Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Drove the new 5.0 6 speed [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Drove the new 5.0 6 speed

1986GT
05-30-2010, 08:21 AM
I went fishing Friday at Indian Lake with a buddy of mine. We decided on the way home to GPS some Ford dealers. I am kinda in the market for a new stang. We Found a dealer in Wapakaneta but all they had was one 2010 GT. It was black with red interior. It was a 5 speed. The only option was the 3.73 gear. Since the rebates Ford is offering are pretty good on them because of the 2011 being sweet ass, I took it out and beat on it a little to see if was something I could deal with. I must say the car was a blast. It was quick, smooth and handled very well I thought. I power shifted the hell out of a few roads and did a few burn outs lol, and was quite happy. I got the salesmans card and we moved on. The next stop was Troy Ford. They have a 2011 GT with a 6 speed. Black with saddle looking brown interior (not the best looking interior Ive seen but neither was the red). The only option is the 3.73 gear. How perfect of a comparison is that huh. I couldn't believe my luck. Anyways, I took it out and kicked its ass a little and DAMN that is the baddest factory stock car Ive ever driven period! Its so smooth and quiet too. You can hear the engine well enough but road noise is killed. I got beside a semi on the highway and kept rolling the window up and down in amazement at the difference in volume. It powershifts just as smooth ass the 2010. Although the 11 is so smooth that the 10 felt more agressive when stabbing the throttle at lower RPM. Even though I new it wasn't. Shifting at 7000 RPM was cool to say the least. I think Ford will have to give even bigger rebates for me to consider a 2010 again after driving the 2011. I am going to take the wife back up to Troy and have another look but I don't think I can live with those brown seats.

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-30-2010, 08:56 AM
You can hear the engine still because of that silly tube they put in the engine bay that routes engine noise to the interior.

1986GT
05-30-2010, 09:41 AM
I actually like that idea lol. I heard if you take the 2 filters out of that tube it sounds bad as hell.

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Yeah it's gimmicky but with how well newer cars seal out road noise it's about the only way you can hear your engine like you can in an older car.

winner70ta
05-31-2010, 06:54 PM
Justin, Beau Townsend had 2 of the '11 GT cars in stock, both black, I believe that the automatic car has the brownish interior but the manual car has black interior ;)

1986GT
05-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Thanks you, I will have to take a look for myself. The guy on the phone at Beau told me they were both auto's? Dang clueless salesman. Drives me nuts.

1986GT
05-31-2010, 07:57 PM
I almost forgot I also took out a 2011 automatic V6 stang with only the appearance package on it. Man was that a disappointing TURD. The only place it felt like it had some kinda umph was when you hammered it around 55-75. When the tranny down shifted and the R's went up it pulled pretty good. It wouldn't even power brake with the traction control off. I got it to squeek a tire making a left hand turn from a stop sign once. I started laughing. I will say though I think the 6 speed manual with optional 3.73's would probably be pretty damn fun. I can't wait to see.