Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone familiar with 1999 Saab 9-5 V6 turbo's? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with 1999 Saab 9-5 V6 turbo's?

5.0calypso93lx
05-26-2010, 04:17 PM
I have a guy wanting to trade me a 1999 Saab 9-5 V6 turbo with high miles for my daily driver 94 Integra GSR with 218k miles.

Fully loaded with every option. Leather interior, heated seats(Front&Rear), Wood Grain, SPORT mode, WINTER mode, Driver and Pass. also have the option to blow the AC through the seats for cooling on hot summer days. Car has just over 200,000 miles, mostly highway. Always synthetic oil and premium gas. Interior is an easy 9 out of 10. left side of car (shown in pics) there is some light damage. Not real noticeable. Clear title in hand. Runs and drives great! Never had a problem, great luxury car.

He sent me pictures, kinda crappy, but the car looks decent. Guy said he drives the car 26 miles each way every day to work and has only had to replace the blower motor on the car a few months ago.

I know absolutely nothing about these cars.

Any thoughts?

KB1
05-26-2010, 06:36 PM
It is a very well made vehicle & fun to drive, the V6 is a GM engine w/ a low pressure turbo (assymetric). Very reliable. Since it has 200k & been maintained well you shouldn't have to worry about sludge in the motor, they were prone to this if neglected. Sounds like a fair trade, you'll love the way the Saab drives, especially on the highway. That my .02!

JA04GT
05-26-2010, 07:47 PM
I work for a shop and i would not buy one if you paid for it. They leak oil bad and have trany problems. Just my thoughts:bigthumb

Gene
05-26-2010, 09:39 PM
I don't have a lot of experience with Saabs, but I do have a lot of experience with high-mileage European automobiles...

Do your homework on parts prices. Having owned high-mileage Volvos, Alfas, Jaguars, Porsches and Mercedes, it's the little things on the cars that can nickel-and-dime you to death. Something as simple as a trunk-latch sensor can be $200 or a Throttle Position Sensor for $1200 (fuck you Jaguar).

The flip side is that most of those cars have a solid network of rabid enthusiasts, so you can get a lot of things used and avoid the dealer raping. I'm not sure what kind of following the late model Saabs have, but the old 4-cyl turbos do have a close-knit group of weirdos that are into them.

5.0calypso93lx
05-27-2010, 12:03 AM
I don't have a lot of experience with Saabs, but I do have a lot of experience with high-mileage European automobiles...

Do your homework on parts prices. Having owned high-mileage Volvos, Alfas, Jaguars, Porsches and Mercedes, it's the little things on the cars that can nickel-and-dime you to death. Something as simple as a trunk-latch sensor can be $200 or a Throttle Position Sensor for $1200 (fuck you Jaguar).

The flip side is that most of those cars have a solid network of rabid enthusiasts, so you can get a lot of things used and avoid the dealer raping. I'm not sure what kind of following the late model Saabs have, but the old 4-cyl turbos do have a close-knit group of weirdos that are into them.

That's exactly what i'm afraid of. The miles actually don't scare me at all and I think show that the car has been taken care of to make it that far.

Even though my Integra has a ton of miles and burns oil, it's still extremely reliable and runs and drives great. If something breaks, pretty much anything for this car can be had for like a dollar. Hell I just found some Koni yellow front struts that are bnib for $75!

I'm just wondering if I can sell the Saab for maybe around $3000 and pick up another MR2.