Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Visual estimates OK for speeding tickets [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Visual estimates OK for speeding tickets

2007ShelbyCobra
06-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Is this a joke?

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio's highest court has ruled that a person may be convicted of speeding purely if it looked to a police officer that the motorist was going too fast.

The Ohio Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that an officer's visual estimation of speed is enough to support a conviction if the officer is trained, certified by a training academy, and experienced in watching for speeders. The court's 5-1 decision says independent verification of a driver's speed is not necessary.

The court upheld a lower court's ruling against a driver who challenged a speeding conviction that had been based on testimony from police officer in Copley, 25 miles south of Cleveland. The officer said it appeared to him that the man was driving too fast.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/ohio-news/estimates-ok-for-speeding-tickets-court-rules-741192.html

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Just saw this on the news...what a bunch of BS. How do they figure out what your ticket amount is going to be without a mph over the limit? Sounds like yet another way to legally profile people.

03z06vette
06-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Cops are trained to judge speed by listening to a tone that is made by the radar. i have been on a ride along and its true. with in 2 mph the radar.

'92Stang
06-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Cops are trained to judge speed by listening to a tone that is made by the radar. i have been on a ride along and its true. with in 2 mph the radar.

So your sayin, if I'm shooting radar in a 35mph zone. If the driver is doing 45mph in a 35mph zone theres 5 different tones?? ...and this will hold up in court??

2kSVT
06-02-2010, 11:00 PM
The tone rises in volume/intensity as the speed increases. Cops are trained to visually estimate speed and them compare estimation to real time data from radar or laser unit.

Rod

TurboNG
06-03-2010, 06:02 AM
Re post from another thread but it fits here also....
Our government has become the modern day mafia. I got a speeding ticket 2 years ago for 85 in a 65, i said I'm innocent and the judge magistrate was like agree to 70 in a 65 and a $160.00 fine and no points. DEAL! Same with the wife, they only want the money and don't care about you're safety or the crime other than how much they can steal from you. I have a brother in-law that's a cop and two friends. Both my friends work at the same PD and they have monthly competitions in the PD and sometimes with the neighboring town. Winner gets a paid night off from his supervisor. Winning PD just gets bragin rights.

plated
06-03-2010, 06:35 AM
the economy is the reason:flipoff:

k062693w
06-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Re post from another thread but it fits here also....
Our government has become the modern day mafia. I got a speeding ticket 2 years ago for 85 in a 65, i said I'm innocent and the judge magistrate was like agree to 70 in a 65 and a $160.00 fine and no points. DEAL! Same with the wife, they only want the money and don't care about you're safety or the crime other than how much they can steal from you. I have a brother in-law that's a cop and two friends. Both my friends work at the same PD and they have monthly competitions in the PD and sometimes with the neighboring town. Winner gets a paid night off from his supervisor. Winning PD just gets bragin rights.

Do you have the link to this thread ???

Mista Bone
06-03-2010, 07:28 AM
OHP Cadets must be able to estimate within 2 mph before graduating.

Considering they wait until you're at least 5 mph over the limit, you are speeding and getting a ticket or warning.

Dirtyd0g
06-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Bull crap, if they have another vehicle that is going the speed limit they could determine it, but the human eye cannot tell the diference between 55 and 60mpg let alone 55 and 57. I would still fight that crap and chances are with most cops when you let them know they will be going to court they are going to save themselves the trouble and write you a warning. A friend of mine got a ticket from a park hills cop while driving on a latonia road doing 37mph, he had rather loud exhaust and the cop wrote him a ticket for doing 50 in a 35, he was too scared to fight it.
Alan

MystichromeVert
06-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Here's the rest of the article:
http://www.wlwt.com/news/23767184/detail.html

The officer said it appeared to him that the man was driving too fast, and his radar confirmed it. But when the officer could not produce evidence of his certification in using radar, the court found the driver guilty anyway because the officer could show he was trained to estimate speeds to an accuracy of 3 to 4 mph.

To me it sounds like they're just closing the "he doesn't know how to operate a radar gun" loophole.

Pitbull1052
06-03-2010, 01:40 PM
I can't remember what the guys name is but there's a guy in florida who use to be a police officer who's now an attorney who ran into this same situation in a court room. He dropped a quarter from about shoulder height and asked the cop to judge it's speed... of course he couldnt......

