Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
GM wont honor there warranties!!!!!!!!!! ONLY BUY FORDS!!!!!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : GM wont honor there warranties!!!!!!!!!! ONLY BUY FORDS!!!!!!!

Blackout
04-19-2010, 12:09 AM
I have a 2007 Chevy Express 1500 Sherod Conversion van. I bought the van brank new January 1st of 2009. Well I took the Van in for last minute warranty work before the bumber to bumber ran out. This is the work that I wanted done:

1. Replace the Front Grill Chevy Emblem
2. Fix the front door seals (they were loose and falling...easy fix.)
3. Look at the DVD Player, and see why it wouldn't play. Possibly faulty! and needed replaced.
4. Paint on the Running board is flaking off around the rubber foot gripps and the gripps are also coming up.

Well the dealer says that the DVD Player is BAD and that the DVD and Paint issues aren't there problem and that it was Sherrods problem. Sherrod says that they only carry a 12 month warranty on the paint and DVD system that starts when the vehicle leaves the Sherrod facility!!! Convienient? I think so! And then go on to tell me that to fix it all it will be over $1000 bucks. I don't think so. What happened to the 3 year 36k mi. Bumper to Bumper Warranties form the date of purchase???????? Ohhh thats right...GM might have to responsible for the quality of the vehicles! The warranty was over before I ever bought the Van!

I will NEVER buy another GM Vehicle! They won't stand by there vehicles!!!! And I work for DMAX wich is GM.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atleast Ford Stands buy there programs and warranties even if they don't manufacture the packages!

mustangboy
04-19-2010, 12:43 AM
I think you would be looking at the same thing with any make when it comes to conversion vans. Once a van has been converted about the only thing I think the manufacturer will stand behind is the powertrain.

2Kblacksleeper
04-19-2010, 01:51 AM
For what they charge new for them sumbitches they should have bumper to bumper till it is paid off. Mile limits of course. Say 70k.

John

Blackout
04-19-2010, 02:00 AM
well the eddie bourer or however you spell it is what my inlaws have. They have all kinds of things go wrong with the entertainment system in it and no matter what it has been the warranty has covered it for 3-36k.

Plus when I bought the van the dealership was going on and on about the 3 year warranty and never said a thing about the warranty being expired when I took delivery.

This Van was originally stickered at 55k. I got a nice discount for buying it when I did. But your talking about a almost 60k dollar vehicle that you expect to have a better warranty and quality. And I even got that xylon protection crap.... what a rip!

Pitbull1052
04-19-2010, 08:31 AM
That Eddie Bauer comes the way it does directly from Ford that Chevy is a cargo van that they convert into what you have.....

04 Venom
04-19-2010, 09:18 AM
It sounds like the culprit is Sherrod, not GM. Still, I understand your frustration.

Ranger50
04-19-2010, 11:18 AM
It sounds like the culprit is Sherrod, not GM. Still, I understand your frustration.

+1.

Only thing I am going to add is, did you look at the warranty papers before signing, knowing it's a "non-stock" vehicle?

If you did, there isn't any argument here.

If you did not, there isn't any argument either.

JMO,
Brian

Blackpony
04-19-2010, 12:29 PM
I had issues with wiring on 07 Equinox with 45000 on it i called the dealer and told them of the problem and they said they would order the wiring harness. I got a call on tuesday that it was in and by friday i had it repaired and no charge

bestracing
04-19-2010, 02:00 PM

+1.

Only thing I am going to add is, did you look at the warranty papers before signing, knowing it's a "non-stock" vehicle?

If you did, there isn't any argument here.

If you did not, there isn't any argument either.

JMO,
Brian

All conversions are like that, GM, Chrysler or Ford and you'd have the same trouble with all three trying to get it fixed. Any conversion vehicle has it's own warrenty aside from the manufactures that covers their conversions which often voids the factory's warranty.

Blackout
04-19-2010, 02:43 PM
Well i went through all the paperwork that I signed at the dealership. There is nothing that states warranty coverage through the vendor.

Well I am not going to complain about it any more. I just feel that when you by something that has the logo of the vehicle that the vehicle represents( Ford, Chevy, Ect....) They should atleast help or cover the repairs out of good faith. This is what is called good customer service. Frankly, it's like if you have an engine built and the brand new Melling Oil Pump you had put in by the engine shop, and you paid 3500 for the built engine. Well the Pump locks up after a week and with no oil pressure your engine blows. You call the engine shop and they say sure we will look and see what happened. Then they say ohhh your oil pump is bad that we put in. It's Melling's fault, take it up with them. Remember.....the warranty is up!.

For 1. your going to be pissed
for 2. your going to want someone to cover the cost, because you paid for quality parts...right??
for 3. What do you do now?????

05yellowgt
04-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Like others have already said things get sticky on conversion vans and warranties. The Conversion companies re-paint the vehicles, or at least the parts that they put on aftermarket, and the electronics like DVD are aftermarket as well. This differs from like an SUV or minivan that has DVD installed as a factory option, which would be fully covered by the original manufacturer of the vehicle.

Blackout
04-19-2010, 03:24 PM
well................ it, just, sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats all . But this is why I posted this in the Rant Section. I just wanted to Bitch about it!!!! lol.

04 Venom
04-19-2010, 03:51 PM
well................ it, just, sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats all . But this is why I posted this in the Rant Section. I just wanted to Bitch about it!!!! lol.

I'd be pissed too.

05yellowgt
04-19-2010, 03:58 PM
No arguing with you there bud. a New vehicle shouldn't have problems like that and it sucks even more to be stuck in between warranty gaps.

facemelter71
04-19-2010, 05:30 PM
See the issue comes from the warranty item.If it was an aftermarket dvd player and the dealership replaces the head unit,Chevy will call for that DVD player since it was replaced on there dime.When they get that aftermarket DVD player in,Chevy will reject the claim from the dealership.Which in turn makes the dealership pay for your repairs.Dealerships dont like to lose money.

Ive had pretty good luck going straight to the manufacturer when I have an issue with some of my parts. I would try that.And also,it doesnt hurt to call the Service manager of the dealer and let him in on your problems.

thecollector
04-22-2010, 08:39 AM
When I worked @ kerry (ford) we warrantied all Conversion parts for the entire length of the Ford Warranty. Tech's hated them because they were huge in size, generally half assed at the factory during assembly(I've seen 3" screws thru wiring harnesses), a bitch to get paid on, and a bigger bitch to find parts for. I would try another dealer or follow faces' advice.

Alot of dealerships stopped screwing with conversion vehicles for these reason's. The only way I could get my Ram fixed (tranny problem) was to start telling inbound customer's in the showroom about my "excellent" experience after the sale. After threatening to call the cops (I told him I was just stand on the sidewalk) they decided to fix the BS and be done with me.