Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Food Poisoning!!!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Food Poisoning!!!!!

Stangman
06-14-2010, 07:35 AM
SUCKS!!!!

My weekend was pretty much flushed down the drain!! Literally and figuratively!!!

So, Friday for lunch I have a subway flatbread for lunch, because lets face it, I'm addicted to that place...

And I've never had a SINGLE issue with ANY of the food there, and I've been eating there for, jeeze... like 4 years? idk

Anyway, so friday evening I start to get some heartburn, eehhh nothing major, just drank some water thinking it will go away.

NOPE!

Woke up 7am and the floodgates opened!! Made for a weekend of pure hell.

My guess is Salmonella (SP?) oh, and FYI, it came from the Subway off of Pfiefer Rd. here in Blue Ash right off 71.

I'm not all up on how chicken can get that bacteria, but however it got it... I'm sure I'm not the only one who had it this weekend, as that place is SLAMMED during the lunch time hour.

I'm half tempted to call the corporate office (or somebody) and let them know of my bad experience with my favorite sandwich. I've been kinda lucky and never had food poisoning before, but damn i dont want it again!

Makes me think twice about fast food now.

Hope everyone's weekend went better than mine!!!!

cstreu1026
06-14-2010, 07:56 AM
Been there and done that... more than once. The first time was at a Long John Silvers somewhere in West Virginia on the way down to Snowshoe and the second time was at Moonlight BBQ in Owensboro. To add insult to injurty I got a ticket on the way to Moonlight on a road I wouldn't normally travel on my way home from my inlaws.

Walter
06-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Got poisoned from Penn Station in Newport. Cheese steak tasted like a tuna fish sandwitch lol.

Johnson1134
06-14-2010, 09:30 AM
this is getting to be a more common thing.these restaurants arent as sanitary and thorough on cooking the food as they used to be.i got it from skyline in bethel ohio..it sucks.lol.

draggin50
06-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Damn I used to eat at the same Subway everyday when I worked there in Blue Ash. It was always better than the one on Cornell.

facemelter71
06-14-2010, 11:57 AM
I have had some pretty nasty food poisoning before.

Taco bell Hamilton ave and Waycross.
Penn Station at 747 and Beckett.Most severe case
Wendy's Colerain Ave by 275.

12seclx
06-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Sorry to hear that Jesse...

I've had it twice....

1st time was at Chili's and the second I'm not sure about...

It sucks though... and I remember at the time being ok with dying just so I wouldn't feel anything...

I think alot of the kids that work in these fast food joints don't clean or wash their hands like they should... Just plain ass lazy... Probably what happened is the chicken was out of date or got too warm or wasn't cooled properly....

I'd rather be sucker punched 10 times in the gut than have food poisoning though... :lol:

IWRBB
06-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Cook yer own food!

Stangman
06-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Sorry to hear that Jesse...

I've had it twice....

1st time was at Chili's and the second I'm not sure about...

It sucks though... and I remember at the time being ok with dying just so I wouldn't feel anything...

I think alot of the kids that work in these fast food joints don't clean or wash their hands like they should... Just plain ass lazy... Probably what happened is the chicken was out of date or got too warm or wasn't cooled properly....

I'd rather be sucker punched 10 times in the gut than have food poisoning though... :lol:

I agree with everything you just said! :lol:

I remember back when I had the swine flu thinkin "mannn, dead would be soooo much better right now"

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Chicken is as bad if not worse than pork for giving you the green apple splatters. It absolutely has to be cooked completely through AND it must reach a core temperature even if it looks to be cooked completely through. I've got the same thing from Wendys chicken sandwiches in the past. I even got a spicy chicken once that was almost raw in the middle. At home my favorite thing to grill is pork steaks but every now and then i'll take one off the grill too soon and the next day i find out the hard way. I even use a thermometer to cook with but sometimes *shit* happens.

Oh and i'm not sure if you actually get some kind of bacterial poisoning from it being uncooked or if your stomach just doesn't like it that way. I never really feel sick if i don't cook a pork steak all the way through..i just get it out the other end really bad but it always passes within a day.

Stangman
06-14-2010, 01:06 PM
All I know is, Whoever the house designer was to first put the tub next to the toilet... I'd like to shake his hand!!! :lol:

chris91
06-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Man I feel your pain. I got food poisoning from the Batavia Gramma's Chicken Wings back in like 01. I was pukin for a week and a half, no lie. Felt like I was going to die.

2Kblacksleeper
06-14-2010, 02:59 PM
I've had food poisioning a few times as well. It is very true all you want to do. Is die.
1st time from Shoneys in Lexington.
2nd Penn station in Eastgate.
3rd Smokey bones on Beechmont. The worst so far.
2 other time from someone elses home.

Bones was like 6 months ago. I have not been back since.

Mista Bone
06-14-2010, 03:55 PM
I would report the possible case to board of health and Subway Corporate.

My future daughter in law bit into a sub from Subway and bit into a knife!!!! She wasn't harmed but when you told the manager, he LAUGHED at her. My son being cool headed called corporate, forwarded then pics from his cell phone of the knife, you could see the bread baked around it. Subway sent a check of $5000 and a keep quiet letter.

The Subway that used to be on Kemper Road near Route 4 I got major shits from.

Most likely it was NOT the chicken, more likely the veggies.

Pitbull1052
06-14-2010, 04:03 PM
I got it from Rong Tangs on beechmont ooooo it was bad was like that for about three days..... then I found out they don't really "clean" their shimp said something to them about it and they were just like that's the way we serve them....... won't ever go back not even if it's free

Dirtyd0g
06-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Frisch's got me once and I haven't been able to eat it since.
Alan

glassman
06-15-2010, 03:19 AM
Taco bell got me once for like a week + & I couldn't eat there for like 5/6 years... just thinking of it did me in everytime.:barf:

Camaro86SHOCKER
06-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Applebees in Eastgate was my worst case of food poisoning.

Kevin1989
06-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Red Robin in mason... damn bacon cheese burger 5 years ago and i wont even touch another burger since. except whiteys i can eat that shit all day!

i had it for almost a week of just living in the bathroom:mad: sucks

93lincolnmk8
06-16-2010, 12:52 AM
this is getting to be a more common thing.these restaurants arent as sanitary and thorough on cooking the food as they used to be.i got it from skyline in bethel ohio..it sucks.lol.

How long ago was this? Im in there all the time.