1_slo_92
06-03-2010, 03:52 PM
I can't remember what the guys name is but there's a guy in florida who use to be a police officer who's now an attorney who ran into this same situation in a court room. He dropped a quarter from about shoulder height and asked the cop to judge it's speed... of course he couldnt......

If you would drop a pencil a foot into someones hand it should be traveling around 12mph iirc.

motox159
06-03-2010, 07:19 PM
IMO, it's just another way to take our money for go fast parts!!!

redfirepearlgt
06-03-2010, 09:59 PM
California State Highway Patrol have been estimating speed and writing tickets before 1985. I lived out there for 7 years, and it holds up in court, especially when the challenged officer or trooper is asked how much experience he/she has as a traffic offier or highway trooper. CHP was not allowed to use radar devices when I lived out there though local and county could. Never understood that. Nothing like being lit up by a black/white fox body 5.0 that came out of nowhere and getting ticketed. It sucked. They were good at hiding as well. Would usually allow you 5-10 over or as long as you were flwoing with traffic you were fine.

Does not surprise me that douche bag Stricklin (sp?) is going after every means possible to raise revenue as well as taxes instead of laying off staff or forcing furloughs like soooo many companies have had to do over the past 3 years. never understood why govt. employees think they deserve the pay they make as well as the raises they receive when compared to the petty salary paid an enlisted person putting his/her life on the line inthe military. In the first case the sacrifice does not justify the huge salary and in the military case the salary does not justify the huge, huge, huge ,sacrifice.

Sloney50
06-04-2010, 09:36 AM
More freedoms gone evryday! I understand the law has a job to do but what is fair is fair! How many of us would get away with a half ass job like this at our job?! How much more is gonna happen before enough of us stand up and revolt! They always start with the small things and eventually there taking large rights away! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! :flipoff:

k062693w
06-04-2010, 09:48 AM
It just Cracks me up how people BITCH about the police like this, But who is it you call when you need help ???

The easy way to deal with it is to not break the law !!!

Dirtyd0g
06-04-2010, 12:59 PM
It just Cracks me up how people BITCH about the police like this, But who is it you call when you need help ???

The easy way to deal with it is to not break the law !!!

You say that now, when you get a ticket running the speed limit only because the people around you are driving slow you might change your mind. I think this rule should only apply to reckless operation. If someone is flying through a subdivision or something where people could get hurt. I generally drive the speed limit so I am not concerned too much however I think I need to put camera's on my vehicle so that if I get ticketed without radar unjustly I can prove my case. Rules like these only make us guilty until proven inoocent. No I don't trust cops. Like anything there are good ones and union township......A cop without concern for the people he/she is paid to protect is nothign more than a criminal with a badge. Time to start keeping camera's on everything. Without them it is your word against theirs and your word is spit.
Alan

k062693w
06-04-2010, 01:10 PM
You say that now, when you get a ticket running the speed limit only because the people around you are driving slow you might change your mind. I think this rule should only apply to reckless operation. If someone is flying through a subdivision or something where people could get hurt. I generally drive the speed limit so I am not concerned too much however I think I need to put camera's on my vehicle so that if I get ticketed without radar unjustly I can prove my case. Rules like these only make us guilty until proven inoocent. No I don't trust cops. Like anything there are good ones and union township......A cop without concern for the people he/she is paid to protect is nothign more than a criminal with a badge. Time to start keeping camera's on everything. Without them it is your word against theirs and your word is spit.
Alan

I will say it today,tomorrow, etc !!! I have been driving for 26 years and never had a ticket ... I've been pulled over, But no tickets ... And I agree there are good cops and bad cops, But it's no different then any other business !!! There are good transmission people and bad ones, Good fast food workers and bad ones, And so on ... So you can't put all police in the same category !!! And like I said you can bitch about the police, But if some is threatening you, burgularizes your business or home, Runs into your car, etc. who are you going to call ???

Simple Fact: Don't break the law, And you don't have much to worry about !!! :bigthumb

facemelter71
06-04-2010, 01:18 PM
I will say it today,tomorrow, etc !!! I have been driving for 26 years and never had a ticket ... I've been pulled over, But no tickets ... And I agree there are good cops and bad cops, But it's no different then any other business !!! There are good transmission people and bad ones, Good fast food workers and bad ones, And so on ... So you can't put all police in the same category !!! And like I said you can bitch about the police, But if some is threatening you, burgularizes your business or home, Runs into your car, etc. who are you going to call ???

