Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Looking for knife dealers [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for knife dealers

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Where the hell are all the knife dealers at around here (Beechmont-ish)? I know there has to be some little hole in the wall knife shops around somewhere but internet searches are useless anymore and the only place around that sold Spydercos was Bass Pro Shop and now they don't carry them (i believe Benchmade bought them out, because there's a huge feud going on between Benchmade and Spyderco). I'm specifically looking for Spyderco knives if anyone knows of a place that sells them.

Timido
06-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Ceciel knife works on monmoth st in newport /covington aera

inferno50
07-01-2010, 06:49 PM
try smokey mountain knife works. mail order or there used to be one at mamouth cave.

inferno50
07-01-2010, 06:51 PM
http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/prodlist.jsp?Mode=Brand&Brand=103

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-01-2010, 08:50 PM
I've seen their site and heard good things about that place but i'd like to find somewhere local so i can handle the knives before i buy.

Walter
07-02-2010, 10:34 AM
I've seen their site and heard good things about that place but i'd like to find somewhere local so i can handle the knives before i buy.

If you ever go to SMKW, you will be tired of looking at knives. The place is fucking huge.

FireStang02
07-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Cecil Clark in Newport has great prices and a huge selection.

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-02-2010, 01:42 PM
If you ever go to SMKW, you will be tired of looking at knives. The place is fucking huge.

If i'm ever in TN i'll be all over that place for sure.

Has the Bill Goodman gun and knife show been through here already this year?

EDIT: nope July 10-11 i'm there :D

facemelter71
07-02-2010, 02:12 PM
You wont find many Spyderco knives there at the sharonville gun show..I thought a little shop in the flea market on 63 had some last time I was there.

And come to think of it,My buddy works at the place that cuts the stainless they use for there blades.He said its not the best but not the worst metal,just kinda middle grade.

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-02-2010, 03:23 PM
They've gotta balance out the metal with effectiveness and cost ya know. I've got 2 of their knives, one in CPMS30V and one in VG-10 and they both sharpen to a razor edge and hold up pretty well. The S30V is a bit harder to sharpen but it holds up nice. I can't say anything bad about their VG-10...it sharpens relatively easy and holds an edge as long as anything else i've used. The hot thing now is H1 which is totally rust proof but edge retention is debatable. Some people say after you use it and sharpen it enough times it hardens up and holds a nice edge but at first they dull down easy.

I've been to the flea markets except Ceasar's Creek...might go there next weekend.