Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
broke the frame [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : broke the frame

inferno50
06-18-2010, 11:55 PM
just as it says. looks like i waited just a few miles to long to put the new rails in my 88 gt. the frame rust was bad enough that last night the clips where the k member bolts in pulled through the rails on the drivers side. the car is going to the garage saturday to pull the motor and the whole front end off of it. the funny thing is that is the only rust on the entire car. at least i picked up some really nice used ones off of draggin 50 on here, thanks again man now they will be going to good use. but shit happens and i will get it fixed . ill post up a projects in progress thread WITH PICS to show how it is going. time to order that new k member right now. what brand is recomended? i have heard to stay away from qa1.

k062693w
06-19-2010, 12:21 AM
If you don't run skinnies then don't use the QA1 ... It will move the wheels forward about an inch !!!
If you are running skinnies then you can save a bunch of $$$ with a QA1 setup !!!

draggin50
06-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Hey man sorry to hear that. Atleast you got a nice set to swap into it. Keep me updated on how well it goes for future reference. If ya was closer I d swing by and help out!

ibstrokin
06-19-2010, 01:05 AM
I have QA1, I hate it. Even w/skinnies they rub on tight turns. I think in 90/91 the wheel arches are a little wider, and those cars don't have trouble. Post pics of the damage, I'm curious.

Kwik92GT
06-19-2010, 01:15 AM
Another NO for QA1. I can't even begin to tell you all the modifications I've done to mine just to get it half-right. :rolleyes:

I know a lot of people who run the UPR k-member seem to like them. I like Racecraft personally. Do a search and see the good and bad of each and go from there. Just be sure to stay away from QA1.

draggin50
06-19-2010, 12:29 PM
I got the QA1 in mine and was there when I bought it or I wouldve went with the UPR or a PA k member.

bbfstanger
06-19-2010, 01:02 PM
ive got a teamZ on mine very nice quality.
aje or pa would be my second choice
im sure racraft is nice too.

Stangman
06-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Damn man... That sucks... my buddy's '90 coupe is about that bad... both of his rails are broke RIGHT in front of the strut towers... and the spot where the K bolts on is about just as bad!

What happened after it broke? Did it break while driving? Hope everything else is ok

You should have fun doing that job... I've done frame replacement on 3 stangs so far... last one was an ENTIRE front clip from the firewall forward

draggin50
06-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Looks like if you need any help Jesse is the man to see!!! Sorry had to do it!

bobtsgt
06-19-2010, 03:34 PM
screw QA1. UPR is nice for the cash

BlazinEagle
06-19-2010, 04:00 PM
I have a PA racing and it is a nice piece.

Walter
06-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Pa racing here.

inferno50
06-20-2010, 05:29 PM
so i got the entire front end off. hood fenders bumper and reinforcment. the motor and trans are ready to come out together i will have them out in about an hour tonight, once the heat goes down a bit. ill take pics tonight and post em up. and jesse the frame broke at the same spot his did right in front of the shock towers and where the k member bolts in. when i stick a pry bar in i can ppry the k member and the frame apart from each other.
not good.

Stangman
06-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Niiiiice... yeah my buddy's car hasnt had the K member pull off yet... but its CLOSE.. and he STILL wants to go drag racing this friday :eek: