Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Does Anyone Know What Happened? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know What Happened?

BigBadStang
04-30-2010, 08:36 AM
DISCLAIMER
***I'm not trying to start any drama about anything.***

Maybe I missed something, because I don't frequent 'The Whippin Room'...I've just been noticing that some of the longtime 'Bangerz (Dedpedal, PonymanfiveO, Blackhorse, and even Holly) haven't been posting much, if at all. I know Dave is on and off here, but I kinda miss the other guys/gals posts and stories. :confused:

Foxxx5oh
04-30-2010, 09:04 PM
i dont post much cause there really isnt anything that interests me anymore lol, other than lookin for another stang or just lending a bit of advice or a smartass remark here and there. i hate to say it, but since Vinny passed, its like everyone forgot why we were here and the new people started coming in with their CSR an CSS type bullshit...

I've been here since late 02, things have changed, a LOT...

sean
04-30-2010, 09:08 PM
I have seen changes in the short time I have been here. what are more of the long term changes? I really like it here and would hate to loose everyone who has some sense.

Foxxx5oh
04-30-2010, 09:18 PM
there was some on/off site drama that had a couple other long term members "resign" from their admin/mod positions, the influx of banning members because they would come to the site, run their mouths, threaten others, and just generally show the whole group what a douche they were, the list can go on and on...it seems that anymore, instead of being the big ol family we once were, we are turning closer and closer to being "just another Mustang forum" which is something i would have NEVER thought this to become. i think we are starting to forget more and more what this site was founded on. good people who share the same passion for a great car, and who can come together and achieve a common goal.

Don't knock a brother down, Lift a brother up, wasnt just a catchy saying that was put on a decal, it was what this site was founded on. but it seems that we stray farther and farther from the ideal set forth, with each flame post in the whippin room, people threatening others, and just generally childish bullshit.

Katmandu
04-30-2010, 09:51 PM
i hate to say it, but since Vinny passed, its like everyone forgot why we were here and the new people started coming in with their CSR an CSS type bullshit...

I've been here since late 02, things have changed, a LOT...x2 Brother. :rolleyes:

I too have been here along time as well. This site is a mear ghost of what it once was. :(

One would think that what's all been said and done things would be different. :rolleyes:

djom1cincy
04-30-2010, 10:04 PM
X2 on people threatening others for a ass whooping. You threaten someone you should be gone. I'm tired of seeing people talk about kicking each others ass. Get the ban hammer out and use it. I look around on css. This sites not there but heading in that direction. I don't know the fix but I hope it happens.

Foxxx5oh
04-30-2010, 10:06 PM
X2 on people threatening others for a ass whooping. You threaten someone you should be gone. I'm tired of seeing people talk about kicking each others ass. Get the ban hammer out and use it. I look around on css. This sites not there but heading in that direction. I don't know the fix but I hope it happens.

the fix is to be less of a douchefag internet hardass...but i dont see that becoming a reality for some of the folks on here that survived the ban hammer...

Mista Bone
04-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Maybe they are playing in their own little section of the playground that we can't see?????

Squale iii
04-30-2010, 10:39 PM

Just wait till I find you......lol i keed i keed!

redfirepearlgt
04-30-2010, 11:45 PM
There is nothing at all wrong with sharing memories of the past with each other of loved ones that have moved on to a better world. It is another issue however when people cease to live and function any longer (emotionally and/or socially) after a loved one has gone on however. I have lost next of kin, as well as life long childhood friends over the years. My most recent loss was our precious family pet Bailey who was like a child to us. Giving the approval to end her life has been very hard on me as well as my marriage. Life must go on nonetheless and has gotten better since 3/18/2010. And the encouragement and kind words from so many on this site meant the wrold and made a huge difference in my life during that time. I can't thank each of you enough.

I hear so many good things about Vinny, how passionate for life he was and how he never met a stranger he didn't know. I have met very close friends of his who have told me great things about him. I would have liked to have met him. I am sure he was a phenomenal person. My guess is that though he has gone on to a better world, and though he is greatly missed, he would have expectd this website to carry on and grow and even become a better place and a stronger closer group because of him, because of his character, and because of the passion he had for cars, people, and life even after his passing. He would have expected this passion of his to be carried on.

Let the depression of this great man's passing destroy the bond people share on this website and you will have destroyed so much of what this man set out to do. It does not take a close friend for one to see that this guy wanted people to come together and bond and generate a brotherhood/sisterhood with each other through a common interest which happens to be mustangs and racing. The name STANGBANGERZ says it all gang, a love for mustangs and banging gears racing. Each has the opportunity to wear a T-shirt with the 10 commandments of SBZ on it which says it all in a nutshell.

