Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Thoughts on springs / C&C plates [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on springs / C&C plates

skeptiq
08-03-2010, 10:11 AM
What are you guys thoughts on springs and C&C plates??? I have heard a couple schools of thought. Some say if you lower it any, you should get C&C's. Others say you need them if you go lower than 1.5". I know an alignment is manditory after install, but just curious what you guys think...

Also, anyone with sn95 5.0, what did you use? Pics??? Still deciding on which set to go with.

Thanks,
Ben

Stangman
08-03-2010, 12:55 PM
My '94 USED to have cheap Ebay springs and monroe shocks/struts, and it was a FULL 2" drop, could only get 2 fingers between the fenders and tires! I hated the ride however. My buddy came across a deal on Eibach sportlines and Koni adjustable struts/shocks on a totalled car in the junkyard... I LOVE this setup for my car! I suppose you could also go with Strange 10-ways for more adjustment. I'm also running 17x10.5 Bullitts on the back too.. Had the quad shocks on as well too before I put control arms on it.

5.0calypso93lx
08-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Put the springs on, if it can't be aligned to spec because of lack of adjustment, you need C/C plates. Every car is different, there really isn't a general rule of thumb for what drop needs c/c plates and what drop doesn't. Coilovers require a good C/C plate, otherwise you run the risk of pulling the whole strut mount through the shock tower.

I'm a big fan of the H&R Sports.

Stangman
08-03-2010, 04:12 PM
I've got basic Steeda 3 bolt C/C plates, they do the job for what my car has done. I agree with James though.