Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
What Oil Filter Relocation kits are you guys using/recomend? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What Oil Filter Relocation kits are you guys using/recomend?

5.0calypso93lx
07-21-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm doing some digging around on oil filter relocation kits and was wondering what you guys are using for those? It would be awesome if the adapter had some kind of oil feed incorporated into it.

Where do most of you have the filer relocated to?

mustangboy
07-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Just out of curiosity why are you relocating?

5.0calypso93lx
07-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Just out of curiosity why are you relocating?

Edit: Oops, I thought you said where :lol:

Would like to have more room for the headers and move it somewhere that is easier to reach (yes, that lazy). If I could incorporate an oil feed into the kit as well, that would be my main goal with the whole relocation.

latamud
07-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Moroso Universal Oil Cooler Sandwich Adapter, not sure what rt number.

say's it for late ford, not 4.6 though, will work on 5.0. I had to cut down my 4.6 oil filter plumbing and rethread it. The hoses that come with the kit are clampless, just press on the barb fittings and its good to go.
My K-member gets in the way of the filter.

http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/700/710/710-23682.jpg
http://hubgarage.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/1509010/Oil_filter_fitting_comparison_detail.JPG

egbertnr
07-22-2010, 01:05 PM
I will eventually relocate mine once I get back working on my car, as of right now I cant even run the FL1A. But I am in a different boat with the turbo setup.

5.0calypso93lx
07-22-2010, 01:20 PM
I will eventually relocate mine once I get back working on my car, as of right now I cant even run the FL1A. But I am in a different boat with the turbo setup.

What do you mean by that?

egbertnr
07-22-2010, 01:28 PM
my headers come forward right where the filter goes. I am running a smaller filter that barely fits but need to get the relocation kit so I can put the larger filter back on.

I need to change it so I can run the proper filter. Not just to make it easier to get to which is always a good thing too! But coming from the 4 cylinder world with my Focus the filter location on a 302 is wonderful compared to being on the back of the block between the block and the firewall on a focus...That sucked and oil was everywhere!

My Mazda inst too bad since its an element type right on the front of the engine. But Id still rather it be a normal one piece filter.

5.0calypso93lx
07-22-2010, 01:40 PM
my headers come forward right where the filter goes. I am running a smaller filter that barely fits but need to get the relocation kit so I can put the larger filter back on.

I need to change it so I can run the proper filter. Not just to make it easier to get to which is always a good thing too! But coming from the 4 cylinder world with my Focus the filter location on a 302 is wonderful compared to being on the back of the block between the block and the firewall on a focus...That sucked and oil was everywhere!

My Mazda inst too bad since its an element type right on the front of the engine. But Id still rather it be a normal one piece filter.

Ah I see, yes that's another issue I'm concerned with is that I haven't order my turbo headers either and am not sure how close they will run near that area. I'd also like to make more space for the downpipe on that side.

And funny you mention the focus, I'm putting a deposit on an 04' SVT now and if it's what it looks like in the pictures I'll be taking it home.

egbertnr
07-22-2010, 10:15 PM
I had a turboed 03 SVT focus, made 326fwhp....not too shabby, but I love the Mustang even more!

My turbo setup on my mustang is a little custom I guess, turbo and downpipe are on passenger side. One of these days I will get back to the Mustang, once I sell my old house and get my new garage(w/lift) built anyway!

5.0calypso93lx
07-23-2010, 09:56 AM
I had a turboed 03 SVT focus, made 326fwhp....not too shabby, but I love the Mustang even more!

My turbo setup on my mustang is a little custom I guess, turbo and downpipe are on passenger side. One of these days I will get back to the Mustang, once I sell my old house and get my new garage(w/lift) built anyway!

Most "off the shelf" turbo kits are passenger side kits.

egbertnr
07-23-2010, 01:43 PM
True however my intake is opposite of most 5.0s, at least the old ones...thats wierd my first reference to the "old" 5.0