Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Who wants to go to a show or cruise [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to go to a show or cruise

redfirepearlgt
05-25-2010, 07:05 AM
Anyone have any ideas for a car show or cruise in this coming a Friday, Saturday or Sunday? I am open to getting a group together for a car show somewhere if someonw has a line on one. Here is one option if anyone was interested in a nice drive down the river or out through Versailles, IN and down. I assume its downtown Madison. Will check if there is an interest. Any other options closer?

CAM River Run Car Show. Fifteenth annual classic car show along Vaughn Drive. Registration begins at 8 a.m. Awards and prizes. Free to view cars. Call (812) 265-3620, Ext. 4004 or (812) 273-2956.

djom1cincy
05-25-2010, 08:06 AM
What day is this?

IEATLT1
05-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Friday Night is a cruise in at the floodwall in portsmouth on second street 4-9pm should be alot of cars...

Saturday Night in Wheelersburg, Ohio there is a cruise in that draws around 200+ cars of all makes and models.... last saturday of every month might be a haul for some of you but is a nice crusie down 32 and if you come 73 a nice twisty road...

PONYGRL
05-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Chad, on Sunday there is a car show at St. Cecilia near our house in Independence. Never been... we were going to go last year but didnt. I think we are going to call and get some more details about it, so I'll let you know if its worth checking out or not. It'll be a smaller one, but sometimes those are the best :)

redfirepearlgt
05-25-2010, 08:34 PM
What day is this?

It's Saturday. Starts registration @ 9:00am. Madison is beautiful if you've never been there. About 1.5-2.0 hours depending on which way you go. It would allow me to put some miles on the new clutch and flywheel. Got to get used to the new engage position which is almost fully up top.

redfirepearlgt
05-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Chad, on Sunday there is a car show at St. Cecilia near our house in Independence. Never been... we were going to go last year but didnt. I think we are going to call and get some more details about it, so I'll let you know if its worth checking out or not. It'll be a smaller one, but sometimes those are the best :)

Hey Girl and Guys: What time Sunday? We have to go get recharged on Sunday AM. Can't get to a show unless reg. is through 12:30 or 1:00pm.

redfirepearlgt
05-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Friday Night is a cruise in at the floodwall in portsmouth on second street 4-9pm should be alot of cars...

Saturday Night in Wheelersburg, Ohio there is a cruise in that draws around 200+ cars of all makes and models.... last saturday of every month might be a haul for some of you but is a nice crusie down 32 and if you come 73 a nice twisty road...

HMMM. My map show 2:23 drive time 119 miles. I know we owe you one for making it up to that unofficial opening of spring in March. Already looking at a 1.5 -2 hour drive IF I goto that deal in Madison, IN. WOuld be a nice cruise on a June Saturday.

rmracing
05-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Chad , They are having cruise ins at the Williams Corner Church of God in Goshen off 132 every Saturday . Its the same one you were at last year . Let me know if your interested in going and I can see what time it is .

redfirepearlgt
05-26-2010, 06:13 AM
Chad , They are having cruise ins at the Williams Corner Church of God in Goshen off 132 every Saturday . Its the same one you were at last year . Let me know if your interested in going and I can see what time it is .

Hey Rocky, Thanks. Post the time if you would. Hope the black stang is running good.

relaxednoma
05-26-2010, 09:01 AM

EDIT

found it!

5/30/2010 3-7:30 PM
St. Cecelia car show Independence,Ky.
MUSIC BY: TC & Rockin Renee Reg. 3-6pm $10

Awards at 7:30pm 50 Gas Pump Trophys "DASH PLAQUES" "FOOD" "BEVERAGES" FREE CONCERT: EIGHT DAYS A WEEK-Beatles Tribute band at 8:00pm For Info: 859-363-4311

from http://www.ccpromotions.us/Car_Shows.html

mustangcwm
05-26-2010, 09:09 AM

Here are the details from the show and shine calendar. We still have to call since it says classic car show but I think I remember hearing from someone its open to all cars.

5313 Madison Pike, Independence Ky 41051
May 30 3-11pm
Registration is 3-6 $10
Awards at 7:30
50 Gas Pump trophies (25 Best in show, 25 Best in class)
Dash Plaque with registration
Food and beverages available
Free inflatable games for the kids
Free concert at 8- Beatles tribute band

relaxednoma
05-26-2010, 09:12 AM
^^^ great minds lol

where did you get the show n shine calender at? i always forget to get one until later in the year

mustangcwm
05-26-2010, 09:14 AM
We got ours at the cruise-in in milford, but usually for the first month of them coming out they sell them at alot of car shows

relaxednoma
05-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Ahh i gotcha, i just found their site, going to give them a call to see where they'll be so I can get one. I like the big shows I go to (about 3 a year or so) but i really love going to the smaller home-grown shows.

Just got a reply back from Barb, but emailed her again as she didn't state if it was open to all years.

mustangcwm
05-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Ahh i gotcha, i just found their site, going to give them a call to see where they'll be so I can get one. I like the big shows I go to (about 3 a year or so) but i really love going to the smaller home-grown shows.

Just got a reply back from Barb, but emailed her again as she didn't state if it was open to all years.

We just got ahold of the guy holding the show and he said it is open to all year cars, and that everyone will have a fair chance because he said they are dividing the trophies up based on how many cars of what year there are. So if 25% of the cars are new cars then 25% of the trophies will go to new cars.

rmracing
05-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Hey Rocky, Thanks. Post the time if you would. Hope the black stang is running good.

Its 6-9pm . Let me know if your going and Ill try to get my car cleaned up .

redfirepearlgt
05-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Will be posting up a schedule I plan on holding to for Friday Saturday and Sunday. Any and all who want to go to these events and meet up please let me know. I will be making a separate thread for the weekend schedule. Should there be no interest in an event then I may pass on it myself. Nothing sucks worse than going to a show or cruise in and having no one to hang with.

djom1cincy
05-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Saturday I'm doing family stuff. Friday night and Sunday I might be able to get out. Let me know.

MrsAPE
05-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Sunday Alan is cooking in a cookoff at Blue Ash Kroger...not a car show but it's inside!! Firefighters are going up against Kroger chefs. Forget what Charity the money from 'samples' goes to but good cause. 11-2 if your out that way.

redfirepearlgt
05-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Sunday Alan is cooking in a cookoff at Blue Ash Kroger...not a car show but it's inside!! Firefighters are going up against Kroger chefs. Forget what Charity the money from 'samples' goes to but good cause. 11-2 if your out that way.

Out that way, I live just south of there. May swing by after church and have a bight with you. Let me know who and where to look for you. Chad

MrsAPE
05-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Going to guess they will have signs posted or pointing the way. Not sure where we will be inside. We will be wearing black chefs coats & serving up BBQ'd chickens!! Hope to see you there!!

Mr.Moontang
05-27-2010, 11:37 PM
I'll come cheer on Alan and the firemen!!!

IEATLT1
05-28-2010, 11:51 AM
scratch the friday night show in portsmouth I was told the wrong date!

MrsAPE
05-28-2010, 05:32 PM
I'll come cheer on Alan and the firemen!!!
HEY....I have a chef's coat too!! :cool1: Come on down!! Or would that be up in your case?! :D

IEATLT1
05-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Had 380 + cars at the wheelersburg show last night.... that was the ones that registered.

Alot of nice cars from all makes

Last saturday every month and always a big turn out starts at 6 but arrive at 4 if you want a good parking spot.