Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Unemployment [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Unemployment

cobra429boss
08-03-2010, 03:17 PM
I know O'bama just signed the bill for the ones who was not recieving benefits anymore, When do we expect the money to be on the account? has anyone got there money yet???

03z06vette
08-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Get a job dude!!!

cobra429boss
08-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Not asking for me dick, this dude owes me some cash and i think hes tryin to play me

03z06vette
08-03-2010, 03:28 PM
just messing with ya man....tell him to get a job and pay you!!

87stangbbb
08-03-2010, 03:45 PM
some people have got it but not everybody

Mista Bone
08-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Thanks Obama.....I only got 26 weeks and survived, these people get 99 weeks worth now.

"Welcome to Walmart......"

cobra429boss
08-03-2010, 03:54 PM
just messing with ya man....tell him to get a job and pay you!!

You know how some people are

cobra429boss
08-03-2010, 03:55 PM
some people have got it but not everybody

I just thought he would of got it today? did the people you know get the back pay or they not doing that??

87stangbbb
08-03-2010, 04:13 PM
i just got off the phone with my buddy and he said he got his back pay today. i dont know anybody else thats waiting on it so i dont know if its all been handed out or not.

Gearhead
08-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks Obama.....I only got 26 weeks and survived, these people get 99 weeks worth now.

Something wrong with working at Walmart ?? It's better than no income at all....

cobra429boss
08-03-2010, 04:19 PM
i just got off the phone with my buddy and he said he got his back pay today. i dont know anybody else thats waiting on it so i dont know if its all been handed out or not.

Thanks for the info

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 05:07 PM
I hate lazy people.

cobra429boss
08-03-2010, 05:13 PM
I hate Liars

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 05:15 PM
4 real though. I wouldn't feel like a man if I wasn't taking care of my own. Even if, God forbid, I lost my job...I would find a way to make ends meet. I'd be out mowing lawns, washing cars, landscaping, fast food...something. Leeches are killing our economy.

Dirtyd0g
08-03-2010, 05:15 PM

My thoughts exact. I got 2 weeks shy of 6 months, a buddy of mine is working on his second year....It sucks to be one of the few who lost their job before it was declared a "recession"
Alan

bkstang95
08-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Something wrong with working at Walmart ?? It's better than no income at all....

Couldn't have said it any better! Unfortunately, most Americans do not have this mentality....

cobra429boss
08-03-2010, 05:18 PM
well i just got word the guy got his last week , man i tell ya what, You help someone out and they just spit in your face.. Be sure to be at his house on sunrise of this tuesday coming to collect or things will get sideways

Mista Bone
08-03-2010, 05:37 PM

exactly my point.....

snotzs135
08-03-2010, 06:01 PM
I think its that they lack pride and just don't care and are more then happy to live off of the rest of the hard working people that have pride and self dignity. but thats just my 2cents and i am no one important. lol

MrsAPE
08-03-2010, 06:35 PM
I think its that they lack pride and just don't care and are more then happy to live off of the rest of the hard working people that have pride and self dignity. but thats just my 2cents and i am no one important. lol

CanNOT believe I'm saying this but I agree with you brother dear!! About the reason and that your no one important!! :lol:

Dirtyd0g
08-03-2010, 06:38 PM
I don't believe in shame in a job, Shame in living in government housing is an option. Shame in not being able to support yourself. Recently I told a guy who was homeless to take my truck and go to McDonalds and get a job. He left, came back and said "I don't want to work there". I told him he was a lazy good for nothing bum..... He believes he is too smart to work there.
Alan

Metcalf Racing
08-03-2010, 06:48 PM
4 real though. I wouldn't feel like a man if I wasn't taking care of my own. Even if, God forbid, I lost my job...I would find a way to make ends meet. I'd be out mowing lawns, washing cars, landscaping, fast food...something. Leeches are killing our economy.
That's a poor way of looking at things. Many jobs are seasonal and unemployment covers the winter months. That's what it is for. And that's why there is a time line. I've used unemployment my whole life in the off months. Now the business is mine and ill have to do what I can during the winter months. I do feel the last extension was a little much. But I fully support the unemployment system

Goldenpony
08-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Just remember this - there are 5 job seekers for every available job out there.
Does that mean 4 out of 5 are lazy bums?

9cobra4
08-03-2010, 06:54 PM

I think "Bone" meant you could always be a door greeter or something, instead of mooching off the government. I know in some cases Wal Mart doesn't pay the bills..but just saying.

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 06:54 PM
That's a poor way of looking at things. Many jobs are seasonal and unemployment covers the winter months. That's what it is for. And that's why there is a time line. I've used unemployment my whole life in the off months. Now the business is mine and ill have to do what I can during the winter months. I do feel the last extension was a little much. But I fully support the unemployment system

But look at it this way... It's not my fault. Sometimes people like my mom had to work 2-3 jobs when I was a kid b/c of seasonal jobs, etc. There is work during those months, you just have to have different lines of work to fill in the gaps. Snow plowing, maybe work at the mall or something.

OR, if you bank on your main summer job, say, the concrete business... you save that money and spend it sparingly so that it will take you through the winter until the next work season. If you work in the summer and make good money, spend it all, and then get unemployment all winter... That's kinda looting the system. I mean, I don't get extra money during the winter lol. Why should you? Not trying to start shit, just saying people who work season should either save it up for the off season, or have a 2nd job that they take up on the off season. It's not fair to get something for nothing.

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Just remember this - there are 5 job seekers for every available job out there.
Does that mean 4 out of 5 are lazy bums?

Yes. I only say this b/c I know the jobs are out there. You have to try to get a job, you can't just throw on some jeans and a T-shirt and show up and be like "Durrrrr" in your interview. Throw on something halfway decent, write up a resume, and try to be professional. People expect everything to be handed to them on a platter. It's like, "Oh damn, this job turned me down, I'm giving up and not trying anymore."... Just my $.02. I may be naive, but I was raised to survive.

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Let's say you make $30,000 in the summer doing your seasonal work...And that's all you do, work part of the year. Then you should make $30,000/year, and budget accordingly. It's not right if you make $30,000 during the on-season, and file unemployment and make another $10-15k in the off season (I have no idea what unemployment compensation is)...that's not right. Where does that money come from? My taxes! I'm working to pay for you to not work. How is that right? lol. I'm spending time away from my wife to be at work. So now I have to spend more time away from things I enjoy to be at work...to pay for a portion of the population who is completely content with receiving a check lol.

Example: If I walked up to you, and took your wallet out of your pocket...what would you do? I'd think you'd beat the shit out of me, or at least you'd think to yourself "that's not right." You worked hard for that money. How is this any different?

edit: And I apologize for getting bent out of shape or if I offended anybody, don't take it personal. Ya'll are still cool people, we just can't agree on everything. Worse things have happened lol.

Gearhead
08-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Some very good points made by Squale :bigthumb

Dirtyd0g
08-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Unemployment compensation is not leeching from the system. That is your money you paid it in, if you do not collect it then the government will find a way to spend it. I collected mine for the entire 6 months when I got "laid off" and I do not feel one bit of remorse about it, I still had to cash in my entire 401k to show enough investment to convince the bank to give me a loan to start my business.
Alan

03z06vette
08-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Let's say you make $30,000 in the summer doing your seasonal work...And that's all you do, work part of the year. Then you should make $30,000/year, and budget accordingly. It's not right if you make $30,000 during the on-season, and file unemployment and make another $10-15k in the off season (I have no idea what unemployment compensation is)...that's not right. Where does that money come from? My taxes! I'm working to pay for you to not work. How is that right? lol. I'm spending time away from my wife to be at work. So now I have to spend more time away from things I enjoy to be at work...to pay for a portion of the population who is completely content with receiving a check lol.

Example: If I walked up to you, and took your wallet out of your pocket...what would you do? I'd think you'd beat the shit out of me, or at least you'd think to yourself "that's not right." You worked hard for that money. How is this any different?

edit: And I apologize for getting bent out of shape or if I offended anybody, don't take it personal. Ya'll are still cool people, we just can't agree on everything. Worse things have happened lol.

Well said! I have 2 former employees that were drawing unemployment. one of them i turned into the fraud department. i just got the letter last week that they caught him,and are convicting him of fraud. thoes are the people that are killing the system. not the people that pay into it all summer and then draw from it in the off season.

Metcalf Racing
08-03-2010, 08:23 PM
But look at it this way... It's not my fault. Sometimes people like my mom had to work 2-3 jobs when I was a kid b/c of seasonal jobs, etc. There is work during those months, you just have to have different lines of work to fill in the gaps. Snow plowing, maybe work at the mall or something.

OR, if you bank on your main summer job, say, the concrete business... you save that money and spend it sparingly so that it will take you through the winter until the next work season. If you work in the summer and make good money, spend it all, and then get unemployment all winter... That's kinda looting the system. I mean, I don't get extra money during the winter lol. Why should you? Not trying to start shit, just saying people who work season should either save it up for the off season, or have a 2nd job that they take up on the off season. It's not fair to get something for nothing.
That's exactly why its in place. Construction workers and landscapers, roofers, and those you get temporarily laid off their jobs. You pay for it so if need be use it. If you don't then your a fool. That's wasting money. And its not looting the system when you call in and tell them your job is seasonal and you'll be returning to work in the spring. They also take your info and will try to help you find winter work in your field.

Metcalf Racing
08-03-2010, 08:27 PM

Ok well I pay it also and if your were to lose your job tomorrow and not able to quickly find a new one do you think I want you to lose your house? Nope sign up man I'm glad to help

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Unemployment compensation is not leeching from the system. That is your money you paid it in, if you do not collect it then the government will find a way to spend it. I collected mine for the entire 6 months when I got "laid off" and I do not feel one bit of remorse about it, I still had to cash in my entire 401k to show enough investment to convince the bank to give me a loan to start my business.
Alan

If you work a job, get laid off...sure, I can see you getting a few months compensation. You have a family to support, and you need time to interview and find a new job. That means you need to be out there actively putting in applications, following up with phone calls, etc. I'd say do a minimum of 20 applications a week. Be active. This isn't a vacation, or a time to just sit and look at the TV and be depressed. That isn't going to help your situation.

