Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
For the old school BMX guys out there [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : For the old school BMX guys out there

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Have you guys been to the BMX Museum site yet? Damn...i almost get a little choked up looking at all the restored bikes i used to have growing up. You can flip through pics of bikes all damn day on this site.

http://bmxmuseum.com/

Crucial
08-08-2010, 03:53 PM
i have browsed that site a few times ... just got my 1987 haro sport back out this spring

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-08-2010, 10:09 PM
I've been riding an '86 General Bicycles Hustler Pro...really rare even when they were new and a short lived company.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee275/EVIL85SSP/Hustler3.jpg

It looks like hell but it's mostly original...i just put newer (13 years old) Sun Rhino Lite rims on it and some '90s GT pedals. It's a lot lighter than the freestyle bikes i grew up on and the geometry is awesome..it rides great.

PonymanfiveO
08-09-2010, 03:09 PM
very cool. Ive been on that sight a few times.

I had quite a few bikes on there as I was growing up. My favorite was my Dyno Team Slammer. I dug it out of the mud in my barn this spring and I want to restore it.
Anyone know where to start looking for GT parts?

V8Mustang1967
08-09-2010, 03:32 PM
I have my 2000 DK General Lee i used to ride. My like 1998 DK Banshee was stolen :(

MWoods26
08-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Very cool site. I had a few cool bikes when I was a kid but I always wanted a Robinson. Mabey I ill try to find one to restore now that Im old and can afford it.

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-09-2010, 07:23 PM
very cool. Ive been on that sight a few times.

I had quite a few bikes on there as I was growing up. My favorite was my Dyno Team Slammer. I dug it out of the mud in my barn this spring and I want to restore it.
Anyone know where to start looking for GT parts?

Check the classifieds on there...check ebay, check CL...stuff is out there...there are real survivor parts out there if you're willing to spend the cash...there are NOS parts if you're willing to spend twice as much

I have my 2000 DK General Lee i used to ride. My like 1998 DK Banshee was stolen :(

I had an '00 General Lee...it was a badass bike. One of the best frame geometries i've ever ridden.

Very cool site. I had a few cool bikes when I was a kid but I always wanted a Robinson. Mabey I ill try to find one to restore now that Im old and can afford it.

That's what 99% of the members over there are doing. They break it down in old school (late '70s into the '80s) mid school ('90 to early '00s) and new school which is everything out the last couple years. A lot of guys ride cruisers and restore the bikes they had in their prime.

evildriver
08-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Do I hear a old school bmx get together? I think you guys should.

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Dude i'd be all for getting together and riding with some guys..I take it a lot easier than i did back in the day. About all i do is bunny hop stuff, ride wheelies and surf on the top tube lol.

2Kblacksleeper
08-10-2010, 10:38 PM
I have my old Robinson SST in my shed. Its in great shape other than the handle bars rusted. Chrome finish on frame.

inferno50
08-12-2010, 02:59 PM
you guys should get together and go crash the beach acres skate park. ill video and put it on here. i want to see the look on all the punk ass teens faces when everyone shows up. we have a couple early 90s specialized hard rock mountain bikes.

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-12-2010, 03:37 PM
I've never stepped foot on a skate park...i just never had access to that stuff growing up. It makes me sick because now kids go to summer camp at Woodward which is a huge skate/bmx freestyle center where you're trained by the pros and practice everything jumping into foam block pits. Now kids are learning backflips at 12 years old. That's why when you compare riding today vs. '90s riding, todays riders are doing so much crazier and extreme tricks because they didn't have to risk breaking their neck to learn them. Back when i was riding, if you wanted to learn something you either did it and prayed you landed it or did it into a pond.

I'd love to find some decent dirt trails to ride but every trail i find has like 15 foot gaps and 6 foot lips..i'm just not ready for that crap yet lol.

inferno50
08-14-2010, 11:55 PM
I've never stepped foot on a skate park...i just never had access to that stuff growing up. It makes me sick because now kids go to summer camp at Woodward which is a huge skate/bmx freestyle center where you're trained by the pros and practice everything jumping into foam block pits. Now kids are learning backflips at 12 years old. That's why when you compare riding today vs. '90s riding, todays riders are doing so much crazier and extreme tricks because they didn't have to risk breaking their neck to learn them. Back when i was riding, if you wanted to learn something you either did it and prayed you landed it or did it into a pond.

I'd love to find some decent dirt trails to ride but every trail i find has like 15 foot gaps and 6 foot lips..i'm just not ready for that crap yet lol.

not sure if there still there or not but the sherwood "jumps" in anderson were where i grew up. all kinds of crazy shit and small . now im going to have to go sheck it out on sunday. ill let you know.

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-15-2010, 12:01 AM
There used to be this nasty set of trails behind Anderson Kroger. A guy named Matt Pohlkamp who was sponsored by and raced for Schwinn and some other guys built them. They got bulldozed to build the apartments that are there now.

When we were about 14 or so, me and my buddy Leo rode our bikes from Mt. Orab all the way down 32, down I275 to 125 and all the way down Beechmont just to ride them. We rode all day, then rode all the damn way back. The hills on 32 in Batavia are flat out ridiculous...both trying to ride up them and then hauling ass down them.