Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Good car insurance companies? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Good car insurance companies?

dsmawd350
07-24-2010, 06:50 PM
On my explorer i just called up safe auto and got minimum liability and was done with it. I'm looking into calling around and getting some quotes on a muti car policy now for the t/a and explorer. bare minimum on the exploder and possibly something like an agreed value policy with the trans am, maybe with a weekend cruiser clause or something also limiting mileage per yr., and noting that it will only be driven during the warmer half of the yr. maybe get a break for just parking it all winter. aside from the obvious to call, state farm, allstate etc. Anyone have any experience with any smaller mom and pop places or anything who will work with custom policys for something like this?

Dirtyd0g
07-24-2010, 07:11 PM
I have used state farm and progressive, without problems from either one. Most small insurance agencies are just brokers for the larger ones, I found better prices going direct. My state farm agent actually told me to go to progressive and get a premium policy for a year and then they could beat the rate.
Alan

sean
07-24-2010, 07:25 PM
I have been with progressive forever. My rates are stupid low on my cars and bikes. They have lowered my payments twice and the fact that i can get ahold of them any day any time is great. I have added a car to my policy at 3 am on a sunday before. Had a fender bender one time on a sunday and they were at my job on monday and cut me a check and said if they needed to add money for the repair to let them know. It was more than enough and very friendly.

inferno50
07-24-2010, 08:19 PM
cincinnati insurance company is by far the best place we deal with. they cost a little more but they also dont figure for aftermarket parts and never skimp on the time to fix the car. I have seen them save a car that was a total to help the people out and total one that was close but not quite bad enough just because the people didnt want it anymore.

FireStang02
07-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Mom and pop places are a waste. I used an agent like that for years. He always claimed he gave me the best rates. Finally went out and did my own research, 30 minutes later I saved 900 bucks a year. I uses answer financial. They punch your info into the database and it searches like 200 companies. Most small agents use a few companies.

zlou363lx
07-27-2010, 08:56 AM
i also use progressive, and am very happy with them. i have minimum coverage on my SHO(liability only), and full coverage on both my lightning and my gsxr. i have a multi car discount, and multi coverage discount since i have added the bike. the lightning and gsxr are under "rec" vehicles. so i am limited to mileage, but i rarely drive the lightning or the bike here lately. during the winter months, normally mid november to mid march, i take liability off of the lightning and the bike to lower the rates. saved huge doing that with just the lightning last winter, and they even suggested that to me.

skeptiq
07-27-2010, 09:49 AM
I have been with State Farm for a long time. They have always been good. Every other year or so, I shop around, but can't ever find anyone that can undercut them. I am about to look around again, since it's been a couple years...

Thanks,
Ben

Goldenpony
07-27-2010, 11:55 AM
American National. Their Cash Back program rocks! :D

4EYED85GT
07-27-2010, 09:33 PM
USAA is awesome for military members and thier family members also. If you are currently in the military, a veteran, or family member of one, check them out at USAA.com . Their banking is awesome, also with crazy low interest rates and also pretty much free banking to include ATM transactions.

SMOKE
07-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Everybody will always say their company is the best. I have had Progressive and American Family. I'd say American Family is better but only because I have a local agent who is also a friend of mine. In my opinion, most of the time their prices are within a few bucks of each other (unless you us something cheap like Safe Auto or The General). You get what you pay for and if I ever need anything, my agent is always a quick phone call away without having to deal with any automated systems!

adragon72
07-28-2010, 11:05 AM
I use Cincinnati insurance. I have 3 mustangs and one Honda all togeter I pay 740 a year and have never gotten the run around on any claims.

thq
07-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Geico if you have great credit and a completely clean record... Progressive is what I'm on now, got two cars with full coverage (full stop) and my 79 stang with liability only is $49 every 6 mo, not bad IMO. That's not $49/6 for all 3 cars, obviously.

Geico would have been cheaper if I hadn't gotten a 25+ ticket and had a 4-year old accident :/

bestracing
07-28-2010, 12:39 PM
An older guy I know had Geico with 3 cars (one's a Z28) on his policy. He went out and bought a used C6 and they sent him a letter that they would not insure it. He has a good driving record and no accidents. Just seems weird. He now has e-surance and is actually paying less for 4 cars than what he paid Geico for 3 cars.