Simple Fact: Don't break the law, And you don't have much to worry about !!! :bigthumb

They will see the business end of my beretta.

Some one runs into my car,I HAVE to call the police so my insurance will take care of it.Other than that,I dont call them.

And like he said.Wait till you do the speed limit and people around you are going slower (happen's all the time on Cross County) and cop pulls you over for speeding.He Visually clocked you.

k062693w
06-04-2010, 01:28 PM
I was expecting the "I will shoot" them mentality ... What if you are not there when it happens ???

Not trying to make a big thing over it, But the police are there for a reason and I respect them ...
My $.02

Dirtyd0g
06-04-2010, 01:31 PM

Did you read what I said or do you just want to rant about how you are the only person around exempt from dealing with "rude" police. I grew up nxt to an officer who was a god friend of mine, my best friend since I was 3 his father was an officer and a great guy. Most problems are from rookies. They got picked on in high school then someone gave them a gun and a badge and they are going to get even. Both police that I know have told me the same thing. It sounds to me as if you put them all in the same category. I can assure you when you deal with the wrong one you will understand. I didn't say they don't help, some certainly do. Some make more problems out of nothing.
Go reread my statement because it is 100% the truth.
Alan

k062693w
06-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Did you read what I said or do you just want to rant about how you are the only person around exempt from dealing with "rude" police. I grew up nxt to an officer who was a god friend of mine, my best friend since I was 3 his father was an officer and a great guy. Most problems are from rookies. They got picked on in high school then someone gave them a gun and a badge and they are going to get even. Both police that I know have told me the same thing. It sounds to me as if you put them all in the same category. I can assure you when you deal with the wrong one you will understand. I didn't say they don't help, some certainly do. Some make more problems out of nothing.
Go reread my statement because it is 100% the truth.
Alan

I would consider that an "OPINION" !!!
Thanks for playing though !!! :bigthumb

facemelter71
06-04-2010, 01:38 PM
I was expecting the "I will shoot" them mentality ... What if you are not there when it happens ???

Not trying to make a big thing over it, But the police are there for a reason and I respect them ...
My $.02

Yea,there again I HAVE to call them for insurance reasons.Ive met a couple cool officers that I could have a beer with.But this whole revenue generation is getting out of hand.

Dirtyd0g
06-04-2010, 01:53 PM
It sounds like you who has a bad opinion of people in general. I can see you already when you get pulled over kissing the officers butt. They are just people. They are not perfect. Some are good some are bad, it isn't an opinion it is a fact. I treat all people "police or not" with the amount of respect they treat me. When you screw up, so what you screwed up. Admit it and go on your way. You thinking that police shoudl be worshipped because they have a gun and a badge is a huge mistake on your behalf. I never put all police in the same category, you did.
Alan

Dirtyd0g
06-04-2010, 01:59 PM

My $.02

That proves my point. You hate people!

k062693w
06-04-2010, 02:15 PM
It sounds like you who has a bad opinion of people in general. I can see you already when you get pulled over kissing the officers butt. They are just people. They are not perfect. Some are good some are bad, it isn't an opinion it is a fact. I treat all people "police or not" with the amount of respect they treat me. When you screw up, so what you screwed up. Admit it and go on your way. You thinking that police shoudl be worshipped because they have a gun and a badge is a huge mistake on your behalf. I never put all police in the same category, you did.
Alan
Where did I say they should be "Worshipped" ??? There you go making statements again WITHOUT FACTS !!!

I'm trying to say that why worry about stuff you can't control ??? Makes no sense to me ... :rolleyes:
And did you ever think if as you said "Driving the speed limit and everyone else is going slower" Maybe there is a wreck ahead, they saw a policeman and slowed down, and that maybe you should slow down too because there is some sort of hazard ahead that you didn't see ???

Since you've felt the need to make an OPINION of me, Here's mine of you ... You must be one of those that does what you want without consideration of others, That you are ALWAYS right, And it's your way or the highway !!! I'm just saying ...

And BTW shouldn't you be working on some CB's and not be online trying to prove your right as my above opinion says ???

Have a Good Day and again Thanks for Playing !!! :bigthumb

k062693w
06-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Yea,there again I HAVE to call them for insurance reasons.Ive met a couple cool officers that I could have a beer with.But this whole revenue generation is getting out of hand.