As far as it being a way of life for individuals...that's the problem! People rely on the system and work the system year after year after year! The system is flawed. It should be for people who lose their jobs (temporary support, not permanent), or for people who are handicapped, etc... Special cases should get help! It's not something that should be used year after year, like a tax return LOL. The fact that people abuse this system and leech everything they can, year after year...means there is less for people who really need it! That also means our taxes stay high!

Just b/c someone picked a field where there is only work a few months out of the year is not an excuse to get a 6 month vacation every year. If you chose a field like that, you should have plans for work during the other 6 months of the year. It's not fair that just b/c you chose that field, I pay for the roof over your head. God forbid I lose my job, my house, my car...but I'll be damned if I make someone else pay for me to survive (long term). If I got fired, I'd pull unemployment short-term while actively searching for a job. But I have yet to be unemployed in over 10 years. I may be lucky in that regard. But if I was to be unemployed suddenly, I'd feel that I deserve alittle support while I get back on my feet. I've put in my time, and paid my taxes, so it's only right I get alittle help. But if I got fired every 2 months into a job and draw unemployment for 6 months after each termination...well...that's a problem.

Metcalf Racing
08-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Well said! I have 2 former employees that were drawing unemployment. one of them i turned into the fraud department. i just got the letter last week that they caught him,and are convicting him of fraud. thoes are the people that are killing the system. not the people that pay into it all summer and then draw from it in the off season.

So your a narc? Good to know Tommy

Metcalf Racing
08-03-2010, 08:50 PM
If you work a job, get laid off...sure, I can see you getting a few months compensation. You have a family to support, and you need time to interview and find a new job. That means you need to be out there actively putting in applications, following up with phone calls, etc. I'd say do a minimum of 20 applications a week. Be active. This isn't a vacation, or a time to just sit and look at the TV and be depressed. That isn't going to help your situation.

As far as it being a way of life for individuals...that's the problem! People rely on the system and work the system year after year after year! The system is flawed. It should be for people who lose their jobs (temporary support, not permanent), or for people who are handicapped, etc... Special cases should get help! It's not something that should be used year after year, like a tax return LOL. The fact that people abuse this system and leech everything they can, year after year...means there is less for people who really need it! That also means our taxes stay high!
I said the extensions have gone to far. But when you get some years on you and some little Tony's running around you may look at it a little different

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 08:57 PM
You used construction workers as an example... Let's say you can only work 8 months out of the year... Do you know how much construction workers make? Last I heard it was anywhere from $40,000-$55,000 on average (could be wrong). That's not bad money at all. You're telling me they deserve to draw unemployment a few months of the year? No way. They should budget that money (just like everybody else in this country) they made so it lasts during the off months, OR get a 2nd job if they can't budget their money. They're not entitled to my money.

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 08:58 PM
I said the extensions have gone to far. But when you get some years on you and some little Tony's running around you may look at it a little different

You never know! lol. But at this point that's how I see things.

Metcalf Racing
08-03-2010, 09:04 PM
You used construction workers as an example... Let's say you can only work 8 months out of the year... Do you know how much construction workers make? Last I heard it was anywhere from $40,000-$55,000 on average (could be wrong). That's not bad money at all. You're telling me they deserve to draw unemployment a few months of the year? No way. They should budget that money (just like everybody else in this country) they made so it lasts during the off months, OR get a 2nd job if they can't budget their money. They're not entitled to my money.
The average construction worker makes 10-15k during a season. Your numbers are off of all year salary or union. Its not the same

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 09:08 PM
The average construction worker makes 10-15k during a season. Your numbers are off of all year salary or union. Its not the same

You're probably right on my numbers being off...but no way a construction worker only makes 10-15k LOL.

If you worked 40 hours per week...
And worked 32 weeks out of the year (8 months, is that normal?)
At a mere $15/hr that would be $19,200 before taxes.
I'm SURE construction workers make more than $15/hour.

Look below. National Salary Trend website. As I said...$51,000/year is the norm for a "construction worker"

http://www.indeed.com/salary/Construction-Worker.html

Obviously there will be variations...but that's the average.

In fact, the lowest paid individual on that list makes $21,000.

Metcalf Racing
08-03-2010, 09:11 PM
How much is $14hr 8 months? Now subtract taxes and add a family. That's a generous dollar amount most guys make 8-10. And some guys are scum and drunks and they make me sick but for the other hard working men in women that have to sweat in the sun and freeze in the cold I support 100%. Its easy to sit back in a cozy office chair soaking up the AC playing on a work computer and run your mouth about someone trying to just get by. (Not meaning you Tony) just in general.

Metcalf Racing
08-03-2010, 09:14 PM
You're probably right on my numbers being off...but no way a construction worker only makes 10-15k LOL.

If you worked 40 hours per week...
And worked 32 weeks out of the year (8 months, is that normal?)
At a mere $15/hr that would be $19,200 before taxes.
I'm SURE construction workers make more than $15/hour.

Look below. National Salary Trend website. As I said...$51,000/year is the norm for a "construction worker"

http://www.indeed.com/salary/Construction-Worker.html

Obviously there will be variations...but that's the average.

As I said I am a construction worker and I also know own my business and have employees so my numbers are correct. Unless you are talking skilled trade, union,salary,management

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 09:18 PM
As I said I am a construction worker and I also know own my business and have employees so my numbers are correct. Unless you are talking skilled trade, union,salary,management

I have no clue what the differences are between skilled trade/union/etc. I'm just pointing out that the national average isn't that low. Obviously with an average there will be a bell curve. Some people will make alot, others will make a little. But if they only make $10,000 working for 8 months....I'd strongly advise looking into a new line of work LOL. Because working 32 weeks/year @ 40 hours per week...that would equal $7.81...which is minimum wage...lol. Or, if that is the case, and they only make minimum wage...Obviously they won't be able to afford that 4 month vacation over the winter. They need to work a few months at fast food or something to make ends meet. What makes them better than anybody else? Say, a fast food worker? They make 16-17k/year. That's working the entire year, at minimum wage. Do they deserve unemployment on top of their McDonalds paychecks b/c they make so little per hour? No way. It's their choice to not play the game (work hard, go to school, etc) and try to make as much money as they can. If they are content making that much, I'm glad for them. But don't make me pay to support their bad spending habits. Just b/c they make less than me, doesn't mean I should pay for their flat screen TV or Cadillac Escalade.

Dirtyd0g
08-03-2010, 09:19 PM
I disagree. Many people have seasonal jobs and need unemployment through the winter months. They paid the money in, it isn't a hand out.
Alan

Metcalf Racing
08-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Sk starts at $17 and after 2k hrs you make 24.50. All workers. Mk starts the same depending on your skill up to $22. But those are large scale businesses. Regular construction starts 7-12hr topping out middle to upper $20s after many years of experience and foreman/supervisor

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 09:26 PM
I disagree. Many people have seasonal jobs and need unemployment through the winter months. They paid the money in, it isn't a hand out.
Alan

Well thank you for pointing that out, I am very unfamiliar with that line of work. Obviously if you pay in for something, you'd deserve to benefit from it. I guess I was referring to people who sit on unemployment forever, or draw from welfare and could just as easily go out and get a job like the rest of us. I didn't realize in construction, teaching, etc, that you paid into a fund. Now that I know that, I understand what you mean now. My apologies Metcalf if that's what you meant. I just didn't understand. Now if you don't pay into a system like that, you definitely shouldn't be entitled to pulling it out on the off season.

Metcalf Racing
08-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Its hard to get unemployment. Its not like Welfare. I'm with you on that. I say kick them baby poppin crack whores to the curb

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 09:43 PM
EXACTLY! A few years ago when I worked in downtown DYT...some chick in our department was talkin about how she was gonna use her tax return to get rims and a paint job on her New Yorker.... We're talking about $4,000+. Now is that right? She knows she had multiple children, she knows she collects welfare.. Shit's just not right.

Then you've got people who collect food stamps...something that is meant to benefit people in need...And they trade/sell them at a discount for money!! Then they support their smoking/drinking habit with their monthly $300 in food stamps. Hot damn I'd like to have HALF of that for groceries. I eat out very little so I can afford groceries lol. These moochers sell them for drug money! I'm paying for their crack!

Dirtyd0g
08-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Must be nice, when I get a tax return I have to spend it all on bills.
Alan

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Must be nice, when I get a tax return I have to spend it all on bills.
Alan

Yup lol. I'm like "yes, I can pay a credit card off!"

inferno50
08-03-2010, 09:56 PM
its not right but there sure are alot of people that do shit like that, and i bet everyone on here knows someone who does. i have a neighbor who is on unemployment, welfare and gets child support from his girlfriends ex boyfriendS. yes plural. he delivered pizza for a few months and that was it. now he draws unemployment and laughs about it. doesnt look for a job at all. has a nicer tv than i do and a nicer dd. recieved more on his tax return (8500)than he made last year and double what i got back. tell me how in the hell this is right.

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Makes ya sick doesn't it? Imagine all the things you could spend that $8500 on... That's about a full year of my tuition/books lol.. hell, that would buy you a nice notchback mustang!

Metcalf Racing
08-03-2010, 10:13 PM
He's probably not on welfare and unemployment

Dirtyd0g
08-03-2010, 10:16 PM
its not right but there sure are alot of people that do shit like that, and i bet everyone on here knows someone who does. i have a neighbor who is on unemployment, welfare and gets child support from his girlfriends ex boyfriendS. yes plural. he delivered pizza for a few months and that was it. now he draws unemployment and laughs about it. doesnt look for a job at all. has a nicer tv than i do and a nicer dd. recieved more on his tax return (8500)than he made last year and double what i got back. tell me how in the hell this is right.

3 words Earned Income Credit. I would not get a refund without it.
Alan

Mista Bone
08-03-2010, 11:22 PM
I WILL NOT ever do fast food again....but will do side jobs to get by. While unemployed I worked under the table for a few places. Built work stations for a print shop in Milford, did basic auto repair in Detroit, even did some odd jobs for temp services along with doing Honda transmissions.

My former employer is the one who really screwed me so I couldn't get real work for 2 years. Been self employed for 4 years now, along with my side transmission work growing. I never applied for food stamps or any other assistance when my 26 weeks ran out.

Humble, a hard pill to swallow.

Right now, living at home helping Mom I can be picky about what job I choose to take. I will not give up my courier route and finding someone to work around that isn't easy.