I have been blessed to become a part of this site and ir has opened up a new world of friendships for me. Like so many here I have participated in cruise-ins, tried to put together unofficial cruise-ins or get togethers, help generate interest to get out to current cruise-ins, etc. I have been very blessed to have given back to charity events, offer what little pea-witted knowledge I have to help others or offer a halping hand(even if it means only holding a flashlight LOL) if that is what it takes to help build a bond with others and help keep the bond of this site growing. I have seen an outreach to help others in need (Though they aren't asking) simply because so many care about others, even those they may have not yet met in person but know only through a website login name.

I wish to see this site become again what it was once known for before I joined. ONe will not be able to do it alone. It will take effort on the part of many. Some will need to step out of their comfort zone a bit and show up to an event or two like one of our members did who drove in 2.5 hours from the southeast in March for a get-together at the Colerain QSL. This summer is a new chance for people to congregate at car shows and cruise-ins and Fillmores, and QSL, and Milford, and so many other things together. We have already had some very good times together this year at QSL, Red Robin, and Fillmores as well as many others. I encourage Maximus to schedule some TT get togethers like the one we had at Tristate last fall. THAT WAS A BLAST CRAIG!!!!

There will never be another Vinny. But with the efforts of people on this site the bond he helped build can be returned and taken to the next level. All it takes is a little effort. It's fun to jab at each other in fun, and rant about things with each other and blow a little smoke off once in a while. That's all part of life. Don't forget the part about help your fellow SBZ if he/she is down in the process however. Lend a hand, even if they may not ask. Remember the 10th commandment Vinny wrote -

THOU SHALL BE KIND TO THY BRETHEREN MUSTANG OWNERS

Have a nice weekend folks see you all in the funny papers!!!!

Squale iii
04-30-2010, 11:51 PM
So when is the next big meet/cruise/event?

Kevin1989
05-01-2010, 12:44 AM

ya no shit,some one come over and kick my ass till i finish my car lol i have zero desire to do it.

redfirepearlgt
05-01-2010, 01:23 AM

5/16/2010 - It is mustangs only though would be my guess. Has been that way for last three I have been to. But uh, Milford was tonight, E20 they were running tonight, Fillmores was posted for invites two weeks ago, Red Robin was for Sat in April, Kmart on the green has officially started. Plenty of chances to get out and be sociable. Sorry you missed them. Milford was great tonight in case some were there other than Chadomac, Naomi, USMCPony, 8250, and some others I may have missed.

Mista Bone
05-01-2010, 02:17 AM

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62876

chadomac
05-01-2010, 05:25 AM
There is nothing at all wrong with sharing memories of the past with each other of loved ones that have moved on to a better world. It is another issue however when people cease to live and function any longer (emotionally and/or socially) after a loved one has gone on however. I have lost next of kin, as well as life long childhood friends over the years. My most recent loss was our precious family pet Bailey who was like a child to us. Giving the approval to end her life has been very hard on me as well as my marriage. Life must go on nonetheless and has gotten better since 3/18/2010. And the encouragement and kind words from so many on this site meant the wrold and made a huge difference in my life during that time. I can't thank each of you enough.

I hear so many good things about Vinny, how passionate for life he was and how he never met a stranger he didn't know. I have met very close friends of his who have told me great things about him. I would have liked to have met him. I am sure he was a phenomenal person. My guess is that though he has gone on to a better world, and though he is greatly missed, he would have expectd this website to carry on and grow and even become a better place and a stronger closer group because of him, because of his character, and because of the passion he had for cars, people, and life even after his passing. He would have expected this passion of his to be carried on.

Let the depression of this great man's passing destroy the bond people share on this website and you will have destroyed so much of what this man set out to do. It does not take a close friend for one to see that this guy wanted people to come together and bond and generate a brotherhood/sisterhood with each other through a common interest which happens to be mustangs and racing. The name STANGBANGERZ says it all gang, a love for mustangs and banging gears racing. Each has the opportunity to wear a T-shirt with the 10 commandments of SBZ on it which says it all in a nutshell.

I have been blessed to become a part of this site and ir has opened up a new world of friendships for me. Like so many here I have participated in cruise-ins, tried to put together unofficial cruise-ins or get togethers, help generate interest to get out to current cruise-ins, etc. I have been very blessed to have given back to charity events, offer what little pea-witted knowledge I have to help others or offer a halping hand(even if it means only holding a flashlight LOL) if that is what it takes to help build a bond with others and help keep the bond of this site growing. I have seen an outreach to help others in need (Though they aren't asking) simply because so many care about others, even those they may have not yet met in person but know only through a website login name.

