Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Flash issues...need help [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Flash issues...need help

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-07-2010, 06:13 PM
My PC has some issues playing Flash videos....so anything YouTube etc only plays on occasion. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the current Flash, as well as my browsers. I've got the new Firefox and the new Chrome and both of them have this issue. My question is, will a slow internet speed cause me problems? What happens is like a time out of sorts...it loads forever with the little grey dot swirly thing in the video window, then i'll get a message in the video window saying "an error occurred, please try again later". The reason i suspect internet speeds (aside from the fact that i'm on Cricket which is like 500kbps MAX) is that i CAN view videos sometimes...just very rarely and it seems like the smaller/shorter/lowest quality the better the chance i have of viewing it.

Another issue i have is with posting threads on forums....if i type out a huge post, it hangs up. This is another reason i suspect my speeds to be the issue, although this isn't related to the Flash issue. I'm pretty certain that Flash is working...since i can watch little Flash cartoons and stuff like that, just not videos.

Anyone have any suggestions (besides ditching Cricket)?

Blackout
05-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Sounds like you need to clear your Cache. Just go to tools and then Delete Browsing History and clean up the computer. Remember if you clear the cookies you will have to resign in to Stangbangerz or any other site that you are a member on that you have your password saved. But clearing the Temp Internet files and history will sometimes fix your problems.

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Ok amazingly this did work (thanks!) however after viewing like 5 videos, the same crap happens again. What's causing it? I've never had any issue like this in the past (hell i've never heard browser history causing problems like this which is why i never tried clearing it).