Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
The 5.0 is gone :( [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The 5.0 is gone :(

beefcake
07-02-2010, 07:45 PM
but only for 2-3 weeks ,lol

I sent Stainless Works Performance Exhaust a proposal for sponsorship for the upcoming NMRA season.

That combined with the fact they needed a car anyway to finish some product development for the 5.0's anyway, they took me up on my offer!

Made the 4 1/2 hour drive to Chagrin Falls this morning with the wife.

Their facility is pretty cool. Everything is made out of true 304 stainless steel. Everything is American made, and made in house. Headers, flanges, mufflers, everything.

They have patterns for just about every performance vehicle from about 1930and on they said. They are starting to get into more of the late model stuff, like 70's and up. He said weren't too many older vehicles that came off the assembly lin e exactly the same.

They have a robot with a couple arms that does a lot of welding, can do up to 2 jobs at one time, or the same job. 8 physical workers. And other guys working laser cutters, etc..

They had one machine that does 3d scanning. You could bring in an old busted up looking piece of exhaust. It will scan it in 3d, and send it to the bender and can bend a brand new piece in minutes.

Very cool setup. Can't wait to get my car back with a little more rumble!

chris91
07-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Hell yeah! Congrats man! What kinda headers they making for it? Long tubes, shorties?

sean
07-02-2010, 08:01 PM
That 3d scanning thing would be a cool thing to have. I wonder if they could do my whole truck so I could see it without rust..lol

plated
07-02-2010, 08:21 PM
american made was all i need to hear :bigthumb lmk when you get it back

beefcake
07-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Hell yeah! Congrats man! What kinda headers they making for it? Long tubes, shorties?

lt's, off road and mufflers.

they've already prototyped the headers and some mufflers, but they want to do an offroad pipe and tweak some of the sound

heres a vid of their stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoF4kamVYiw&feature=player_embedded

chris91
07-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Damn, thats pretty loud. And being that the one in the video has high flow cats and yours will not means yours will be even louder!:evilgrin:

Any plans on headers in the future?

rmracing
07-02-2010, 10:11 PM
You should have brought it over and we could have given Stainless works some before and after Dyno test .

beefcake
07-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Damn, thats pretty loud. And being that the one in the video has high flow cats and yours will not means yours will be even louder!:evilgrin:

Any plans on headers in the future?

i'm gonna do the chambered mufflers I think. I am getting headers as well.

You should have brought it over and we could have given Stainless works some before and after Dyno test .

No time, I had to yank the car from plated before he could buff the hood out!

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Fix your sig pic Beef, you're slackin :D

04 Venom
07-03-2010, 09:29 AM
american made was all i need to hear :bigthumb

Exactly

mustangboy
07-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Now you are aware this means you would have to keep this car for like a whole year and a half

djom1cincy
07-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Now you are aware this means you would have to keep this car for like a whole year and a half

That's the fuuniest thing I've ever read on this site.

Foxxx5oh
07-03-2010, 02:55 PM
i like how they dont recommend that system for a DD unless you REALLY hate your neighbors...LOL

redfirepearlgt
07-04-2010, 08:01 AM
Fix your sig pic Beef, you're slackin :D

Go generic. Who's taking bets it is sold before the 12's come out? LOL!!!!

Dirtyd0g
07-04-2010, 01:18 PM

This I gotta see, he will probably sell it to them to get out of that.....
Alan

beefcake
07-04-2010, 03:40 PM
planning on trying to run the whole series next year. setting the car up for that.

i ordered this one the way i wanted my 10. i just couldn't find one late in the year how i wanted it.

88ssp
07-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Stainless Works isn't too far from me--good place. Terry, you should come back up this way on August 7th for the All Mustang Show at Summit Racing.

beefcake
07-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Stainless Works isn't too far from me--good place. Terry, you should come back up this way on August 7th for the All Mustang Show at Summit Racing.

hard to get away from work, especially if i'm gonna hit some nmra events, but ya never know