?

89notch
08-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Just wondering if they work? With all of these red light traffic cameras going up it might be worth the 25.00

inferno50
08-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Mythbusters proved they don't work. And if you saw it on tv or the internet it must be true.lol

Paul408Notch
08-22-2010, 02:30 PM
I bought one, but it was a huge POS and I ended up returning it. the glue strip where they attached the diffracting piece actually covered up part of the first and last letter no matter what angle you viewed it from. It was pretty much a guaranteed ticket, so I just took it off and sent it back.

PaulFiveOh
08-23-2010, 01:41 AM
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/08/mythbusters-fail-to-foil-the-speedcamera/

Metcalf Racing
08-23-2010, 01:46 AM
My wife wanted me to buy the one off youtube that you flip a switch and a cover flips down. Lol

PaulFiveOh
08-23-2010, 01:50 AM
Also wanted to add,

At this point in Ohio- Red Light cameras violations are a civil infraction. If you do not pay them nothing will happen other than the company will try to collect the debt from you. It won't hurt your credit unless they take you to court and get a judgment against you.

347sc
08-23-2010, 01:52 AM
Also wanted to add,

At this point in Ohio- Red Light cameras violations are a civil infraction. If you do not pay them nothing will happen other than the company will try to collect the debt from you. It won't hurt your credit unless they take you to court and get a judgment against you.

Correct! I got one and refused to pay it, didnt show up on credit report and the lady said basically they can not enforce it

Metcalf Racing
08-23-2010, 01:58 AM
Man I got one a few months back infront of my house. I righted on red, slowed looked and turned. I got the ticket nd my wife thought she did it called and complained. The gave her a web site that has it on video. They said the clocked me in the turn at 35mph. I told her it was me but it is a 90 degree turn and impossible to make at that rate of speed. Basically refusing to pay it

bestracing
08-23-2010, 10:58 AM
I thought there was a clear type of coating sold in a spray can that actually works and was proven to work by CBS a few years ago where the covers did not work. I'd look into that if I were you.