Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Fuel lines [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fuel lines

BlazinEagle
06-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Anyone know if you can get foxbody fuel lines from front to back from a store around here? KOI, Smyth, Autozone, Oreilley??? I do not want to bend them myself, I want plug and play. I know Latemodel has them but that is the only place I know for sure. This is a stock car so do not need anything special, just want it to run.
Thanks,
Rodney

BlazinEagle
06-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Here is another question....How hard is it to convert to stainless steel braided lines? What kind of connectors do you get to connect to a stock fuel system? Thanks for the info.

one90gt
06-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Im not sure how hard it is to connect braided to stock lines, but if your car doesnt need the added fuel it would probably be alot cheaper to stick with stock lines. I'm looking to go with a fuel cell and braided lines front to back and the price makes me want to cry...:lol:

BlazinEagle
06-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Late model wants over $100 a line for both lines I just figured that if I was going to spend over $250 for the stockers then why not. I may be stupid but why not get 2 lines that span front to back of the car then the fittings. Summit had aeroquip 15ft for around $119 and you can get the summit brand for even cheaper.
Is this even possible to run this line under the car?

Ranger50
06-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Try Inline Tube and Classic Tube if you are wanting a "factory" line.

Brian

Camaro86SHOCKER
06-24-2010, 03:09 AM
The cost in using stainless braided line isn't in the line, it's all the fittings and such that you will need. You will need a send and return and lots of fittings. It sounds easy and cheap at first but to do it right and make it look right, your talking a ton of money.
Stick with stock lines. Fuel line is incredily easy to bend and except where it goes up the back to the gas tank, there really aren't that many sharp bends.
I think you would find it surprisingly easy to buy some line and a bender and do it yourself quickly and easily, and best of all on the cheap.

Dirtyd0g
06-24-2010, 04:51 AM
I have the mastercool flaring tool that has the adapters to flare them in steel,aluminum or stainless.
Alan