Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Plated [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Plated

rmracing
05-13-2010, 11:27 PM
I just got back my car from Chris tonight and it looks great . I sent him a VERY ROUGH car with an old Macco paint job and he did a great job on it . The only bad part is that the paint was so shiny that it attracted a state boy and a Miami twp cop on the way home . Those cops sure like nice shinny Mustangs for some reason . Anyway Chris did a great job once again and he really had his work cut out for him on this one .

PKFIRE
05-13-2010, 11:37 PM
I just got back my car from Chris tonight and it looks great . I sent him a VERY ROUGH car with an old Macco paint job and he did a great job on it . The only bad part is that the paint was so shiny that it attracted a state boy and a Miami twp cop on the way home . Those cops sure like nice shinny Mustangs for some reason . Anyway Chris did a great job once again and he really had his work cut out for him on this one .

I'm glad your car turned out great, that stinks about the cop issue. I just got my car buffed by him today and he was very helpful. He knows his stuff. It was great meeting him and if you there Chris I wonder if you paint motorcycle tanks?

BigBadStang
05-14-2010, 12:04 AM
:postpix:

rmracing
05-14-2010, 12:16 AM
:postpix:

I dont have any picts yet but its just a stock white 89 gt with a cowl hood , nothing special but if I would have taken before and after picts you would be amazed at the difference . Sorry I didnt get picts , I wish I would have but at the time the car literally looked like someone took 80 grit sandpaper to the car , the paint was literally cracking off bad and wasnt worth taking any pictures of . We went to pick the car up and my family couldnt believe it was the same car we dropped off .

inferno50
05-14-2010, 02:48 AM
congrats on the paint job. gotta love fresh paint.

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-14-2010, 07:45 AM
I saw it when it before and after...no offense man but that car looked like it was pulled out of the ocean. I was shocked how big of a difference it was after he sprayed it.

plated
05-14-2010, 08:37 AM
that just sux rocky thats money you could have put in the gt,makes you feel like your 20 again lol,glad you liked it i remember your wife shakeing her head when you were getting it painted, and couldn't help to smile when you said she said"can i drive it to work now" after seeing it done:D priceless...keep your foot out of it now :tongue2:

Stangman
05-14-2010, 08:52 AM
wow Rocky I seen that car when you first brought it to Chris... mannn that paint looked like the ground at Death Valley!!

BlazinEagle
05-14-2010, 09:20 AM
I saw the car at Plated when it was done. It looked great.

djom1cincy
05-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Well what did the police stop you for. Let's see some pics of the car.

rmracing
05-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Well what did the police stop you for. Let's see some pics of the car.

Speeding , no seatbelt . He came up to my window and had another cop car behind him and he was at the pass window with his hand on his gun like he was going to need to draw it or something . He was acting like I was hotrodding and saying the car was accelerating very fast .
Heres the funny part , my car is a completely stock 89 that needs alot of work and barely runs right now . It has an exhaust leak and is a little loud so I guess that makes it a hot rod . This car WILL NOT even squeel the tires at all if it had to . The car has sat for the last couple years as it was in such bad shape , my wife had to follow me home to make sure I didnt break down and this joker thinks I was hotrodding . If I would have gotten a ticket for rapid acceleration I would have taken the car straight to the house and put it on our Dyno and video it for the judge to show just how bad the car really was . Then that cop would really have looked like an idiot then . Sorry for the rant but I really hate the profiling that some cops do when you have a mustang.

beefcake
05-15-2010, 03:29 PM
congrats brother!!!

Blackballed
05-15-2010, 08:03 PM
There is a law such as excessive acceleration? Sounds like they had nothing else to do. Congrats on the new paint.

JIMS SVT
05-15-2010, 08:19 PM
I would have taken the car straight to the house and put it on our Dyno .

Do it anyway lol.

rmracing
05-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Do it anyway lol.

Is there a prize for the lowest powered mustang to ever be strapped to a dyno ? I am going to work on the running part now that it looks good so I will probably stap it down on the dyno soon anyways . Ill post the before numbers for amusement .