Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Adjustable upper and lower control arms on 01 gt. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable upper and lower control arms on 01 gt.

Lexstang
06-06-2010, 02:57 AM
I have a box sitting in my house with adjustable upper and weight jacker lower control arms. I have been trying to figure out. Given the same pinion angle, would you have better et's with the rear raised or lowered? I have eibach proline lowering springs so it sits VERY low already. I have been wondering if the weight tranfering back if it was set higher would push the weight onto the axle or if lower it would have more weight from the start.

redfirepearlgt
06-06-2010, 07:06 AM
I read an article on this and basics of the article is that you want the angle of the control arm up in front/down in the back. According to the article the concept behind it is, "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction". When the weight and energy transfers from the launch from front to rear the control arms if pointed upward in the front will allow downward force to transfer through them to the ground. That is the reason for relocation brackets and adjustable control arms, aside from lower kits. How much of an upward angle, I would have no idea. Never bought any adjustables or relocation brackets to mess with. Hope that helps.

redfirepearlgt
06-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Found the article -

http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/LCA%20_adj.htm