Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Boss Inc Hoods [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Boss Inc Hoods

NC89GT
06-22-2010, 08:12 AM
Looking for a new hood. (I somehow forgot to re-install hoodpins before taking an afternoon cruise). I haven't seen many cars with a Boss Inc cobra hood 95 version. Just wondered what the fitment was like out of the box...

Also seeing how I am going to be doing some paint work I am going to look for some fenders from a 91-up gt to get a bigger wheel opening. so if anyone has any nice ones or had any like with reproductions suggestions would be appreciated...

Story:

I was cleaning the car up for a saturday afternoon cruise. Well I decided to wipe down the engine bay some.(not usually in my light duty detail regiment) while doing this I got sidetracked to do something else. When I came back to the car I was cleaning the wheels and never walked around the front again. So the fiance and I head out to a family get together and I head down a state highway and im taking off at a light and running through the gears. Well the cars in the fast lane were not going so fast so I get over in the right lane and take off...... well so does my hood about 60 ft. into the air almost hitting a van behind me. needless to say I was sick to my stomach.

5.0calypso93lx
06-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Boss INC makes one of the best aftermarket hoods IMO. I've had personal experiences with body work on both Cervini and Boss INC and seen lot's of other brands in person. They're local too, so you can save on shipping. Todd is great to work with.

facemelter71
06-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Todd does great work.Best hood I have ever bought.And he does them in a Black gelcoat just to make sure there are no imperfections in the work.

93 coupe
06-22-2010, 10:12 AM
+1 on Boss inc!

Also HO Fibertrends make nice hoods. :bigthumb

NC89GT
06-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the input. I believe that is the way I am going to go. I just gotta get through all the insurance stuff...

1986GT
06-22-2010, 08:32 PM
BOSS hoods are awesome! I bought one last year. The body shop loved it. Easy to prep and great fitment. As stated they are black gel coated. They make their molds from factory ford hoods so they fit the best. Todd def knows what he is doing. If you feel like waiting for the fall ford swap in columbus he offers great specials. I bought mine there cheaper and even got free shipping because my hood wasn't in full production yet. Otherwise you can take one home from the swap. If you call ahead he will bring one just for you and hold it.

NC89GT
06-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks... but Im looking to get my car back on the road ASAP.. I live outside Indianapolis IN.. The cost of fuel there and back would be about shipping anyway.. I am for sure going to get a Boss hood.. just gotta wait on the insurance.

leroy93lx
06-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Chris, I think we will just go pick it up. It's about a 2 hour drive. Won't have to wait for ship time then.

NC89GT
06-22-2010, 10:38 PM
glad you are volunteering to go get it.... haha

NXcoupe
06-22-2010, 11:19 PM
I too should chime in with how much I like Boss Hoods, I have been a dealer for their hoods for many years now. I have used a few of his 00cobra R hoods for fox's and for sn's. I have a customer with his 99 up mach style hood too and some with fox's with the same hood. I like his new cowl he is making, might try that on my next project. I also am a big fan of the HO fibertrends hoods, they make some great hoods for a good price and they are in Columbus.

Camaro86SHOCKER
06-23-2010, 02:25 AM
Never used a boss hood, so i cant say good or bad but out of the many hoods i have bought the H.O. Fibertrends is my favorite. The craftsmanship is amazing and their very reasonable.

Mustard
06-23-2010, 05:00 AM
Boss or HO both make a great product. I have a boss hood on my car now and love it