Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
99 Cobra Re-Birth [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 99 Cobra Re-Birth

Ryan218
04-18-2010, 06:02 PM
been busy with other peoples car's. aka the old mans. pulled the motor out of the danger ranger and re did it so it would stop leaving a qt of oil in the garage every night. re gasket ed the whole thing new oil pump ect and back in it went. cyl walls looked like a 30k motor. Which was shocking in its self since the think has 168k on it. then a bmw a few pos Buick's, a few ram's and now a tracker that needs a motor but im waiting for motor to get here for it so imma get my car back on the road in the mean time!

time has come im back in the saddle and guess what! not much has changed its broke already lol its missing teeth on the gears in the rear.

little history about the car first, first off this car is a whore. im the 7th or 8th owner. people bought it. enjoyed it till winter then sold it to someone else. ive been able to trace back a few owners.

the farthest back owner of this car that i could trace back bought it and it spent alot of time being raced. spent time on a road course and a drag strip, he told me the best time he was ever able to get out of it was a 13.1 on a set of drag radials "power shifting the bitch as hard as i could" were his exact words lol. which resulting in exploding the transmission once and breaking the irs once while he owned it. ( there is evidence of it under the car as well ha ) then came him and his wife not seeing eye to eye because he spent more time with the cobra then he did his wife. :rolleyes: and a divorce rolled around and she wanted to car so he sold it real quick so that " cobra prying whore " as he called her wouldn't get the car. that's when it became the pass around toy like some people do with their ex's. guy lives in Florida now and has a DSG 04 cobra so he is happy and his advice to me was " when a woman says chose me or the car, dont say the car. objects WILL get thrown as your head. " then came a guy who bought it and drove it every single day in the summer which went on for a few years. been garages its whole life though. that's a plus. that's as far back as i could trace expect to the girl i bought it from. her name was Amber and a cheerleader for the Columbus crew. hey i think soccer is boring but hell ill go to see that move around :bigthumb now i bought it and its my new toy.

99 SVT COBRA
came with the window sticker too, waiting on SVT for my documentation to get here for it.
#345 ( decently low production number )
Rio Red
Black Leather
FLowmaster Catback
Chrome Bullets ( dont like them )
Spec Stage II Vlutch. ( sucks sitting in rush hour traffic with lol )

car is spotless under neath. no rust what so ever which is a plus. id cry is what hap pend to the black fox vert happen to this lol.

so far ive added a steed adjustable clutch cable, quadrant and the fire wall adjuster. and that's it haven't had time for anything else.

the girlfriend is in Florida which i wish i was their but ya know i have 25 more days of my senior year left then I'm on my vacation.

anyways this makes car number 8 for me since in the past 2 years. im no where near as bad as beefcake about this but imma JR beefcake at it. :coo1:

some shitty pics. ill get better ones after i find a digital cam to use. ( i ran mine over with a car. dont ask... )

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/IMG00065.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/IMG00071.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/IMG00066.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/IMG00124.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/IMG00123.jpg

here is the OPPS
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/IMG00121.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/IMG00118.jpg

5.0calypso93lx
04-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Looks like a good start, I agree, not a fan of the chrome bullets. And on those cars, it's either stock, or 18's.

Ryan218
04-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Yeah, picked up a ring and pinion for it. Going to go pick up a differental tomm afternoon then to jegs to get a instal kit and then time to rip the center section rest of the way out and put it together. Then ill be able to drive the thing again. Been sitting for almost a month. :(

5.0calypso93lx
04-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Yeah, picked up a ring and pinion for it. Going to go pick up a differental tomm afternoon then to jegs to get a instal kit and then time to rip the center section rest of the way out and put it together. Then ill be able to drive the thing again. Been sitting for almost a month. :(

What are your next mods/plans for the car? I'd drop that thing and get a bassani off road x on that in a hurry :D

Ryan218
04-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Well looking for cobra wheels for it right now. And Looking for a T56 for it right now. First I'm going to buy a daily driver before I start going crazy with the car though. Tremack in it right now don't like 5th or reverse. May need syncronizers but I'm just gonna do a 6 speed swap. Exhasut setup is gonna wait till I figure out what direction I'm going. Either a single turbo setup or eaton swap it. On3 performance has a nice kit for these cars that I could keep it at low 400 and be safe with a good tune but ill end up wanting more so I think the best bet for me would be to find a 03 or 04 cobra motor for it first. That way it will hold some boost.

AZZKIKR
04-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Looks great man off to a good start forsure...

97dustang
04-19-2010, 11:59 PM
if you dont mind me asking, how would i go about getting the svt documentation for mine? where do i go? what do i need? and does it cost much?

Ryan218
04-20-2010, 10:36 AM
if you dont mind me asking, how would i go about getting the svt documentation for mine? where do i go? what do i need? and does it cost much?

its 40 bucks. call svt. and give them the last 6 digits of your vin. when you call press one then just tell them that you want to know the build number of your car and hte born on date and then they will ask you if you want to order doucuments and try to get you to buy a book lol.

for $40 its worth it. they told me it would be a really really nice looking piece of paper lol.

"Certificates of Authenticity are available to registered owners of SVT products, whether purchased new or used. The certificates contain exact build information and detail the production number, date of production, vehicle identification number and where the vehicle was produced. If you are interested in obtaining this Certificate of Authenticity, please contact us at the phone number provided"

Our phone number is:
1-866-377-8862

Our fax number is:
1-313-621-2500

Our address is:
Ford Performance Group
P.O. Box 490
Dearborn, MI 48124

Our hours of operation are:
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time.

Blkcobra01
04-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Nice clean Cobra.

97dustang
04-20-2010, 09:36 PM
thanks ryan

Ryan218
04-23-2010, 01:04 PM
No problem. I just got my SVT documents today. They still havnt charged my credit card yet lol.

My buddy is just going to tade me his center section that was rebult last year. I'm still 250 away from having mine together and my buddy needs just a little more gear for his car so he can stay in 3rd at mid ohio on the stright strech. Plus he owes me 160 so I'm just going to give him the difference of what's left so 65 then my car will be rolling again. :)

Ryan218
04-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Got the new center section in last night, went ahead and did new rotors and pads and calibers on the back. Going to do front's this weekend most likly. cat back isn't in the best shape so a full exhasut will be in the work here soon. Long tubes, h pipe, and still not sure for a catback. I was thinking mac's but I've never heard them on a 4v car. Anyone have suggestions? Looking for something that will still be tame when crusing. But open up when the peddle gets put down lol. Ill post some pictures tonight after I get them uploaded and hosted.

Gearhead
04-29-2010, 05:04 PM
cat back isn't in the best shape so a full exhasut will be in the work here soon. Long tubes, h pipe, and still not sure for a catback. I was thinking mac's but I've never heard them on a 4v car. Anyone have suggestions? Looking for something that will still be tame when crusing. But open up when the peddle gets put down lol. Ill post some pictures tonight after I get them uploaded and hosted.

Aperacer's (Alan) 03 Cobra has a Mac cat back I think, sounds really good to me.

I've had SLP Loudmouths on mine, didn't like the sound at all...

Ryan218
04-30-2010, 12:26 AM
I rode in his car once. It did sound good. Ill have to call him and ask about that.