I agree 110% !!! But what good does Bitching about it do ??? Are the lawmakers members of SBZ and are going to change their minds because a few members whine about it ???

k062693w
06-04-2010, 02:22 PM
That proves my point. You hate people!

NO !!! I LOVE EVERYONE !!! :bigthumb
I just can't stand WHINERS !!! :lol:

Sloney50
06-04-2010, 02:27 PM
No I completely disagree.......The EASY thing to do is roll over why the government slowly takes all your rights away. Sorry Im not gonna roll over and accept just anything they put out. So whenever something happens we dont like we should "just not break the law?" I dont think so, work to change it. ;)

k062693w
06-04-2010, 02:29 PM
No I completely disagree.......The EASY thing to do is roll over why the government slowly takes all your rights away. Sorry Im not gonna roll over and accept just anything they put out. So whenever something happens we dont like we should "just not break the law?" I dont think so, work to change it. ;)

And WHINING about it on a car site is doing what exactly to change it ??? Wouldn't your time be more productive writing your lawmakers about it instead of crying on here ??? :bigthumb

Sloney50
06-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Good advice.....You know I already have spoken to Danny Bubp. Anyhow just trying to make it better for all!

bbfstanger
06-04-2010, 02:33 PM
And WHINING about it on a car site is doing what exactly to change it ??? Wouldn't your time be more productive writing your lawmakers about it instead of crying on here ??? :bigthumb

X2 talking about what you should :rolleyes:do is kinda pointless on a stang site.

k062693w
06-04-2010, 02:33 PM
And just a little FYI !!! The police have been using VISUAL Speed Detection for years !!! It's not hard to do, You take a fixed point and the time it takes to go through said fixed point !!! It's not rocket science people it's a simple math problem !!!

How do you think they check your speed from an airplane ??? Read above for the answer !!!

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Cars need black boxes. This would solve all these problems. You get pulled over and the cop says you where speeding...you open the menu on your nav system that shows your last recorded speed limit over the last 100 miles and show him that in fact you where going 2 under the limit.

Of course, if this technology was ever created, the gov' would surely shoot it down.

Sloney50
06-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Im sure.....Not a bad idea tho

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Then again maybe they would support something like that. When a guy goes on a rampage and then an hour long car chase, it would also record him breaking the speed limit and maybe even record collisions when he hits things during the chase. That kind of stuff would be good for them in court.

Dirtyd0g
06-04-2010, 03:01 PM
NO !!! I LOVE EVERYONE !!! :bigthumb
I just can't stand WHINERS !!! :lol:

And who exactly is whining?

Plain and simple the only way this system will ever be fair for everyone is if either every police car gets a camera (and the proof is used in court) or people put cameras on their own cars.
Alan

k062693w
06-04-2010, 03:10 PM
And who exactly is whining?

The jury is in, And they say it's you WHINING !!! :lol:

I don't feel the need to go back and quote most of your posts in this thread that clearly show whining !!! Now be a big boy and admit you were wrong !!! :bigthumb

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-04-2010, 03:24 PM
I almost never speed...hell lately i drive the Festiva which is lucky enough to do the limit. If i ever get pulled over for speeding because some rookie cop had nothing better to do, i'm gonna be super F'ing pissed off. That's not whining, that's just stating the facts. There are those of us who don't break the laws that THIS WILL EFFECT. You have to see that.

k062693w
06-04-2010, 03:29 PM
I agree again, but whining on a car site does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to change it !!!

facemelter71
06-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Does TO.

LOL.

k062693w
06-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Does TO.

LOL.

DOES NOT !!!

:lol:

Dirtyd0g
06-04-2010, 04:14 PM
The jury is in, And they say it's you WHINING !!! :lol:

I don't feel the need to go back and quote most of your posts in this thread that clearly show whining !!! Now be a big boy and admit you were wrong !!! :bigthumb

Wrong about what that all cops are not good people, that having camera is the only proof. That you are ignorant to this? The facts are ALL COPS ARE NOT GOOD PEOPLE A GOOD PERCENTAGE OF THEM ARE KIDS WHO GOT PICKED ON IN SCHOOL AND HATE THE WORLD. I expect to be treated as innocent until proven guilty, you may accept it that if a cop says it it must be true however the only man I take his word to be undisputable is Jesus.
I admit you are wrong.
Alan

k062693w
06-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Wrong about what that all cops are not good people, that having camera is the only proof. That you are ignorant to this? The facts are ALL COPS ARE NOT GOOD PEOPLE A GOOD PERCENTAGE OF THEM ARE KIDS WHO GOT PICKED ON IN SCHOOL AND HATE THE WORLD. I expect to be treated as innocent until proven guilty, you may accept it that if a cop says it it must be true however the only man I take his word to be undisputable is Jesus.
I admit you are wrong.
Alan