03z06vette
08-03-2010, 11:24 PM
So your a narc? Good to know Tommy

I cant afford to pay more unemployment. Someone that has a job shouldnt be getting unemployment. You dont agree with that?? Or do you 1099?

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 11:25 PM
I WILL NOT ever do fast food again....but will do side jobs to get by. While unemployed I worked under the table for a few places. Built work stations for a print shop in Milford, did basic auto repair in Detroit, even did some odd jobs for temp services along with doing Honda transmissions.

My former employer is the one who really screwed me so I couldn't get real work for 2 years. Been self employed for 4 years now, along with my side transmission work growing. I never applied for food stamps or any other assistance when my 26 weeks ran out.

Humble, a hard pill to swallow.

Right now, living at home helping Mom I can be picky about what job I choose to take. I will not give up my courier route and finding someone to work around that isn't easy.

You did what you had to do. That's what it's about. Hell, this summer I was like hmmm, I wanna buy heads for my car. But I don't wanna affect my budget, how can I do this? So I started out with a small garage painting job. Then I detailed a family member's car. Next thing you know, I'm working for two doctors I know mulching their entire properties, doing landscaping, detailing their cars, and picking up the occasional home painting/mudding work. I made more than enough to buy $3000-$4000 in parts/labor/tuning. That's just in 6-8 weeks of side work. Couple hours a day.

I had to quit b/c I'm starting school again this month, but I could do work like that most of the year. It's not hard, you just have to have work ethic. People will pay for good work. Once you make one person happy, they bring you 2-3 more people. That's just how it works.

Mista Bone
08-03-2010, 11:26 PM

Right, I couldn't do that, I was raised better than that. I have a 9 year old 27" TV in storage, no need to waste money on a plasma, IMHO. Wana give me crap about my lowly Honda's, at least I'm living within my means and not sucking on a government aid tit.

cobra429boss
08-03-2010, 11:28 PM
You all that are saying , "Hey thats my tax money and blah blah... Hell it doesn't matter you have no idea where your money goes that was took out of your check.. I strongly feel unemployment is a very smart and very good to have and fall back on.. I'm not saying I agree with the guys who milk the system . But i do know everyone who got their extension back this time around has to show proff that they have put in at least 2 app's before they payout..

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Right, I couldn't do that, I was raised better than that. I have a 9 year old 27" TV in storage, no need to waste money on a plasma, IMHO. Wana give me crap about my lowly Honda's, at least I'm living within my means and not sucking on a government aid tit.

You're the man. I don't care what anybody tells you. You're a hard working honest citizen. People should admire you for that. Screw everybody who thinks otherwise, you don't need to impress anybody but yourself.

cobra429boss
08-03-2010, 11:31 PM
You did what you had to do. That's what it's about. Hell, this summer I was like hmmm, I wanna buy heads for my car. But I don't wanna affect my budget, how can I do this? So I started out with a small garage painting job. Then I detailed a family member's car. Next thing you know, I'm working for two doctors I know mulching their entire properties, doing landscaping, detailing their cars, and picking up the occasional home painting/mudding work. I made more than enough to buy $3000-$4000 in parts/labor/tuning. That's just in 6-8 weeks of side work. Couple hours a day.

I had to quit b/c I'm starting school again this month, but I could do work like that most of the year. It's not hard, you just have to have work ethic. People will pay for good work. Once you make one person happy, they bring you 2-3 more people. That's just how it works.

Who can get that lucky and get side jobs like that.. I would love too

93mustang
08-03-2010, 11:33 PM

I with you on this one. I own my own "seasonal" business. I save my money and have four months off, dont collect unemployment, but see nothing wrong with people that do for that reason. On the other hand, the lazy, worthless, pieces of shit out there that like to collect and sleep in all day everyday and not look ofor a job is where the problem is. They get my money to sit around. GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND GET A JOB LIKE ALL THE OTHER HARD WORKING PEOPLE. I dont care for people that are on welfare either just because they like food stamps and like to do nothing.

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 11:34 PM
You all that are saying , "Hey thats my tax money and blah blah... Hell it doesn't matter you have no idea where your money goes that was took out of your check.. I strongly feel unemployment is a very smart and very good to have and fall back on.. I'm not saying I agree with the guys who milk the system . But i do know everyone who got their extension back this time around has to show proff that they have put in at least 2 app's before they payout..

Actually, I do know where some of the tax money goes.... To the leeches of society who live on the gov't money month after month. I said nothing about unemployment being bad....Just said people need to try harder to find work, and they shouldn't be carried for as long as it seems the gov't does it for. Hell, I have a step brother who DID NOT get a job b/c getting a job would pay less than his unemployment. How messed up is that? Some would say it's smart...I say it's dishonorable, selfish, and greedy. The system is flawed.

2 applications??? LOL. I could do that in an hour. That's not trying very hard.

cobra429boss
08-03-2010, 11:34 PM
I cant afford to pay more unemployment. Someone that has a job shouldnt be getting unemployment. You dont agree with that?? Or do you 1099?

I agree with that.. But i know a guy who gets unemployment and roofs making good money, but i dont think its right . I always believe karma will get you if you do something like that..

cobra429boss
08-03-2010, 11:36 PM
One day you might really need that so if he got caughlt thats a fed offense and well just a big mess, Wouldnt be able to get it when one day he might need it..

Mista Bone
08-03-2010, 11:37 PM
You did what you had to do. That's what it's about. Hell, this summer I was like hmmm, I wanna buy heads for my car. But I don't wanna affect my budget, how can I do this? So I started out with a small garage painting job. Then I detailed a family member's car. Next thing you know, I'm working for two doctors I know mulching their entire properties, doing landscaping, detailing their cars, and picking up the occasional home painting/mudding work. I made more than enough to buy $3000-$4000 in parts/labor/tuning. That's just in 8-10 weeks of side work. Couple hours a day.

My transmission work pays for my hobbies, the CRX and RC cars.

Yeah, I'm still living at home leaching off Mom, I know Metcalf will bring it up. I don't like it and was fixing to get my own place again. Mom wants me here to help with everything. I'd much rather have my own place, even if it was a cracker box on wheels.....nope staying put.

Then again, through smart stock investments of Mom's money, $20k is now about $110k, not bad I'd say. Check out what Priceline stock did today in afterhours trading, made $95 a share in seven weeks. Ford and 5/3rd stock did great when bought at their low point.

I'd love to find another courier route or two. Hopefully the new company I'm working for will expand their Chase Bank accounts to Ohio.

I've said this before, my job/money issues started three years before the economy went to shit. I survived, wasn't pretty at times, but I made it. EVen if it meant helping clean at a pizza buffet (CiCi's) when they close at night just to get the leftovers....but I did it.

03z06vette
08-03-2010, 11:38 PM
I agree with that.. But i know a guy who gets unemployment and roofs making good money, but i dont think its right . I always believe karma will get you if you do something like that..

I thing thats BS, karma will get him. I would never dream of doing that.

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 11:38 PM
One day you might really need that so if he got caughlt thats a fed offense and well just a big mess, Wouldnt be able to get it when one day he might need it..

Ya, we can only hope Karma catches up to him. But what about the other hundreds of thousands of people who do the same thing?? It's alot of money man, insane to think about.

cobra429boss
08-03-2010, 11:39 PM
[QOTE=Squale iii;587U867]

2 applications??? LOL. I could do that in an hour. That's not trying very hard.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too but thats a lot for some people, Guy i know has been on it for 2 years.. He lost his job because he failed a drug test and got fired.. so tell me how that works...

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 11:41 PM
And he's using the unemployment/welfare/gov't support to continue his habit. They should put those people on a boat and send them out of the country. That's really weak. Is there any other country who pays it's citizens to not do anything?

Mista Bone
08-03-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm all for if you get govt. aid you have to pee in a cup first.

You should see the folks at the plasma centers.....yes I tried that as well. My BP was too high to donate.

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 11:44 PM

LOL +1. However they should have to show substantial proof of applications being submitted, followed up on, and # of interviews obtained. Additionally, they should be cut off completely after X number of months. Quote me on this shit...If you're too good to work at McDonalds...You must be too good to eat.

03z06vette
08-03-2010, 11:45 PM
[QUOTE=Mista Bone;587877]I'm all for if you get govt. aid you have to pee in a cup first.

x10

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 11:47 PM

You should see the folks at the plasma centers.....yes I tried that as well. My BP was too high to donate.

So for real...why doesn't the gov't require piss testing as a req for receiving aid??? That's absurd that they wouldn't do that. Cut them off, Jesus Christ...am I heartless or something? I would NEVER support a nonworker's drug habit. Again, nothing against all the druggies out there....but damn pay for that shit on your own! LOL

cobra429boss
08-03-2010, 11:50 PM
because its there money they paid in , I guess Let them spend it on what they want, Yf they was working they would be doing the same thing

Mista Bone
08-03-2010, 11:53 PM
With the online system for unemployment, you don't even have to show you applied anywhere. Just log on every week or two and answer a few questions. I used the public library for that.

Honesty, I shouldn't have been so humble and gotten the free aid. Then again my parents grew up in the two poorest counties in Ohio, and they have a different ethic, you work for it.

How clean would the streets be if the welfare people were put to wok doing simple tasks such as basic trash cleaning? Or doing "volunteer" work instead of just sitting around?

You want humbling? Go work a soup line over Thanksgiving or Christmas.

03z06vette
08-03-2010, 11:55 PM
I think acouple of states have tried the drug test before giving aid...not sure of the outcome? Prob a bunch of people having DT's

Squale iii
08-03-2010, 11:56 PM
because its there money they paid in , I guess Let them spend it on what they want, Yf they was working they would be doing the same thing

We're talking about two different things.

You're referring to what we were discussing earlier about construction workers and how they pay in to receive funds on the off season. That topic was settled when I was educated about how things work in construction.

Now we're talking about welfare mooching, unemployment sucking, people who drive nicer cars than me.

cobra429boss
08-03-2010, 11:58 PM
ok now we are talking about faruding the systems.. welfar, SSI , unemployment.. Looks like i got a good topic going ..

Mista Bone
08-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Who here can count all their weeks they drew unemployment?????

1986 - 8 weeks
1987 - 6 weeks
2005 - 26 weeks

Now that I'm 1099-IC, no free ticket for me.

