Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
TW/: 72 351w short block [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : TW/: 72 351w short block

SLWB16hatch
06-22-2010, 12:18 AM
fresh rebuild...scat rods, stock crank, new federal bearings, roller converted, +.040 keith black hypertechtic pistons, trick flow stage 2 cam, roll master billet double roller timing chain, new ford roller lifters and dog bones, high volume pump, newer front cover and pump, sfi balancer, all arp hardware, hps main and valley girdle, factory pickup, solid mounts and fox swap oil pan. this motor has zero miles after the rebuild. just got it back and decided to go a different direction. not sure what to ask for it, just kinda entertaining offers...

Metcalf Racing
06-22-2010, 12:25 AM
Are you just afraid to have a car that runs or what? So you have a car, motor, and trans but????????? You make know sense

SLWB16hatch
06-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Lol I have a car that runs and drives...its just a 4cyl car and it needs an alignment cause I paid like 200 for it...lol. But I didn't have any intention of putting this in my coupe...

NXcoupe
06-22-2010, 09:22 AM
I have a question, you say it has been roller converted, what does that mean? It either needs retro fit roller lifters which it doesn't have because it has new ford ones, or it needs a retro camshaft, which it doesn't have because you said it has a TFS stage 2? Is there some other way to do it that I don't know about?

5.0calypso93lx
06-22-2010, 09:53 AM
I have a question, you say it has been roller converted, what does that mean? It either needs retro fit roller lifters which it doesn't have because it has new ford ones, or it needs a retro camshaft, which it doesn't have because you said it has a TFS stage 2? Is there some other way to do it that I don't know about?

The block itself can be drilled and tapped to accept the factory roller block spider.

NXcoupe
06-22-2010, 10:45 AM
You are correct, but then the lifter bores are too shallow and the lifters will pop out and spray oil everywhere, each time they come up on the top of the lobe. Either you put stock lifters in with a retro roller or you put retro lifters in with a 302 style roller. But you can't do it like that that I know of, which is why I asked.

Metcalf Racing
06-22-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm pretty sure this motor was done by a very reputable eng builder

NXcoupe
06-22-2010, 12:33 PM
I have no doubt, but I am still asking a question and would like to know the answer.

Metcalf Racing
06-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Oh I don't know the answer. Just that the builder is very good and would know what it needed. But I'm not real sure if he had it built or bought it. So your question is a good one

knockemstiff
06-22-2010, 05:18 PM
how much?

NXcoupe
06-23-2010, 03:42 AM
Oh I don't know the answer. Just that the builder is very good and would know what it needed. But I'm not real sure if he had it built or bought it. So your question is a good one

Thanks, I think so too. but at any rate, this is still a grea deal, because you can either pull out the stage 2 and put in a small base circle camshaft and use the new FRPP lifters, OR, you can leave the stage 2 in there and get some crane retro rollers to go in and sell the spyder kit and the new FRPP lifters, either way is a win.
I want to stop down next time I'm home and see the batcave street racers hideout, aka your garage, lol. Wanna see this bb car if you still have it by then.

Metcalf Racing
06-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Lol its my cousins garage. My motor is out right now but ill still have it. Its not going anywhere

NXcoupe
06-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Man, you always say that, but then I turn around and you've got something else you're telling folks will put them on the trailer. Alright then, I'll be by in about 5 months, just giveing you some time to tidy up before I get there, lol.

Metcalf Racing
06-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Ok. This car is different. I've got way to much in it to ever sell it. So I'm just going to make it the fastest thing I've ever sat in. Ill have my motor done in the begining of August so it should be ready when you get back

SLWB16hatch
06-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Sorry its not a trick flow stage 2, its just the same specs...but it used new frpp lifters, and a cam for the setup. But yes it was tapped for the stock spider. But I actually decided to throw another plastic bag over it and hold onto it...I don't need the cash, and you just never know when you might wanna drop a good windsor in something ;) lol. Its actually about to get aluminum heads, an intake, carb, and distributor so its ready to drop in something. Lol

NXcoupe
06-27-2010, 02:33 AM
I think that's a great choice, especially with the way the economy is right now. Good luck with it!

SLWB16hatch
06-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Yea no joke...I was just wanting to unload it and buy the rear end, tranny, and alumastars for my coupe...guess its coming out of pocket. Lol

Metcalf Racing
06-28-2010, 05:09 PM
I could see selling my eng to buy a rearend