I wish to see this site become again what it was once known for before I joined. ONe will not be able to do it alone. It will take effort on the part of many. Some will need to step out of their comfort zone a bit and show up to an event or two like one of our members did who drove in 2.5 hours from the southeast in March for a get-together at the Colerain QSL. This summer is a new chance for people to congregate at car shows and cruise-ins and Fillmores, and QSL, and Milford, and so many other things together. We have already had some very good times together this year at QSL, Red Robin, and Fillmores as well as many others. I encourage Maximus to schedule some TT get togethers like the one we had at Tristate last fall. THAT WAS A BLAST CRAIG!!!!

There will never be another Vinny. But with the efforts of people on this site the bond he helped build can be returned and taken to the next level. All it takes is a little effort. It's fun to jab at each other in fun, and rant about things with each other and blow a little smoke off once in a while. That's all part of life. Don't forget the part about help your fellow SBZ if he/she is down in the process however. Lend a hand, even if they may not ask. Remember the 10th commandment Vinny wrote -

Very well said Chad. :bigthumb

Foxxx5oh
05-01-2010, 07:04 AM

VERY well said brother, VERY well said! :)

Mr.Moontang
05-01-2010, 11:44 AM
I could not say it any better than Redfirepearlgt did!!! The cruise in's are for our family, it is open to what you drive not just Mustangs!!! I think this post/thread may have just given me the flame under my ass to try getting us some "family get togethers" started!!! New season new reason, Vinny I am sorry I lost site of your vision...now where are my keys, so I can go get my car out of the warehouse!!! (I have not driven it since the fall cruise in)

redfirepearlgt
05-01-2010, 12:19 PM
I could not say it any better than Redfirepearlgt did!!! The cruise in's are for our family, it is open to what you drive not just Mustangs!!! I think this post/thread may have just given me the flame under my ass to try getting us some "family get togethers" started!!! New season new reason, Vinny I am sorry I lost site of your vision...now where are my keys, so I can go get my car out of the warehouse!!! (I have not driven it since the fall cruise in)

Thanks. I know I'm a newer member, but wanted to try to spark something that would strike a chord without offending founders and charter members. Thanks for the reassurrance. See you around town!!!

Gearhead
05-01-2010, 12:21 PM

:bigthumb:bigthumb:bigthumb

Maximus
05-01-2010, 12:34 PM

He was a Great Guy and a Best friend. When we were all together, we were invincible. We were a bunch of crazy, Stangbangin MOFOs! We raced, we drank, we partied, we worked on each others rides...we just hang out and enjoyed our time together. When Vinnys time with us was over, it was like a HUGE FN hole ripped threw our hearts. It literally SUCKED the zest for being a Stangbanger right out of me. Yeah Im still on here and I throw my two cents in every now and then. But its not the same and never will be the same. I dont mean that to be anything bad, just saying.

Us "old timers" will always have our Great memories of Vinny.
Its not the depression that is causing lack luster "support" of this site, its LIFE itself. I myself have 2 baby girls, a Step-Daughter and my Wife, so they keep me busy....and Actually, I LOVE spending time with them. My girls are going to be babies, ONCE in their lifes. They will do "First" things and I want to try and be there for each and every one of them. I would HATE to miss something that my daughter did because I was wrenching on a Stang. Now when they get older, Im sure Ill get a spark to wrench on it again.

That Kicks Ass! You should continue doing what you are doing. Dont worry about us that have been here for a while.

Working on it. But its nice to see others step up and plan stuff. As YOU have proved, it doesnt take a moderator to step up and plan an impromptu get together. We use to have those quite often with Vinny and Holly.

Hmmm...Im craving All you can eat wings at QS&L.:)

mustangboy
05-01-2010, 12:49 PM
YUM YUM!! Me too

Maximus
05-01-2010, 12:52 PM
YUM YUM!! Me too

Sounds like a plan. We need someone to get there early and save us a seat.:)

facemelter71
05-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Sounds like a plan. We need someone to get there early and save us a seat.:)

Im at work till the last car is done for today.Which QSL you talking about?

mustangboy
05-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Unfortunately can't do it today but sometime very soon

Maximus
05-01-2010, 01:15 PM
ALL YOU CAN EAT on Tuesday. NOT today.:fart:

BigBadStang
05-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the outstanding replies!
Class acts all the way...Not a single snide, smart ass remark! :lol:

redfirepearlgt
05-01-2010, 01:31 PM
ALL YOU CAN EAT on Tuesday. NOT today.:fart:

