Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
looked at 5.0 motor for sale and need some input [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : looked at 5.0 motor for sale and need some input

93whitenotch
06-19-2010, 04:03 PM
So I went and looked at a motor for my stang and here's my conclusion. The motor had oil all over like it was leakin before it was pulled. Looked like it was leakin from the valve covers and from below. Motor has 136,000 miles and he's askin 300 for it. Please let me know your thoughts and if there's any concerns

draggin50
06-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Ive seen lower mileage motors go for about the same price. I just sold my fresh 302 with about 3000 miles e cam and ported stock heads for 600. I think there are better deals out there...

Camaro86SHOCKER
06-29-2010, 05:55 AM
Its hard to say jsut from looks, what really matters is wear on the inside. Rings, bearings, cylinder walls, pistons, cam lobes...etc. If your buying a motor thats out of a car that you know nothing about other than some strangers word then it's always smart to at least just get a full gasket set and tear it down to a complete shortblock (pistons, rods, crank left in) and check everything and then re-gasket it if everything is good to seal everything up. 130k for a 5.0 isn't really that bad especially if its a roller motor (roller camshaft and lifters).