Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Are Borla Stinger's Too Loud? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Are Borla Stinger's Too Loud?

balz
06-22-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm think of getting a Borla s-type axleback system for my 06 GT - Just wondering if anyone has these and whether they are real loud, say on the highway cruising around 75MPH. I do a lot of highway driving and I want to avoid mufflers that are going to drone real bad.

So far, my experience with Borla's is that they are fairly mellow until you get on it, then they get loud. That's what I'm after.

cobraman302
06-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Depends on the mid pipe/header combo you have. Do you have cats? Stock mid-pipe or an aftermarket x/h pipe? If stock manifolds and stock midpipe then you will be fine. If you have or plan to get an off road x/h pipe then I woud reconsider the Borlas.

balz
06-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Right now everything is stock. If I ever get to the point where I ditch the cats and go with headers, mid-pipe, etc I'll have something else to drive on the highway and it won't matter how loud it gets. Thanks for the opinion.

Markcore
06-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Here you go....

My old 2006 w/ BBK long tubes, BBK o/r X pipe, and Borla Stingers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT_axZ8CPlI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bq_KVqOyY4

Car was loud, but mostly due to the LT's and O/R x pipe.

firestang70
06-22-2010, 02:36 PM
I have the Stingers on mine. With stock mid pipe has a nice rumble, not too loud. Car has some drone around 1800 rpm on mine. I have a or h and its loud but has an amazing sound. I have seen add responators have 0 drone. Good luck.

cobraman302
06-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Here you go....

My old 2006 w/ BBK long tubes, BBK o/r X pipe, and Borla Stingers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT_axZ8CPlI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bq_KVqOyY4

Car was loud, but mostly due to the LT's and O/R x pipe.

AND maybe the cams?:lol: Sounds nasty. I am personally a big fan of Borlas. Friend of mine has some on his 04 Cobra with Long tubes and catted X and its badass!

ffmueller81
06-22-2010, 05:15 PM
my brother has only stingers on his 04 cobra and it is just as loud as my old setup of a catted X pipe with magnaflow mufflers... I think they sound just right... :)
oh, and I think the borlas have a nice deep tone to them as well...

although now I have the "Nascar loud" of a catted X with SLP loudmouth... It's a bit on the noisy side... hehehe :)

cobraman302
06-22-2010, 06:56 PM
my brother has only stingers on his 04 cobra and it is just as loud as my old setup of a catted X pipe with magnaflow mufflers... I think they sound just right... :)
oh, and I think the borlas have a nice deep tone to them as well...

although now I have the "Nascar loud" of a catted X with SLP loudmouth... It's a bit on the noisy side... hehehe :)

That is exactly what I have on my car, I will be making the switch to Borla I think this winter.

Evil_Capri
06-23-2010, 07:58 AM
I have the on my Mach with stock mid-pipe. Love them!

Galaxie
06-24-2010, 08:03 AM
I have a buddy who has a set with maybe 250 miles on them if you are looking for a pair I can ask what he wants for them . They were on his 07 Shelby he choose the Slp no muffler route instead .He is located in Troy Ohio .

balz
06-29-2010, 10:09 AM
I have a buddy who has a set with maybe 250 miles on them if you are looking for a pair I can ask what he wants for them . They were on his 07 Shelby he choose the Slp no muffler route instead .He is located in Troy Ohio .

I may be interested in those - Let me know if you can find anything out. Thanks

redfirepearlgt
06-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Go find someone with Borlas on their car with a similar config you have and go for a ride with them. Make sure that they have the same gear you have. Have them drive the car in fifth gear @ 1800-1900 RPM up hill (highway incline @ 55-60 mph with 3.55 gear). THat is where I have always found the true in car experience for drone to be at it's worst. Listeningto them on YOu-TUbe gives you an idea of the quality of sound but zero concept as to how they will sound under a load inside the car in real life. Would be nice if the exhaust people would add the DB rating to their systems compared to factory on the car and outside the car under load. Would save a lot of people a lot of cash on exhaust systems.

Roush GT
06-29-2010, 09:30 PM
I have Roush Off-Roads on mine I think they are similar and sound damn good.

but be warned they drone. go with the Roush exterme's if you want an awesome sounding drone free exhaust.. with the stock H pipe anyway

balz
06-30-2010, 08:06 AM
I'll have to check those out. Borla makes a more mellow toned set, but they are more expensive and I hate to spend money on exhaust if its not going to sound halfway nasty...Guess I want nasty and mellow at the same time...can't have it all huh. I had a 2003 T-bird and I put on a Borla cat-back system...It sounded great...not loud and no drone when you were cruising, but when you stomped it they roared...Thats knid what I am trying to get to.