With regard to Tuesdays you will have to PM me or call me and let me know. I never know if I will be in town or out of town during the week. Would LOVE to join up with you guys for this any Tuesday night I would be in the area. I am also up for monthly Sunday evening QSL cruise-ins as well. Went to Milford cruise-in (steak and shake) last night and saw several over there from the east side. Would love to schedule a Friday night to cruise up to the Kmart on the green in Dayton. Make a big to-do of it. Take the kids, the dog, the whole fam-damily stangbangerz Cincy/NKY area who wish to go and have a wagon train of a ride up there. Never been to that cruise-in. Will start planning on a date to do that and motivating a group to go and hopefully get an interest in dong so.

Maximus
05-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Class acts all the way...Not a single snide, smart ass remark! :lol:

This is NOT the whipping room.:bigthumb

With regard to Tuesdays you will have to PM me or call me and let me know. I never know if I will be in town or out of town during the week. Would LOVE to join up with you guys for this any Tuesday night I would be in the area. I am also up for monthly Sunday evening QSL cruise-ins as well. Went to Milford cruise-in (steak and shake) last night and saw several over there from the east side. Would love to schedule a Friday night to cruise up to the Kmart on the green in Dayton. Make a big to-do of it. Take the kids, the dog, the whole fam-damily stangbangerz Cincy/NKY area who wish to go and have a wagon train of a ride up there. Never been to that cruise-in. Will start planning on a date to do that and motivating a group to go and hopefully get an interest in dong so.

Hopefully THIS Tuesday a few of us will be able to go.

redfirepearlgt
05-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Respect your life decisions Maximus. Glad that a man can clearly know his priorities reside with his family. That is a very admirable trait. It is possible SBZ could become more family oriented which would be a good thing. Many like myself don't drink at all anymore or drink very little. More family like atmosphere get togethers would be a step in a new direction while retaining that brotherhood/sisterhood concept that you all started here. That doesn't mean the occasional party and letting one's hair down would become a thing of the past. All you could eat wings night could be a family get together. Have enjoyed bringing my wife with me to recent get-togethers last fall and this spring. She has stepped out of her shell and made new acquaintances and come to realize that the cruise-in thing can be fun. I may even one day be able to tell her about the Supeor charger I put on the car last summer, but will never be able to tell her it cost more than 100 bucks. LOL!!! See you at the shop May 8 or 10 to drop off my car for the clutch and flywheel. Have a great weekend.

redfirepearlgt
05-01-2010, 01:46 PM
This is NOT the whipping room.:bigthumb

Hopefully THIS Tuesday a few of us will be able to go.

If in town (knock on wood) count Kim and me in.

mustangboy
05-01-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm actually am free on Tues so let me know when and where!!

Maximus
05-01-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm actually am free on Tues so let me know when and where!!

Be at the Shop around 5:30ish.:bigthumb

Mr.Moontang
05-01-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm working on a weekly get together in Newport, would Saturday nights be good? It would be in a secure private lot within walking distance of places to eat or there is a grill there that maybe we could use to just grill up what you bring with you...just an idea.

redfirepearlgt
05-01-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm working on a weekly get together in Newport, would Saturday nights be good? It would be in a secure private lot within walking distance of places to eat or there is a grill there that maybe we could use to just grill up what you bring with you...just an idea.

Sounds good to me. We'd be game for a bi-weekly drive down from Deer Park to hang out and grab a bite to eat.

cobrajoe
05-01-2010, 04:31 PM
:rolleyes: Wow! How much has been forgot.

Stangman
05-01-2010, 04:48 PM
I could go for some wings... I miss the old wednesday night beechmont cruise ins... grabbing a snow cone...

cobrajoe
05-01-2010, 04:49 PM
I could go for some wings... I miss the old wednesday night beechmont cruise ins... grabbing a snow cone...

Good times:bigthumb

inferno50
05-01-2010, 04:55 PM
im game for tuesday.

Mista Bone
05-01-2010, 10:18 PM

The Italian Ice shack near the now closed Perkins?????

It was open today :)

Katmandu
05-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Class acts all the way...Not a single snide, smart ass remark! :lol:Just wait till Football season starts again! :bigthumb

Bluecrew07
05-02-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm working on a weekly get together in Newport, would Saturday nights be good? It would be in a secure private lot within walking distance of places to eat or there is a grill there that maybe we could use to just grill up what you bring with you...just an idea.Whatever happend to our group on wensday nights.. i say we go back to that..