Squale iii
08-04-2010, 12:05 AM

1986 - 8 weeks
1987 - 6 weeks
2005 - 26 weeks

I don't know about the statistical average...but that's pretty damn good. 24 years, and only 40 weeks of unemployment! That's not bad at all.

Think about how many weeks if not YEARS the average moocher receives a check. Food stamps for example... I know multiple people who receive $300/month. In a year, that's $3600. In 10 years that's $36000. In some areas...THAT COULD BUY YOU A HOUSE. The gov't is giving away so much money it's rediculous.

cobra429boss
08-04-2010, 12:20 AM
What sucks about me is I am only 24 years old and Im losing my vision.. Eyes are getting bad , Sucks bad for real .. Really affects everything I do..

Squale iii
08-04-2010, 12:28 AM
What sucks about me is I am only 24 years old and Im losing my vision.. Eyes are getting bad , Sucks bad for real .. Really affects everything I do..

Same here, my vision gets worse every year, just started maybe 2 years ago too. I got glasses and it helped alot, but it's something I've learned to live with. I'm waiting a few years until they master corrective surgeries (wanna see the long term effects of what they're doing now). Then I'll probably get that laser treatment done or something.

Dirtyd0g
08-04-2010, 06:37 AM
I think acouple of states have tried the drug test before giving aid...not sure of the outcome? Prob a bunch of people having DT's

You guys are aware that in the state of ohio anyone getting any kind of decent pain control has to pee in a cup, unless they are over 65 or something. I have all kinds of back and neck problems and I have to pee in the cup for them....
Exactly how much should the world spend on urine screening? I think it is all a huge waste of time,resources and money.
Alan

Mista Bone
08-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Alan, the "freeloaders" would avoid the cup test and therefore not get any benefits...money saved. Even better those that try to avoid the cup of fail, nothing like a guy being told he passed the drug test but might wanna see his doctor....because he's pregnant )

Another point, those females on welfare should also be required to get birth control implants until they are off assistance.

Now about your lathe :)

Dirtyd0g
08-04-2010, 07:14 AM
My old lathe is great, (1921 kiria, world war one brute force converter splitter) The newer lathe (1995 Victor/tiawan) needs the bedway reground for boring, I already replaced all the shafts for feeds when I got it.
Alan

thecollector
08-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Maybe I missed something as far the seasonal worker goes can someone clear it up for me?

Based off of an 8 month work cycle 4 month unemployment cycle how much would said worker pay into and draw from this "fund."

My last pay stub shows I made $1,800 gross. $223 was collected in federal taxes which is the portion where I pay into the unemployment system (among other things).

My total federal witholdings given consistent pay periods would tally $7,104.00 total over an 8 month period.

If I was to draw unemployment for 4 months a year I would recieve 400/weekx16wks=$6,400.00.

These numbers don't make sense to me since I would be drawing almost as much as I pay let alone the other burdens that my federal taxes support.

Are witholdings for seasonal employees different? Is their a special fund set up aside from standard federal tax witholdings? When I was a seasonal employee of spring grove I was never permitted to draw or given the option of paying into a special fund.

Can anybody clarify it for me or is the "its your money you paid in" comment a bit of an overstatement???

cobra429boss
08-04-2010, 12:27 PM
You guys are aware that in the state of ohio anyone getting any kind of decent pain control has to pee in a cup, unless they are over 65 or something. I have all kinds of back and neck problems and I have to pee in the cup for them....
Exactly how much should the world spend on urine screening? I think it is all a huge waste of time,resources and money.
Alan

is that for every dr.. i was at my dr almost a year be4 he made me take a urine test and everyone was taking them , that was in march of this year, but i was at a Pain Clinic

03z06vette
08-04-2010, 12:29 PM
My old lathe is great, (1921 kiria, world war one brute force converter splitter) The newer lathe (1995 Victor/tiawan) needs the bedway reground for boring, I already replaced all the shafts for feeds when I got it.
Alan

????? now im confused ?????

Blackpony
08-04-2010, 12:48 PM
The company i work for only hires through temp agencys first, then hires if there's not a "Hiring Freeze". Funny thing about that is some of these contractors have been here for over 2 years as contractors and are constantly fed a bunch of bullshit. They say it's due to the economy, again i call bullshit. In my line of work there is no such thing as bad economy since in my line of work everyone has to eat. No matter how the market is doing

skeptiq
08-04-2010, 12:51 PM

1986 - 8 weeks
1987 - 6 weeks
2005 - 26 weeks

Started working in 1995 and have drawn unemployment ZERO times.

With all the extensions, it seems like me unemployment is starting to resemble social welfare. Unemployment is supposed to be temporary assistance to help financially until you can find another job. 99 weeks is ridiculous to give people to find another job. IMO, you sometimes you have to take a step down to eventually get back up to where you were. I have done this in the past, no one should be above doing what they have to do to survive.

Ben

Metcalf Racing
08-04-2010, 12:52 PM
You guys have this whole thing confused. You'll see if you ever get laid off even on a temporary basis. I'm out of it

draggin50
08-04-2010, 01:43 PM
I think most that are laid off are intitled to some sort of unemployment compensation. But on the other hand most are abusing it. When ABX and DHL split and they took back off to CVG airport, ABX laid off right around 8500 people. Now the aircraft mechanics were making right around $33.50/hr and when the new company took off under the same management they hired some back. Now making anywhere from $10-$13/hr less. and the top out is right around $23.00 an hr. Now alot of those people had the chance to come back and work but at less money, so they decided "what the hell, Im making more money on unemployment" so they decided to sit it out at home, some work side jobs for cash just to get off their ass a little bit, but still live a pretty lush life doing nothing. The aviation industry is shit right now and with airlines either going out of business, or others offering pay cuts just so you can keep your job, you need to make some sacrifices. Your not going to get laid off and go right back into it making the same money. Get over it and get off your ass! The economy is shit and we will never get over it if ya dont.

04 Venom
08-04-2010, 03:28 PM
But on the other hand most are abusing it.

I would change "most" to some.

cobra429boss
08-04-2010, 03:30 PM
I would say most from of what i see with my own eyes

bkstang95
08-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Holy shit there is sooo much fail in this thread! :lol:

Good points Tony! I can tell you went to Miami hahaha

04 Venom
08-04-2010, 04:08 PM
I would say most from of what i see with my own eyes

That's a pretty bold statement considering that millions of people are drawing unemployment benefits and you are basing your opinion on a statistically relevant sample? Sorry--"your eyes" doesn't cut it.

03z06vette
08-04-2010, 04:22 PM
You guys have this whole thing confused. You'll see if you ever get laid off even on a temporary basis. I'm out of it

laid off and no job are different. You are talking about a different situation. Dont get all upset!!

cobra429boss
08-04-2010, 04:23 PM
That's a pretty bold statement considering that millions of people are drawing unemployment benefits and you are basing your opinion on a statistically relevant sample? Sorry--"your eyes" doesn't cut it.

:flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

04 Venom
08-04-2010, 04:30 PM
:flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

That's what I thought. You were talking through your ass.

draggin50
08-04-2010, 04:31 PM
I would change "most" to some.

Well some then!!! Its not all of them by any means. That was just an example of what I have seen myself locally.

bkstang95
08-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Started working in 1995 and have drawn unemployment ZERO times.

With all the extensions, it seems like me unemployment is starting to resemble social welfare. Unemployment is supposed to be temporary assistance to help financially until you can find another job. 99 weeks is ridiculous to give people to find another job. IMO, you sometimes you have to take a step down to eventually get back up to where you were. I have done this in the past, no one should be above doing what they have to do to survive.

Ben

That is exactly what they are trying to do...Get EVERYONE dependent on the government and then use that as leverage come election time...

04 Venom
08-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Well some then!!! Its not all of them by any means. That was just an example of what I have seen myself locally.

A fair statement. Please help out cobra429boss.

cobra429boss
08-04-2010, 04:41 PM
I get what your saying..

foxbodyfan
08-04-2010, 05:30 PM
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

draggin50
08-04-2010, 05:36 PM
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

Thats what Im afraid of!!

04 Venom
08-04-2010, 05:54 PM

You think unemployment is "everthing you want"? Should we just cut them loose and say better luck next time?

skeptiq
08-04-2010, 06:01 PM
You think unemployment is "everthing you want"? Should we just cut them loose and say better luck next time?

No but it starts with one thing, then another, then another, and before you know it, everyone is dependant on some form of gov't. The constitution is very specific regarding what the gov't should do and what they should keep their nose out of, and we are flirting everyday with a gov't that keeps sticking its nose where it doesn't belong...

What incentive is the gov't giving anyone on unemployment to take some sort of job if they keep extending it? NONE. I realize some (read: most) people need this to get by, but the intended purpose is still short term. 99 weeks shouldn't be considered by any standard as "short term." We have all heard stories about people abusing the system, but the gov't at this point is enabling that abuse, and that makes me angry. Obama and his congress passed a bill that says any spending must be accounted for and they can't even follow their own rules! They want to extend it again, and when the Repubs ask where the money is coming from, it is the Repubs that get labled unpatriotic and want Americans to suffer in hard times. Our gov't can just keep spending into oblivion.

Ben

skeptiq
08-04-2010, 06:04 PM

What is the alternative to cutting loose??? Let them stay on unemployment for the rest of their lives? If people know they have a set amount of time and don't get a job in that length of time then yes, they should get cut off. If that means taking a lower paying job and making sacrifices, then so be it. Life isn't fair, bottom line.

Ben

SSgtHUTCH
08-04-2010, 06:13 PM
I love lazy people. They have this life thing figured out.

NaomiDstangLvr
08-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Get a job dude!!!

Some of us have a job, but still get unemployment...

Squale iii
08-04-2010, 08:22 PM

Isn't that illegal?

cobra429boss
08-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Isn't that illegal?

They took my uncle down to 20 hours aweek and he gets unemployment for the other 20 he is missing out on... so it just depends on the situation

NaomiDstangLvr
08-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Isn't that illegal?

No...Target has cut my hours so severally (5 hours a week)they take my average hours that I made last year and compare this year and I get a certain amount. If that makes sense....

NaomiDstangLvr
08-04-2010, 08:25 PM
They took my uncle down to 20 hours aweek and he gets unemployment for the other 20 he is missing out on... so it just depends on the situation
Exactly! I feel so betrayed by that company, I've been there nine years and feel like I'm just being crapped on...