Show me where I said all cops were good ??? Go ahead look for it !!!:bigthumb
I said that there are good and bad people in ALL lines of work ... Big difference there ... Now who is the Ignorant one that apparently can't read ??? :rolleyes:

And since you have said it more then once, I'm going to say that YOU were one of those kids that got picked on and bullied in school !!! :lol:

Now don't you need to get back on those CBs ??? :bigthumb

cobrajoe
06-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Most problems are from rookies. They got picked on in high school then someone gave them a gun and a badge and they are going to get even.
Alan

Or they was bullies and want to continue!:flipoff:

And just a little FYI !!! The police have been using VISUAL Speed Detection for years !!! It's not hard to do, You take a fixed point and the time it takes to go through said fixed point !!! It's not rocket science people it's a simple math problem !!!

How do you think they check your speed from an airplane ??? Read above for the answer !!!
But they are not using fixed point timing.

Dirtyd0g
06-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Show me where I said all cops were good ??? Go ahead look for it !!!:bigthumb
I said that there are good and bad people in ALL lines of work ... Big difference there ... Now who is the Ignorant one that apparently can't read ??? :rolleyes:

And since you have said it more then once, I'm going to say that YOU were one of those kids that got picked on and bullied in school !!! :lol:

Now don't you need to get back on those CBs ??? :bigthumb

So we both said the same thing yet you continue to argue...what exactly are you arguing? You agree with the law, cops should have the utmost authority, Whats next you gonna say guns kill people too? Or just make stupid statements that make you look like a complete and total moron. Did you forget to take your meds today or something?
Alan

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-04-2010, 05:08 PM
I agree again, but whining on a car site does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to change it !!!

I don't recall seeing this up for a public vote :confused:

facemelter71
06-04-2010, 05:47 PM
DOES NOT !!!

:lol:

DOES TO

INFINITY.haha.
its the police (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8tRa_yX7M0)

k062693w
06-04-2010, 05:56 PM
So we both said the same thing yet you continue to argue...what exactly are you arguing?

:lol: LMFAO Pot meet Kettle !!!

Thank You for proving my "OPINION" of you from post #27 !!!

Oh I forgot that you have reading comprehension problems ;) Here I'll refresh your memory !!!

Since you've felt the need to make an OPINION of me, Here's mine of you ... You must be one of those that does what you want without consideration of others, That you are ALWAYS right, And it's your way or the highway !!! I'm just saying ... :bigthumb

I left out the other parts to make it easier for you to understand, Or do I need to type slower so you can keep up ??? :D

And BTW I take my "MEDS" like clockwork, But thanks for the concern !!! :bigthumb

k062693w
06-04-2010, 05:58 PM
DOES TO

INFINITY.haha.
its the police (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8tRa_yX7M0)

DAMN YOU !!! You went and pulled the infinity card on me !!! :lol:

k062693w
06-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Sorry I have a Cub Scout leaders meeting to go to, But I'll be back later to play !!! :lol:

Dirtyd0g
06-04-2010, 06:04 PM
I said you were ignorant to the subject, because my point was the only way to prove innocence now is havign a camera. You had to prove you were ignorant all around. It wasn't an opinion of you at that point. I'm done giving you what you want. Fortunately your opinion of me means absolutely nothing. You just want to argue and stir crap. This law is stupid, the same as seatbelt laws, helmet laws and abotu 100 other laws that are intended for no purpose but to control the masses. Maybe you like being told what to do. I prefer to think for myself.
Alan

k062693w
06-04-2010, 06:18 PM
I said you were ignorant to the subject, because my point was the only way to prove innocence now is havign a camera. You had to prove you were ignorant all around. It wasn't an opinion of you at that point. I'm done giving you what you want. Fortunately your opinion of me means absolutely nothing. You just want to argue and stir crap. This law is stupid, the same as seatbelt laws, helmet laws and abotu 100 other laws that are intended for no purpose but to control the masses. Maybe you like being told what to do. I prefer to think for myself.
Alan

Right back at you buddy !!! You are too easy to mess with I'll leave you alone before you start crying again !!!

