Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Looking for old BMX/Freestyle bikes [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for old BMX/Freestyle bikes

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-10-2010, 04:32 PM
I know there's some old school riders on here...i'm looking for a late '80s or early to mid '90s frame and fork or maybe even entire bike. I'd like to find a GT Performer, or really a Dyno Slammer, or maybe any other kind of bike from that era depending on what it is. PM me and let me know what you've got. I'm not against anything newer either, just depends on the price.

WCKDGT
06-10-2010, 05:13 PM
damn dude i just sold my gt performer a year or so ago for 20 bucks! it was a complete bike. i think i still have the bash guard laying around somewhere

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-10-2010, 05:33 PM
DAMNIT lol. That figures. I would just about give anything for a complete Slammer...that was my dream bike back in the day...either that or a GT Pro Freestyle Tour. I grew up on those kind of frames. I'm riding a '00 Haro Dave Mirra Signature Edition right now and it's a great bike. I also have a '01 S&M Dirtbike Next Generation frame that i may be looking to sell if anyone is interested.

WCKDGT
06-10-2010, 05:46 PM
i might b able to find you a dyno detour i think it is

NC89GT
06-10-2010, 07:29 PM
i have a complete dyno slammer bash guard and all..... no clue what its worth..very good condition.

1986GT
06-10-2010, 07:54 PM
i have a complete dyno slammer bash guard and all..... no clue what its worth..very good condition.

I would just about give anything for a complete Slammer...that was my dream bike back in the day

Sounds like its worth just about anything to me. LOL!

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Sounds like its worth just about anything to me. LOL!

hush :lol:

You got a PM

Black92LX
06-10-2010, 07:59 PM
I have a complete 98 Mongoose Villan. Bear claw pedals, upgraded bars, and someother stuff I can't remember.

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-10-2010, 08:03 PM
I had a Villain...i think it was around '98. I had so many bikes..man you name it i probably had it, everything from early '80s Mongoose Decade Pro's to Skyways, Hutch, Hawk, Powerlite, GT, Dyno, Schwinn, Haro...before cars riding was the love of my life and if i wasn't old and out of shape i'd still be doing it. My son is just old enough to start riding and i've been riding a lot with him. I don't get into anything crazy but i used to do some flatland back in the day and i'd like to find a flatland worthy frame and fork to build up.

1986GT
06-10-2010, 08:04 PM
I just sold an old Robinson Rebel frame but every other part on it was GT. The goose neck, bars, grips, wheels, tires, seat ect... It was a well built bike by someone who knew what they were doing. Light as a feather too. Someone had some bucks in it. I bought it that way. I sold it for $100.00. About the going rate for a wal-mart piece of sh*t. LOL! Oh well.

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-10-2010, 08:18 PM
The crappy thing is, my bike for example i have over $800 into, but there's no way in hell i'll get anything near that out of it because the bikes built today are lighter and stronger and sell for less than half that brand new because BMX is in a heavy slump right now. The X Games are pretty much dead for the most part and all the big name companies like GT/Dyno, Schwinn, Mongoose have sold out to Pacific Bicycle Co. which is the same thing as all the Walmart bikes. For $300 you can get a seriously built bike that can take just about anything you can dish out, and it'll weigh 15 pounds less than the bikes from the '90s that where heavily over built. Technology has come a long way since then...with stuff like hollow axles that are just as strong but way lighter, stronger rims so you don't need 48 spoke rims anymore, variable wall thickness tubes in the frames make them thick and strong at the welds and thin and light in the center. It's crazy..not to mention the micro gear trend...my bike has a 48 tooth front sprocket whereas today they're like 23.

One of the lightest bikes i ever had was a custom built Mongoose Expert Pro...the sick thing is it's about the same weight as most of the street/dirt jump bikes built today and if you cased a big jump on the Expert you'd break the rear chain stays in a hurry or taco a rim.

Black92LX
06-10-2010, 09:01 PM
I wanted an expert pro so bad but could only afford the villan. Had to buy it myself when I was 13. Took me forever to save up the $673 to buy it and that was discounted $100 due to a scratch on the frame.

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Oh man i feel your pain...i actually got mine from a rich friend who's mom bought it for him, i traded him a Dyno for it. Back in the day i could bunny hop your average sized kitchen trash can on that thing. I ended up trading it to another friend and it was stolen out of his garage.

92coupe
06-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Way back in the day when i was a youngin i had a pk ripper and a redline, Loved them both they both had plastic seat with alloy wheels and goose neck. Those fockers cost some serious cash back in the day.

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Man everyone wanted a Ripper when i was a kid. They still make an updated version of the same exact frames.

2Kblacksleeper
06-11-2010, 01:17 AM
I still have my old chrome Robinson SST from back in the day. I just cant get rid of it.

I had to mow alot of yards in the neighbor hood to save for that one.

john

mustangboy
06-11-2010, 01:38 AM
I've yet to p/c a bike frame. Sounds like some future work brewing for me. Good luck on your bike hunt.

ibstrokin
06-11-2010, 02:39 AM
I have a Hutch Hollywood ( I think), built in the mid eighties. It has a modern 3 pc. crank, Araya rims/Bullseye hubs, plus the original hutch crank(if I can find it). $350 if interested. lmk if you want pics.

HawksWR37
06-11-2010, 03:33 AM
I've been on the hunt for a DK General Lee if anyone has seen one gimme a shout

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-11-2010, 07:45 AM
General Lee's pop up on CL all the time...and the DK Cincinnati isn't a bad frame either. I rode a General Lee before i bought my Haro and looking back i think i would've been happier with it.

Dirtyd0g
06-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Man this thread makes me feel old.....Some of these bikes being described as old were new when I was riding. Personally I like my mongoose expert and the Schwinn Predator I had. GT,DYNO and Haro were cheap crap to me. I wouldn't even consider one of these new mongooses. Huffy crap....
Alan

Kwik92GT
06-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Man this thread makes me feel old.....Some of these bikes being described as old were new when I was riding. Personally I like my mongoose expert and the Schwinn Predator I had. GT,DYNO and Haro were cheap crap to me. I wouldn't even consider one of these new mongooses. Huffy crap....
Alan

Quoted for TRUTH! lol

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Alan

My first bike was a Predator, i actually had 2 of them. Can't say i agree about the others being crap, at least not back in the '80s and '90s. Back then a Haro Master was like the Rolls Royce of freestyle bikes. You were the coolest kid on Earth if you had one of those. I actually never even saw one in person growing up...that's how rare and expensive they where. Also around the mid to late '90s Huffy really got their game together and started putting out some killer high end bikes that you could get from bike shops...there where a few years where you wouldn't have looked stupid riding a Huffy but it didn't last long. They had this sick monococh aluminum racing frame...it was high tech.

USMCPONY
06-11-2010, 10:15 PM
I have a burnt Orange mongoose aka that looks almost brand new. Everything but the frame is Chrome. I bought it about ten years ago for 500. Still looks pretty good. It has super 7x rims and heavy duty forks. I planned on keeping forever but if the price is right I might sell it.