Squale iii
08-04-2010, 08:26 PM
It does make sense. Is that permanent reimbursement? Or temporary?

Squale iii
08-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Exactly! I feel so betrayed by that company, I've been there nine years and feel like I'm just being crapped on...

That is pretty crappy. If they aren't going to get you back to the same level, you prolly need to look for a new job.

NaomiDstangLvr
08-04-2010, 08:27 PM
It does make sense. Is that permanent reimbursement? Or temporary?

I'm approved for a year at a certain amount of money..

cobra429boss
08-04-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm approved for a year at a certain amount of money..

Glad they are taking care of ya.. Unemployment is a bitch to get straightened out sometime..

03z06vette
08-04-2010, 08:29 PM

There are alternatives to what you are doing....

NaomiDstangLvr
08-04-2010, 08:30 PM
That is pretty crappy. If they aren't going to get you back to the same level, you prolly need to look for a new job.

It's just they work well with your schedule (if I would get my hours I want) their good when it comes to that. With having a 7 year old and 6 month old baby, it works out well. But yeah, I think I should maybe look around. I'm just so comfortable working there. But that store has gone to shit..

03z06vette
08-04-2010, 08:31 PM

x2!! Thats what Id do!!

NaomiDstangLvr
08-04-2010, 08:31 PM
There are alternatives to what you are doing....

I'm the problem?? What about the company that has lowered my hours so severely I cant pay my bills and take care of my kids?? Obvioulsy, you don't know what its like. I knew I shouldn't have posted in this, some people just don't understand...

cobra429boss
08-04-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm the problem?? What about the company that has lowered my hours so severely I cant pay my bills and take care of my kids?? Obvioulsy, you don't know what its like. I knew I shouldn't have posted in this, some people just don't understand...

I think he was thinking you was frauding the system .. Nothing wrong with what you are doing..

03z06vette
08-04-2010, 08:35 PM
I do understand. There are tons of things you can do to make money. even with young ones. You gotta do what you gotta do, i understand that. Gov funding is like leasing a car. its gona run out and your gona be in the same spot when it is gone.

Squale iii
08-04-2010, 08:37 PM
The way I see it...if you've been there 9 years, and they still cut your hours...they don't care. What's to stop them from cutting you down to PT or resource in another 6 months or a year? I'd be proactive and look for a new job (now, while you still have a job) before you find yourself in a world of financial trouble.

03z06vette
08-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Im out, dinner is ready!

87stangbbb
08-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Im out, dinner is ready!
lol thats funny

Metcalf Racing
08-04-2010, 08:42 PM
There are alternatives to what you are doing....that is the alternative. He may have a good job that he wants to keep. That is why its there. They paid me $518 a week. It varies in every case kids+income. If this system wasn't in place you'd see a lot more crime and people losing their homes and cars. I know there are bad guys out there but you guys are acting like this is abusing welfare but this is not welfare. You guys are no better than anyone else if your jealous that seasonal get government aid then get a seasonal job

Sloney50
08-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Can you believe I cant get my guys to work over 50 hours right now and wont work Sats.?! I say hey we got tons of work and we cant keep up so I need volunteers for Sat. and many sit on their hands! Can someone please post to my workers that their luckier than hell to have a job, and a job that is giving them UNLIMITED hours!? DAMN I NEED A BEER! :chug::chug:

cobra429boss
08-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Can you believe I cant get my guys to work over 50 hours right now and wont work Sats.?! I say hey we got tons of work and we cant keep up so I need volunteers for Sat. and many sit on their hands! Can someone please post to my workers that their luckier than hell to have a job, and a job that is giving them UNLIMITED hours!? DAMN I NEED A BEER! :chug::chug:

you need some guys in there like me who love overtime

Metcalf Racing
08-04-2010, 09:13 PM
That's pretty serious

Metcalf Racing
08-04-2010, 09:14 PM
you need some guys in there like me who love overtime
Hahahahahahhahaha. You get a job as a comedian? Lmao

cobra429boss
08-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Hahahahahahhahaha. You get a job as a comedian? Lmao

:lol: c;mon now man everyone likes overtime.. :bigthumb When i am employed some where that gives you those hours . I have never turned down overtime

03z06vette
08-04-2010, 09:54 PM
that is the alternative. He may have a good job that he wants to keep. That is why its there. They paid me $518 a week. It varies in every case kids+income. If this system wasn't in place you'd see a lot more crime and people losing their homes and cars. I know there are bad guys out there but you guys are acting like this is abusing welfare but this is not welfare. You guys are no better than anyone else if your jealous that seasonal get government aid then get a seasonal job

So your saying, if im having a slow week at work i should be able to recieve compensation. Based on an average week?????

03z06vette
08-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Like that will ever happen. Nothing personal, I think you should have 2 seasonal jobs. or save enough to take the winter off. Or take your business to florida in the winter. I have tons of Mexican customers that do that!

04 Venom
08-04-2010, 11:55 PM
What is the alternative to cutting loose??? Let them stay on unemployment for the rest of their lives? If people know they have a set amount of time and don't get a job in that length of time then yes, they should get cut off. If that means taking a lower paying job and making sacrifices, then so be it. Life isn't fair, bottom line.

Ben

In "normal times" 26 weeks of benefits is enough. These ain't normal times.

inferno50
08-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Sorry I said it wrong. He is on unemployment and his girlfriend is on welfare. And they get a discount on rent. Plus food stamps and two other means of child support from her ex boyfriends. Doesn't look for work and laughs about it. Talk about fucking the system
He's probably not on welfare and unemployment

Squale iii
08-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Annnnnnnd....he probably drives a nicer car than me while going to walmart with his food stamps, lol.

04 Venom
08-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Our gov't can just keep spending into oblivion.
Ben

Agreed.

However, people fail to realize that this has been going on over 30 years under Democratic and Republican administrations and under Democratic and Republican controlled Congresses. All of a sudden everyone is concerned about the deficit as if it is a new development.

As long as I am on my soapbox, not only do I blame both political parties equally, but the voter deserves a lot of the blame. Anytime a politician tries to address the problem, they risk getting voted out of office. You may not like it, but the long term solution REQUIRES spending cuts, particularly entitlement programs and medical services, AND tax increases. We waited far too long to cure the problem with either spending cuts or tax increases by themselves.

The problem is the Democrats won't seriously consider domestic spending cuts and the Republicans won't consider tax increases. So, the each political party panders to voters rather than leading the public to expect some painful measures to turn around 30+ years of fiscal irresponsibility. The American public is oblivious until a crisis occurs, so long as gas stays under $3.00 a gallon and their taxes decrease (federal taxes take the smallest percentage of average income since 1950 and nearly 50% of Americans pay no federal income taxes). We went on a binge for decades and it's time to pay the piper. Done correctly, it won't wreck the economy or kill jobs--just don't expect anyone to act until there is no other choice. Every year we wait, the price, and the pain, goes up.

inferno50
08-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Annnnnnnd....he probably drives a nicer car than me while going to walmart with his food stamps, lol.

I forgot to mention the dirt and mini bikes he just got also. it doesn't really affect me I'm just amazed people like this don't get caught abusing the system.

inferno50
08-05-2010, 12:36 AM
How can you Turn this around . People are lazy get over it.this is noones fault except the people who don't want to work
Agreed.

However, people fail to realize that this has been going on over 30 years under Democratic and Republican administrations and under Democratic and Republican controlled Congresses. All of a sudden everyone is concerned about the deficit as if it is a new development.

As long as I am on my soapbox, not only do I blame both political parties equally, but the voter deserves a lot of the blame. Anytime a politician tries to address the problem, they risk getting voted out of office. You may not like it, but the long term solution REQUIRES spending cuts, particularly entitlement programs and medical services, AND tax increases. We waited far too long to cure the problem with either spending cuts or tax increases by themselves.

The problem is the Democrats won't seriously consider domestic spending cuts and the Republicans won't consider tax increases. So, the each political party panders to voters rather than leading the public to expect some painful measures to turn around 30+ years of fiscal irresponsibility. The American public is oblivious until a crisis occurs, so long as gas stays under $3.00 a gallon and their taxes decrease (federal taxes take the smallest percentage of average income since 1950 and nearly 50% of Americans pay no federal income taxes). We went on a binge for decades and it's time to pay the piper. Done correctly, it won't wreck the economy or kill jobs--just don't expect anyone to act until there is no other choice. Every year we wait, the price, and the pain, goes up.

Metcalf Racing
08-05-2010, 01:07 AM
Like that will ever happen. Nothing personal, I think you should have 2 seasonal jobs. or save enough to take the winter off. Or take your business to florida in the winter. I have tons of Mexican customers that do that!when I was eligible to receive it I would have taken great offense to your ignorance but as a business owner myself who also works a full time night job at AK
I realize your lack of work experience in the real world leaves your simple mind with out certain degree of knowledge. I as you spent the majority of my life working for my father. My dad retired and I took over. You also took over your family business but unlike you I had to come off salary a few years back and get a second job. That's when reality hit. You can't draw unemployment because you now own your business so you may never know the relief of knowing you can receive such a benefit from the government to see that your kids can be fed and keep the same roof over their heads that they grew up with. I'm really surprised by your out look on this. I'm kind of let down really

Mista Bone
08-05-2010, 01:56 AM
Since no one has yet to mention who pays for unemployment, we all do as well as your employers unless you are 1099. A percentage of your pay is paid by your employers to the state fund. The percentage varies depending on number of layoffs and such. Sysco was mighty pissed when the state granted my benefits as there 10 year perfect record now had a blemish. This increased their percentage they had to pay.....and with 300 employees it was an increase of about $150,000 a year, or about $10 a week per employee.

Now self employed, I'm paid about $22 an hour, sounds like great pay, but it isn't.

15% self employment tax or $3.30 an hour
Car cost $5 an hour

Then the contract switch carrier company. My pay dropped $15 a week on the contract but now pay 2.5% OCC/ACC insurance, 1.5% motor carrier insurance, then $15 a week for them to process my settlement, about a 10% cut in pay overall.

16 ours of driving for about $175 now a week, thats if nothing goes wrong with the car.

Better than fast food!!!!!

BeavEx is the carrier I work for now, aka Beaver Express.......HAHAHAHA Bone is on the Beaver Express :)

9cobra4
08-05-2010, 02:02 AM
HAHAHAHA Bone is on the Beaver Express :)

Lol you wish..