AGREED:bigthumb:bigthumb

2Kblacksleeper
05-02-2010, 10:21 AM
I was hoping the Wednesday nights were still going this year. I finally got the time to attend most of them.

Gene
05-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Whatever happend to our group on wensday nights.. i say we go back to that.

I agree. Now that the weather is getting nice (well, except for today), we should start having the meetups.

Mr.Moontang
05-02-2010, 02:20 PM
We could Wednesday nights, in Newport since I live in Kentucky now and have a location(across the street from the Brown Derby on York St.) let me know so I can make plans to start them up. Or if you guy's have to have the eastside, get one going over there and I will make it a sticky for you.

'92Stang
05-02-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm always good for some sno cones again, Abby concurs she's older now and we don't have to find any shirts to match her sno cone flavor..lol, newport sounds good also Scott.

Gene
05-02-2010, 02:49 PM
We could Wednesday nights, in Newport since I live in Kentucky now and have a location(across the street from the Brown Derby on York St.) let me know so I can make plans to start them up. Or if you guy's have to have the eastside, get one going over there and I will make it a sticky for you.

I'm down for Newport. That's actually easier for me.

Bluecrew07
05-02-2010, 04:10 PM
how about make it a Eastside/Newport sticky and switch off every other week?

DeckerEnt
05-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Newport works. Eastgate works. Since I don't have a wife to report to anymore, I need to get out more. Oh check the new avitar pic!!! Can you say single?? LOL!!!

redfirepearlgt
05-02-2010, 05:04 PM
how about make it a Eastside/Newport sticky and switch off every other week?

I really like this idea. It breaks up things a bit and opens the door for a wider crowd of people that may be limited by family commitments or other things. Traveling through the week with work may limit my ability to be ther eas much as I would like, BUT would do my best to be at one of the other as my schedule would allow. Sounds good.

Mr.Moontang
05-02-2010, 05:43 PM
I will plan the Newort meet to take place on the seconed and the last Wednesday of the month. The eastside meet will be on the first and the third Wednesday of the month. I have a spot for the Newport meet, soerbody needs to lock down a spot for the eastside meet. Josh or Jessie are you going to plan the Eastside meet?

DeckerEnt
05-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Looks like one for me will be kidless, the other will be with the kids. Don't care which. Plan it!!!!! Count me in!!!!!

Bluecrew07
05-02-2010, 11:32 PM
I will plan the Newort meet to take place on the seconed and the last Wednesday of the month. The eastside meet will be on the first and the third Wednesday of the month. I have a spot for the Newport meet, soerbody needs to lock down a spot for the eastside meet. Josh or Jessie are you going to plan the Eastside meet?
Ill get with Jessie and do the Eastside meet. when do you wanna start Scott?

Mr.Moontang
05-02-2010, 11:34 PM

alright Nancy reminded me that we have church On the last Wednesday of every month so I will take the first and the third, eastside will be the second and last!!! Details to come.....

Bluecrew07
05-02-2010, 11:36 PM
alright Nancy reminded me that we have church On the last Wednesday of every month so I will take the first and the third, eastside will be the second and last!!! Details to come.....
keep me informed... Im trying to reset my email on here so that i get post and everything sent to my Blackberry.

Stangman
05-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Everyone spells my name with an I... I dont get it... lol

Anyway... I'm just gonna start pullin in a snow cone place on Beechmont on a wednesday and chill. If anyone sees a black stang/black 4x4 ranger... just pull on it. If they put the one back by the ATM by the old restaraunt down the hill from 8 mile, thats where I'll be. If not, I'll be up by the Kroger... I just hate that section of beechmont because of the traffic.

Bluecrew07
05-02-2010, 11:51 PM

Anyway... I'm just gonna start pullin in a snow cone place on Beechmont on a wednesday and chill. If anyone sees a black stang/black 4x4 ranger... just pull on it. If they put the one back by the ATM by the old restaraunt down the hill from 8 mile, thats where I'll be. If not, I'll be up by the Kroger... I just hate that section of beechmont because of the traffic.
I found a really good one in Milford.. its like the one we first started having meets at.

Mista Bone
05-03-2010, 03:05 AM

You mean the old Perkins like I stated before?????

Wednesday is my "easy" night, might have 10-15 minutes to spare at about 6:45-7:00 :)

I hate Beechmont traffic!

facemelter71
05-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Your on your own.I hate Beechmont.

Stangman
05-03-2010, 09:52 AM
You mean the old Perkins like I stated before?????

Wednesday is my "easy" night, might have 10-15 minutes to spare at about 6:45-7:00 :)

I hate Beechmont traffic!

Yep, I thought it was perkins but I couldnt remember