Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Rock and a hard place, whats your opinion? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rock and a hard place, whats your opinion?

INSANEBA
05-12-2010, 05:56 PM
So as most of you know, I'm selling my GT that I've been working my arse off on for a year now. I really dont want to, but "grown up" things are making me do it. I have alot going on now and really cant have the car distracting me, or taking any money from me. As a matter of fact I could really use the money from the car to set myself better in the finance department. I listed the car with everyting I've done as well as all parts I have to finish up the nitrous for $4500. I felt this was a killer deal, because I know it's gonna be a 11 second ride once finished up. But I've only had a few nibbles, and some sem to want more of a stockish car. So my question is, should I start parting it down to more of a stock car and sell it for say $2500 with a few mods to the motor, or do I hold off and wait for the right buyer?

beefcake
05-12-2010, 06:21 PM
tough to say, i'd try to sell it together for a minute if that doesn't work, then part out

draggin50
05-12-2010, 06:24 PM
I know its hard to do but most of them are worth more parted out all together. It really seems like everyone is struggling due to the economy and even parts are getting hard to sell. Rough decision though and good luck!

stocknotch
05-12-2010, 06:45 PM
Dont sell it....you'll regret it later. Try other ways to get extra money. Second job? Maybe sell some other stuff your not using? I dont know your situation but selling my pride and joy would be my last resort

chris91
05-12-2010, 06:48 PM
You can always build or buy another. I've had my fair share of not wanting to sell them but had to for different reasons, and have always ended up with another eventually. If you have the time to wait it out, try keeping it all together. If you need the money quick and have people ready to buy the parts, part it out.

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-13-2010, 05:09 AM
You could probably put it back to a good running stock car and sell it cheaper then sell the parts and come out ahead in the end. Sometimes its not that it isnt worth the asking price its just that people dont have it in a lump sum to spend.

blown86lx
05-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Did you get a chance to talk to Keith today? Man I hope we can get you down here so maybe you wont have to sell her!!

INSANEBA
05-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Did you get a chance to talk to Keith today? Man I hope we can get you down here so maybe you wont have to sell her!!

I didnt today Caleb, I was at the hospital with my mom all day. She had lung surgery, pretty touchy stuff. I actually just got home at 9:00. I will call him tomorow first thing though. I did a little figuring, and I can sell most of the stuff off the car, keep the gears, springs and cam/intakes on the car and sell that for around the $2500-3000 area and actually come out farther ahead of my asking price. So if anyone see's anything on my add that they might want. pm me. If it isint gone by sunday then the parting begins...

blown86lx
05-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Hope all goes well with you're mom! She will be in my thoughts and prayers.Might be able to stop up this weekend and help you out if you would like. Gonna put the new plugs in the truck and I would like to take it on a little road trip to see how that new motor is gonna act. Give me a call whenever is good for you let me know what Keith says.Take care

k062693w
05-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Thoughts and Prayers for your Mom and You Brandon !!! I hope Everything works out for you Buddy !!!

INSANEBA
05-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks Caleb and Aaron, friends like you sure make times like these easier! She made it through surgery fine, now time to figure out whats wrong with her and start treating it. Her MS makes this stuff so hard to deal with, seems like when she gets a lil better something else nips her in the butt. I did call Keith today, and we talked for about 20 mins. He said he was gonna make sure I'm in there for the fall season, and is planning on me being in the july orientation. I'm deffinitely stoked about that! Anytimes fine with me Caleb, gimme a call if you get bored. I'm gonna be painting some bike parts this weekend, and try to be productive lol...