Dirtyd0g
08-05-2010, 02:23 AM
I don't know about the statistical average...but that's pretty damn good. 24 years, and only 40 weeks of unemployment! That's not bad at all.

Think about how many weeks if not YEARS the average moocher receives a check. Food stamps for example... I know multiple people who receive $300/month. In a year, that's $3600. In 10 years that's $36000. In some areas...THAT COULD BUY YOU A HOUSE. The gov't is giving away so much money it's rediculous.

2005 24 weeks. I started working full time in 1995 with a minimum of 40 hours per week, at one time I worked 3 jobs averaging 75 hours per week. I do not feel that I have taken advantage of the system. I tried to find a job and all I could find were jobs over an hour drive away for $4-5 less an hour than I was making. That job would require a new car every 2 years to reliably make the commute. I started doing whatever jobs I could get just to survive. Brakes,etc...whatever. I guess I don't understand the complaint in this thread because unemployment is not a hand out. It is money you paid in. Everytime you get a paycheck and see the words Fica on it and realize they took a huge chunk of your pay, a portion of it covers the unemployment. Unless you got on disability if you have actually worked for more than 5 years you will never receive all of the money you paid in back. I wish I could draw the other year and a half of unemployment that people are getting now. I was given 26 weeks and the first 2 weeks you don't get paid for.....
guess I will have to wait for social security, by the time I am 108 I should be eligible for full benefits. Now I am going to go smoke another cigarette to save myself a few years of suffering while living under a bridge waiting for $800 a month is social security to come into effect.
Alan
Alan

Metcalf Racing
08-05-2010, 04:32 AM
Your wasting your time man. Theses guys are comparing unemployment to food stamps. I love ignorance. Lol

Mista Bone
08-05-2010, 04:49 AM
for once I have to agree with Metcalf.

Oh yeah, the fucking time is WAY wrong.....this post is at 3:30 AM

big cheif
08-05-2010, 05:12 AM
surprised this has not been sent to the whippin room:lol:

Dirtyd0g
08-05-2010, 06:00 AM
for once I have to agree with Metcalf.

Oh yeah, the fucking time is WAY wrong.....this post is at 3:30 AM

I can't afford to run the ac ( I do have it just cannot afford the extra $600 a month to run it) so I have to work at night this time of year. If it is 100 outside during the day it is 120 in here.
Alan

Metcalf Racing
08-05-2010, 06:40 AM
Lol I drive a remote controlled tank that sprays refractory into the furnaces that are around 1700 degrees empty and I stand less than 20ft away. But I really only work it because I think its fun. But my god its hot. I look like I took a bath with my clothes on. Lol

Mista Bone
08-05-2010, 07:03 AM
Alan, I did the late night work at a car repair shop in Detroit/Taylor MI. Was able to get more done because no dumbass window shopping customers to bother me.

Metcalf, FUCK THAT!!!!! I remember as a kid watching Armco (it will always be Armco to me!) from up on the hill of Todhunter Road where dad worked out of CG&E. You could see the glow of form lines up there. Not to mention the layer of red dust on the cars each night.

Metcalf Racing
08-05-2010, 07:09 AM
Yeah its I good thing I drive Robs camaro out here. Lol

plated
08-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Your wasting your time man. Theses guys are comparing unemployment to food stamps. I love ignorance. Lol

i remember drawing unemployment a couple yrs back,a buddy of mine was talking like i was on welfare and milking the system and how he would never resort to unemployment................ well he's been surviving off it for 4 months now....karma's a mutherfucker now aint it

Metcalf Racing
08-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Hey I say if your against it don't use it. Sit at home and eat your bologna and sit in front of your shut off tv while I take my kids to a movie and to steak and shake. :)

03z06vette
08-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Actually... I didnt take over anything. I have been given nothing. I opened with my name and my customers. My Dads shop was closed for 6 mo, Then I decided to open my own shop. I was without work for over a year. before i found a full time job. I worked at almost every shop in mason for 1-3 days, or as needed. It was all under the table cash. payed my bills and bought some food. Real world??? not sure what you mean. When i left my last job, to start my shop. I could have drawn unemployement for 1 yr?? That is BS. I said no tks. Some of you will say '' why didnt you take the money...its free" some of you will say "congrats for making it". I say it just a personal choice. Not saying Im better or worse than anyone. just explaining what im saying in the previous post.

This is getting way off track..... moral of the story cobra429boss you better stay on the guy about your money. or he will just buy beer or bologna with it...

cobra429boss
08-05-2010, 10:37 AM

This is getting way off track..... moral of the story cobra429boss you better stay on the guy about your money. or he will just buy beer or bologna with it...

LOL I had a talk with him about it.. Took everything i had not to cuss him.. told him man we have been friends for years you dont do your friends like that.. Well i got word from a good source that he got his unemployment last week so i confronted him, he told me he is back on unemployment that he will pay me tuesday when he gets his check.. I just hate someone to lie to ya, That pisses me off more than anything

skeptiq
08-05-2010, 10:45 AM
I really don't think people are "against" it. If I were in a situation where I needed it, I wouldn't think twice about it. Lucky for me, I have not been in that position. What I have issue with is the gov't just keeps extending it over and over. I realize we are living in a financially chaotic mess right now, but my point is, the gov't can't just keep extending it forever. If they do, then it becomes a type of welfare... Basically, at some point people are going to have to suck it up and take a lower paying job, be it walmart, taco bell, day laborer, whatever. The gov't simply can't sustain people on unemployment for 2+ years then keep extending it. If the gov't does keep adding extensions, it resembles socialistic behavior and not a temporary form of assistance. At some point, there must be an end point.

ben

04 Venom
08-05-2010, 10:55 AM
How can you Turn this around . People are lazy get over it.this is noones fault except the people who don't want to work

There are between 14 and 15 million unemployed now. They all are lazy and don't want jobs? I guess as long as you aren't affected, there is no problem, right?

03z06vette
08-05-2010, 11:14 AM
There are between 14 and 15 million unemployed now. They all are lazy and don't want jobs? I guess as long as you aren't affected, there is no problem, right?

They dont start out lazy. Even after taking a week off, I have trouble getting back in the swing of things.

If i was out of the game for 1 yr, id hurt my self the first day!

347StrokedGT
08-05-2010, 12:21 PM
The problem as I see it, Americans dont want to do meanial labor They feel its beneath them. Ive seen people over my lifetime that has miiked the system and it really pisses me off. My Ex had a workplace accident miked that for everything that she could now has been drawing unemployment for over a year. Now shes bitching that because BWC is making her go back to work. Whaaaaaa. She hasnt worked in over two years. Glad her new man is stuck with her

347StrokedGT
08-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Git rid of the Mexicans and maybe some Americans can go back to work

cobra429boss
08-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Git rid of the Mexicans and maybe some Americans can go back to work

yeah no shit.. what pisses me off , they come over into our country get a nice business going. get the tax break and as soon as the tax break is up they pass it on to someone else. they take all the money they make hear and send it home

bkstang95
08-05-2010, 12:52 PM
At least most of them are willing to work instead of getting addicted to taking a freebie and becoming too lazy to work!

03z06vette
08-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Mexican or not..you cant blame people for going to whare the money is. Its the boarder patrols fault. Not employers. They will work harder and cheeper..

facemelter71
08-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Mexican or not..you cant blame people for going to whare the money is. Its the boarder patrols fault. Not employers. They will work harder and cheeper..

Seriously,you dont think the employers are not at fault for hiring illegal's? Thats a bullshit statment if I have ever read one.

And on top of that,I personally would not shop there.

03z06vette
08-05-2010, 01:19 PM
I know of employers that have hired illegals unknowingly. by using false paper work. Thats what im saying. And for minimum wage!! not 12-14 per hr or ill stay home and draw unemployment for 3 more months, till i find the perfect job...

03z06vette
08-05-2010, 01:21 PM
yeah no shit.. what pisses me off , they come over into our country get a nice business going. get the tax break and as soon as the tax break is up they pass it on to someone else. they take all the money they make hear and send it home

Stop making is sound so easy to start your own business.... or start one!

Ranger50
08-05-2010, 01:23 PM
You want to really know why some people will continue collecting unemployment instead of taking the lower paying job? It is because you get deducted 1 dollar for every dollar you earn working when you are already only getting a percentage of your old pay.

There is a point where if you take that lower paying job for so many hours that when deducted off your UI check, you make less then what the UI check is/was. So why work?

Brian

03z06vette
08-05-2010, 01:25 PM
so why work???? to get a raise.... Thats what the eff im saying. your not gona get a starting sal of 15 bucks you gotta work your way up like everone elce!!!!

bkstang95
08-05-2010, 01:59 PM
There is a point where if you take that lower paying job for so many hours that when deducted off your UI check, you make less then what the UI check is/was. So why work?

Brian

It's that mentality that is fucking this country up!

cobra429boss
08-05-2010, 02:13 PM
i hear you all talking until you are in thier shoes... why go to work if your bringin home more on unemployemnt.. so your saying if your bills are what your bringin in your gonna stop payin them and go work for less money... yeah fuckin right , get real

03z06vette
08-05-2010, 02:17 PM
I have been in that position, its called side work.

bkstang95
08-05-2010, 02:18 PM
It's the system that is fucked up, i'll give you that. You should not be able to make more and not work...You can't blame the people who accept payment and do nothing for 99 weeks...

cobra429boss
08-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Most people cannot find a reg job , let alone sidework... You cant count on sidework to pay bills.. Just like overtime you cant count on that to pay your Bills..

03z06vette
08-05-2010, 02:20 PM
What is a real\reg job?

inferno50
08-05-2010, 02:31 PM
i do side work every weekend so dont give me that you cant make any extra money bullshit. if you work hard to gain a skill at somthing you can make money . with this being a car site dont tell me everyone on here couldnt do a good job and make money detailing cars and doing simple maint. work for other people. theres always landscaping . plowing. ect. anything to make a buck if you have bills to pay. its just how bad you want it. and if your on unemployment and reading this shouldnt you be on another site like jobs.com instead of wasting time, it is hard to find a job if your not trying. but hell making excuses only takes a portion of the time actually trying would.