Again thanks for proving my "OPINION" and playing !!! LMAO

BTW No reply necessary !!! LOL

02mingryGT
06-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Cars need black boxes. This would solve all these problems. You get pulled over and the cop says you where speeding...you open the menu on your nav system that shows your last recorded speed limit over the last 100 miles and show him that in fact you where going 2 under the limit.

Of course, if this technology was ever created, the gov' would surely shoot it down.
OTR truckers already have these.

Dirtyd0g
06-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Right back at you buddy !!! You are too easy to mess with I'll leave you alone before you start crying again !!!

Again thanks for proving my "OPINION" and playing !!! LMAO

BTW No reply necessary !!! LOL

It is ok you have convinced us you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Good job on making it personal. This is why politics are trouble.
I think it is sad that we need navigational systems or cameras to prove we are innocent in a society that claims innocent until proven guilty. You won't catch me crying about anything that happens on the internet, the only thing I care that much about is my family and close friends.
Alan

k062693w
06-05-2010, 11:59 AM
It is ok you have convinced us you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Good job on making it personal. This is why politics are trouble.
I think it is sad that we need navigational systems or cameras to prove we are innocent in a society that claims innocent until proven guilty. You won't catch me crying about anything that happens on the internet, the only thing I care that much about is my family and close friends.
Alan

It's even better that you have proved that you have even less of a clue as I do !!!

Again NO MORE REPLYS NEEDED TO PROVE MY POINT !!!

Or do you just have to have the last word to "TRY" and act like you have a clue ???

Mista Bone
06-05-2010, 08:49 PM
What was your point????

JET50213
06-06-2010, 08:51 AM
This thread is hilarious!!!!
Just FYI, so you guys can relax a little bit. There is a lot more to it than "he appeared to be speeding." Any defense attorney who has half a brain (or private citizen for that matter) can argue a speeding ticket and win if the officer does not truly know what he/she is doing. I, for one, cannot estimate speed without the use of speed measuring devices. Therefore, I don't do it. There was a time in my career, many years ago, when I was really good with the radar and could estimate speed by the tone given. After spending several years doing desk work, I can no longer claim that experience at trial. Therefore, I rely solely on the technology of speed measuring devices. Most State Troopers are highly trained in speed measurement and they have a plethora of methods to use. I think most still rely on speed measuring devices when monitoring traffic.
My advice is this:
If an officer stops you and indicates that he used personal estimation void of any speed measuring device to ascertain that you were speeding, POLITELY engage him in conversation about how exactly one does that. He may or may not choose to explain it to you. You should, however, get a pretty good idea from his response alone whether or not he is full of crap! Personally, I doubt that many of you will ever have this happen.

On a side note, I post this only to offer a little perspective. I will not engage in debate over sily ideas or the hatred for law enforcement. As Aaron has so aptly stated, there are good and bad in all things. I have personally witnessed what I considered to be deplorable behavior by police. Those officers, however, are in the minority.

mustang8998
06-06-2010, 05:37 PM

WOW, I want to hear how loud you all cry, about that idea!

mustang8998
06-06-2010, 05:38 PM
SOME OTR truckers already have these.

Fixed it, for you.

denial
06-06-2010, 06:26 PM
I didn't read the whole thread. As a police officer myself, in order to get through the academy, you must be within 2 mph to get certified to be able to use radar/lidar. I have wrote many tickets just based on estimation of speed. I only write tickets on those I feel are really going super fast on an estimation.

Sometimes you can't get your radar locked in when there are several cars in multiple lanes, so you can visually estimate the speed.

Squale iii
06-06-2010, 06:42 PM
I didn't read the whole thread. As a police officer myself, in order to get through the academy, you must be within 2 mph to get certified to be able to use radar/lidar. I have wrote many tickets just based on estimation of speed. I only write tickets on those I feel are really going super fast on an estimation.

Sometimes you can't get your radar locked in when there are several cars in multiple lanes, so you can visually estimate the speed.

Hey good seein' ya the other night! I was on my way home from the hospital when you saw me. I was thinking about showing off how badass my car is... but I remembered you were going to police academy when I saw you in uniform and I didn't wanna push my luck LOL. Still got the 5.0?

denial
06-07-2010, 09:46 AM
lol it's ok. Your car sounded pretty sick. I just bought an 02' GT very low miles. It's slow for now :)