03z06vette
08-05-2010, 02:38 PM
i do side work every weekend so dont give me that you cant make any extra money bullshit. if you work hard to gain a skill at somthing you can make money . with this being a car site dont tell me everyone on here couldnt do a good job and make money detailing cars and doing simple maint. work for other people. theres always landscaping . plowing. ect. anything to make a buck if you have bills to pay. its just how bad you want it. and if your on unemployment and reading this shouldnt you be on another site like jobs.com instead of wasting time, it is hard to find a job if your not trying. but hell making excuses only takes a portion of the time actually trying would.

well said..

Pitbull1052
08-05-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm curious if any of you have worked with any illegal's? I have doing roofing and I can tell you why employeers hire them... it's cause they work twice as hard bitch half as much and will do it for half the pay....... when I worked with them they carried twice as much as anyone else, when lunch time came everyone would get off the roof go some where to get lunch but not them, they stayed right on top of the roof ate their lunch there you name it, so I don't blame the employeers... The problem isnt the system it's American's..... and yes I am an American served my country proudly for 8 years... but it's true the American people who accept the money, don't go look for jobs, don't want to take a lessor job making less money or lessor status.... and just like someone mentioned why would you want to go work when you can stay home and make more.... well it's because it's the right thing to do that's why!

Dirtyd0g
08-05-2010, 03:00 PM
The problem as I see it, Americans dont want to do meanial labor They feel its beneath them.\

You must mean "some" americans. The newest generation . The generation that thinks work should be operating a video game controller in an air conditioned room surrounded by pop tarts and chocolate milk.
Alan

302FAST
08-05-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm curious if any of you have worked with any illegal's? I have doing roofing and I can tell you why employeers hire them... it's cause they work twice as hard bitch half as much and will do it for half the pay....... when I worked with them they carried twice as much as anyone else, when lunch time came everyone would get off the roof go some where to get lunch but not them, they stayed right on top of the roof ate their lunch there you name it, so I don't blame the employeers... The problem isnt the system it's American's..... and yes I am an American served my country proudly for 8 years... but it's true the American people who accept the money, don't go look for jobs, don't want to take a lessor job making less money or lessor status.... and just like someone mentioned why would you want to go work when you can stay home and make more.... well it's because it's the right thing to do that's why!

Nicely played sir, Nicely played!! But you forgot to mention all the Grand Fathers that are rolling around in there graves right now because of all the sorry asses that are letting all there hard work go to shit. It's sad that the American dream used to be work hard and raise a family. Now it's work just hard enough to stay employed and raise your family on handouts and when that doesnt work it's all the Governments fault right? Not that there even close to perfect but really!!!

cobra429boss
08-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Either way we look at it. It doesnt matter what we think.. The country is screwed anyway

Pitbull1052
08-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Nicely played sir, Nicely played!! But you forgot to mention all the Grand Fathers that are rolling around in there graves right now because of all the sorry asses that are letting all there hard work go to shit. It's sad that the American dream used to be work hard and raise a family. Now it's work just hard enough to stay employed and raise your family on handouts and when that doesnt work it's all the Governments fault right? Not that there even close to perfect but really!!!

thank you sir with the freakn Grabber Blue Stang!!!! lol I want my car that color badly!!!!!!!1

no doubt I'm sick of that part right there no one accepting responsibility for their own actions..... man the F up get off your ass and work and don't say you can find a job everyday on my way home I see 20 places that say now hiring........ so what it might be a convience store or might be at a parts store... and if you do take a hand out take it graciously and keep that shit to yourself don't go around bragging that oooo I get to sit home and make more money than if I went to work.....

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-05-2010, 04:58 PM
I got laid off from a $16 an hour job and i didn't feel one bit ashamed of taking unemployment. It was right when the job market crashed and NOBODY not even Walmart was hiring. I got 8 months out and the way i see it is i've paid into and will continue paying into it so fuck it that's my right.

For the record I DO FUCKING WORK AT WALMART and i absolutely HATE it but like mentioned before it's a paycheck isn't it? I took a $6 pay cut when i could be making MORE money on unemployment if i wanted to.

By the way i give out free broken noses to anyone who talks shit about people who work at Walmart :D

WELCOME TO WALMART HERE'S YOUR FREE BROKEN NOSE BITCH :rockon:

Oh and i will add this....imagine being the sole income, and getting laid off. Then you come to the realization that if you do man up and get a job, you'll be making LESS money. What do you do? Which is right for your family? Get a job and work 40 hours for less money or stay on unemployment for more money? :confused:

Pitbull1052
08-05-2010, 05:32 PM
I got laid off from a $16 an hour job and i didn't feel one bit ashamed of taking unemployment. It was right when the job market crashed and NOBODY not even Walmart was hiring. I got 8 months out and the way i see it is i've paid into and will continue paying into it so fuck it that's my right.

For the record I DO FUCKING WORK AT WALMART and i absolutely HATE it but like mentioned before it's a paycheck isn't it? I took a $6 pay cut when i could be making MORE money on unemployment if i wanted to.

By the way i give out free broken noses to anyone who talks shit about people who work at Walmart :D

Oh and i will add this....imagine being the sole income, and getting laid off. Then you come to the realization that if you do man up and get a job, you'll be making LESS money. What do you do? Which is right for your family? Get a job and work 40 hours for less money or stay on unemployment for more money? :confused:

you did the right thing D........ and I'll take my broken nose now :bigthumb because the people who work at the walmart in Amelia are the biggest idiots i've ever seen in my entire life......... I'm trying to talk our 16 year old into getting a job there because i'm sure with in about a week she'll be the store manager.....

Metcalf Racing
08-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Actually... I didnt take over anything. I have been given nothing. I opened with my name and my customers. My Dads shop was closed for 6 mo, Then I decided to open my own shop. I was without work for over a year. before i found a full time job. I worked at almost every shop in mason for 1-3 days, or as needed. It was all under the table cash. payed my bills and bought some food. Real world??? not sure what you mean. When i left my last job, to start my shop. I could have drawn unemployement for 1 yr?? That is BS. I said no tks. Some of you will say '' why didnt you take the money...its free" some of you will say "congrats for making it". I say it just a personal choice. Not saying Im better or worse than anyone. just explaining what im saying in the previous post.

Lmao!!so basically yor telling me that you'd rather that cash under the table illegally than go about it the proper way. Come on man

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-05-2010, 05:41 PM
you did the right thing D........ and I'll take my broken nose now :bigthumb because the people who work at the walmart in Amelia are the biggest idiots i've ever seen in my entire life......... I'm trying to talk our 16 year old into getting a job there because i'm sure with in about a week she'll be the store manager.....

Oh don't get me wrong i'm not saying they aren't 80% full of retards :lol:

I'm just saying, sometimes people have to take shit jobs...it's not cool to talk shit about anyone who's doing what they can to get by. I used to be in retail management making 35K when i was 23...now i'm making half that at 30. It'll hit your ego pretty fuckin hard but i take pride in knowing i'm on my own 2 feet. Things will get better too...this job has NO future for me, not even in management.

03z06vette
08-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Lmao!!so basically yor telling me that you'd rather that cash under the table illegally than go about it the proper way. Come on man

NO NO NO Im not paying into it. Im not gona use it.. I claimed that income at the end of the year.

Pitbull1052
08-05-2010, 06:02 PM

I'm just saying, sometimes people have to take shit jobs...it's not cool to talk shit about anyone who's doing what they can to get by. I used to be in retail management making 35K when i was 23...now i'm making half that at 30. It'll hit your ego pretty fuckin hard but i take pride in knowing i'm on my own 2 feet. Things will get better too...this job has NO future for me, not even in management.

oh i feel ya for sure bro, not that long ago I was like Beef selling cars making 60-80 a year..... but working 60-80 hours a week doesnt really cut it for me I enjoy my time off just as much as the money so here I sit making a lil more than half that doing a job I hate but I work my 40 and that's it....... i'm telling you transfer to Amelia you'll be the GM in a day or two.....

Metcalf Racing
08-05-2010, 06:14 PM
NO NO NO Im not paying into it. Im not gona use it.. I claimed that income at the end of the year.well if you worked under the table that is never to be known to the government but if you turned it in at the end of the year you could have got the guy helping you in trouble. That's not cool either. That's being a sub contractor and that is a 1099 and that's not under the table. Everyone does things under the table sometimes. If not no one would have any money

Mista Bone
08-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Pitbull, I've worked with illegal and legal latinos for over 10 years. They will mostly do the shit jobs for $10 an hour, Koch foods for example. That company knowingly hired illegals and was taking xx.xx dollars a week from them supposedly to help them get their legal paperwork....but Koch were just pocketing the money.

Squale iii
08-05-2010, 06:27 PM
It's the system that is fucked up, i'll give you that. You should not be able to make more and not work...You can't blame the people who accept payment and do nothing for 99 weeks...

Dude, I can't imagine what my life would be like with 99 weeks of pay for doing nothing... OMG. I could sit and home, play video games about 6 hours a day, go to school FT, and go on date night every night with my wife LOL. That's a 2 year vacation... fml.

Mista Bone
08-05-2010, 06:28 PM

I literally have a shit job, LOL!!!! Picking up Vet samples.....

347StrokedGT
08-05-2010, 06:34 PM
You must mean "some" americans. The newest generation . The generation that thinks work should be operating a video game controller in an air conditioned room surrounded by pop tarts and chocolate milk.
Alan

I mispoke. But there are people that wont work because they feel the job is beneth them, instead of looking at it as a chance to start fresh. The entire system is flawed

Metcalf Racing
08-05-2010, 06:37 PM

Ok let's talk serious for a min. If you could have drawn unemployment for a few months and made more money for your family than you make at walmart than why wouldn't you choose to get the more money so things could be a little easier on you and your family until you could find a better paying job

Squale iii
08-05-2010, 06:37 PM

Take the job making less money is the right thing to do. Just b/c at one point in your life you made X dollars, doesn't mean you'll always make that much.

I want to say this in the nicest way possible... It's common for people to fall on their face after losing a job. Want to know why? B/c they expanded their spending with their earnings. This is why most American's get screwed when they take a pay cut (or get fired). Do you know what discretionary income is? It's something you want a lot of every month. You may have to cut out your cable, you toy car (with ins. payments), taking your family out to restaurants...but you gotta do that when things get rough. If you get a pay raise, you shouldn't buy a new house. You should save up a piggy bank or "stash" as I like to call it. Then, pay your bills off and expenses. Now you can think about moving up. If you don't do those things in that order, when shit hits the fan, you're screwed...and it's nobody's fault but yours. You should have a few months of salary saved up and put away so that you don't think about it.

Squale iii
08-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Ok let's talk serious for a min. If you could have drawn unemployment for a few months and made more money for your family than you make at walmart than why wouldn't you choose to get the more money so things could be a little easier on you and your family until you could find a better paying job

YOu said it....for a few months. I agree with you on that. 99 weeks is a different story...

03z06vette
08-05-2010, 06:42 PM
well if you worked under the table that is never to be known to the government but if you turned it in at the end of the year you could have got the guy helping you in trouble. That's not cool either. That's being a sub contractor and that is a 1099 and that's not under the table. Everyone does things under the table sometimes. If not no one would have any money

Only if you claim more than $600 from each person. per qtr. I think.

Either way what im getting at is unemployment and welfare are being abused!! Thats it, if anyone here has the fix for it, write a letter to our wonderfull congressman!!!

Metcalf Racing
08-05-2010, 06:45 PM
I told you the whole time its to long. But you guys are acting like your a loser if you use it and that's not right. You keep saying "the right thing to do" did you claim taxes on your summer work. NO!!! How can you spit on one and not the other. I make money any way I can. I want my family to have the best life I can possible give them so where the most money is, is where I'm at

Squale iii
08-05-2010, 06:48 PM
I told you the whole time its to long. But you guys are acting like your a loser if you use it and that's not right. You keep saying "the right thing to do" did you claim taxes on your summer work. NO!!! How can you spit on one and not the other. I make money any way I can. I want my family to have the best life I can possible give them so where the most money is, is where I'm at

I'm not spitting on anybody. I'm saying you shouldn't get a 2 year vacation from work just b/c you lost your job LOL. And no I didn't report my money I made under the table this summer. I was slaving mulching and landscaping massive properties. Why would I pay 30% of it to the gov't?? So they can pay someone to sit on their ass?!!

Edit: What's a good, fair, length of time to be on unemployment? 3 months enough? I could find a job in a month or less, promise. Maybe not a good one, but a job nonetheless. I'd do taco bell if I had to. Then once you find a job, that's when you start looking for a better one. You don't just sit around milking it "for your family" b/c you're too good to pick up trash at king's island or run a drive-thru at McDonalds. It's not right. If everybody did that, can you imagine where our economy would be? Even worse if you can imagine it.

03z06vette
08-05-2010, 07:10 PM

Dude, no one is a looser for using unemployement. Only if its being abused!! This is gona get out of hand soon. I to make money any way possable. If there was no other alternative i would use it. I just feel that i could always use my trade to make enough money to support my family. Even if it was working at a walmart service center.

03z06vette
08-05-2010, 07:11 PM
I can taste the beer at Putters already!!!! Peace, have a good nite all.

Squale iii
08-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Additionally, if I lost my job and went into debt...I'd have nobody to blame but myself for spending what I have on my car. That money could have gone a long ways towards preventing financial crisis, etc. Why would I punish the rest of society for my poor financial decisions prior to losing my job?

bkstang95
08-05-2010, 07:18 PM
The problem with putting a time line on unemployment goes back to Americans generally being procrastinators...If it only lasted 16 weeks, guess how many weeks people would wait before they tried to find work....think real hard now...16!!! And that's exactly what people are doing with 99 weeks! I know they make you show "proof" that you have been applying to places but with the internet it's too easy to fool the system. Applying to jobs that you know you are majorly underqualified shouldn't count! Hell, if you live in Ohio and apply to a job in Dallas fucking Texas... shouldn't count either (yes, I've seen this done!) In conclusion...we are fucked! :lol:

Squale iii
08-05-2010, 07:25 PM
The problem with putting a time line on unemployment goes back to Americans generally being procrastinators...If it only lasted 16 weeks, guess how many weeks people would wait before they tried to find work....think real hard now...16!!! And that's exactly what people are doing with 99 weeks! I know they make you show "proof" that you have been applying to places but with the internet it's too easy to fool the system. Applying to jobs that you know you are majorly underqualified shouldn't count! Hell, if you live in Ohio and apply to a job in Dallas fucking Texas... shouldn't count either (yes, I've seen this done!) In conclusion...we are fucked! :lol:

I can see it now...

"Hello, I applied for your senior VP of operations position I saw listed on monster.com"

"My experience? Well I did work about 2 weeks at Jiffy lube until I decided to tell the manager to get bent. I wouldn't worry about that though, he deserved it."

"What's that? Underqualified? I'm ASE certified! Well that's fine, I'll continue taking your hard earned taxes and play WOW on my brand new alienware computer. Thanks!"

02mingryGT
08-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Agreed.

Made a lot of good points Venom. The only one I don't agree with is the tax increases needed. Cut enough of the BS, like studying how cow farts and shit affect the climate, and you wouldn't have to increase shit. First thing I'd cut is government jobs. Which by the way is the only job section that is increasing. Hmmmmmm..............

Nice point about how 50% no longer pay taxes. Not only are the Democrats trying that angle but they are also going after the illegal(if Obama has his way soon to be legal) vote.

Hey remember Venom when we used to debate this shit a couple of years ago and all the people that cried? Still crying now fuckers? My suggestion is you better start paying attention and be well armed and stocked up or your gonna be fucked.

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-05-2010, 07:43 PM

Take the job making less money is the right thing to do. Just b/c at one point in your life you made X dollars, doesn't mean you'll always make that much.

I want to say this in the nicest way possible... It's common for people to fall on their face after losing a job. Want to know why? B/c they expanded their spending with their earnings. This is why most American's get screwed when they take a pay cut (or get fired). Do you know what discretionary income is? It's something you want a lot of every month. You may have to cut out your cable, you toy car (with ins. payments), taking your family out to restaurants...but you gotta do that when things get rough. If you get a pay raise, you shouldn't buy a new house. You should save up a piggy bank or "stash" as I like to call it. Then, pay your bills off and expenses. Now you can think about moving up. If you don't do those things in that order, when shit hits the fan, you're screwed...and it's nobody's fault but yours. You should have a few months of salary saved up and put away so that you don't think about it.

That's essentially why i took the job. Plus i knew unemployment wouldn't last forever...say i rode it out till the end and then it ended...then what? Then i've got nothing at all. It was the smart thing to do to take a job i knew i would be good at since i had background in it, and knew it would be stable, even though i took a "pay cut" from unemployment in the process and took a job that i fucking loath doing. I didn't spend 8 months on my ass either...i was looking for and applying for jobs left and right but nobody was hiring. The job i was laid off from shut down the whole plant which let out about 200 highly skilled employees (more so than myself) out in the industry who promptly soaked up any job that i could've taken in the same field.

Squale iii
08-05-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm glad to hear that you've got work now (it sounds like you do).

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Yeah this was all about 2 years ago...i hate that i'm still stuck in this job but hey it's stable so i can't complain too much. I'm real skittish about taking another factory type job because i don't like the risk of getting laid off again and starting over so i dunno what i'm gonna do.

outlaw85
08-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Hey:
Were hiring CNC Machinist, Fabricators, and Welders if anyone has background in that shoot me a PM...

04 Venom
08-06-2010, 01:48 AM
Made a lot of good points Venom. The only one I don't agree with is the tax increases needed. Cut enough of the BS, like studying how cow farts and shit affect the climate, and you wouldn't have to increase shit. First thing I'd cut is government jobs. Which by the way is the only job section that is increasing. Hmmmmmm..............

You can cut ALL the discretionary spending (which includes defense spending) in the federal budget and you still wouldn't be able to balance the budget. You have to limit entitlements and enhance revenues. Examples of the latter might include applying the social security taxes to all earnings; it is presently 6.2% up to $106,800 per year--after that you pay no more social security taxes. If that were done, you could probably lower the percentage for everyone to 5%. Limit social security benefits depending on your income. Say full benefits up to $250,000 of retirement income for individuals and $300,000 for couples and reduce it until no one above $500,000 of annual retirement income gets SS-- Donald Trump doesn't need it.

With Medicare, stop paying per procedure as done presently, to reduce the incidence of bogus charges. Example: the Cleveland Clinic pays its doctors a salary rather than having their income based upon the number of patients they see or the treatments they order. Stop reimbursing procedures for the terminally ill unless it treats the illness that is causing the terminal condition. Example: don't pay for arterial stents when the cancer will kill someone before a clogged artery.

After the recession is over (not for a year or so), eliminate all the Bush tax cuts. They added $3-4 trillion dollars to the deficit from 2001-2010. During the next decade, they will account for 30-40% of the projected deficit. It makes no sense to have tax cuts that have to be paid for by selling Treasury bonds (and paying interest) to the Chinese and Japanese. If spending can be brought into line by cutting entitlements and other government spending, THEN reinstate the tax cuts. Tax cuts when you are running huge deficits is insanity, but the politicians pander endlessly to the voters on this issue.

If this was explained to the public, I'd think they would go along, but the Democrats and Republicans would rather pander to the voters to stay in power or take over power. Unless both parties agree on a common approach, nothing will happen. Don't worry, if nothing is done, within 10-15 years the deficit will cause such a massive crisis that the sleeping American voter (who shares responsibility with the politicians) will finally demand action. It will be much harder to address the problem then, as opposed to now. It would have been much easier 20 years ago. It really isn't hard to figure out and do the math, but it takes politicians who are willing to lead and voters who will pay attention and hold them accountable.

Mingry, do you think anyone is listening yet?

Mista Bone
08-06-2010, 04:15 AM
Sorry, but SS/FICA tax is 15.3% last time I checked. If you work for a company, they pay half, the other half you get deducted from your paycheck.

Now if you are self employed like I am, you get to pay the whole 15.3%.....

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/ProgData/taxRates.html

in 1984 Reagan put the screws to the self employed IMHO.

04 Venom
08-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Sorry, but SS/FICA tax is 15.3% last time I checked. If you work for a company, they pay half, the other half you get deducted from your paycheck.

Now if you are self employed like I am, you get to pay the whole 15.3%.....

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/ProgData/taxRates.html

in 1984 Reagan put the screws to the self employed IMHO.

I was speaking only in terms of OASDI money--not the health insurance portion--since the former is the fund that pays retirement and disability claims.