Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Need Engine Hoist in Milford Saturday [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need Engine Hoist in Milford Saturday

jester
04-08-2010, 03:39 PM
I blew up the asshole I mean Astro Van :o last summer. Have a line on an engine over in Milford. I would like to get it Saturday if possible. Just wondering if anyone has an engine hoist / cherry picker I could rent/borrow to get it off the van & into my truck (Ford F-150). Hopefully someone on the way from Hebron to Milford :)
I've never ventured into anything more than spark plugs, coil packs + tune up stuff so this should be a blast. Dude supposedly has the front end already tore off the van and I suppose just a few minor things left to do to get it ready to detatch from the van. I would kinda like to help remove so I can see what I may be getting myself into if I should dare to replace mine myself.
I can be reached at (859) 282-7394. Thanks!!
Jeff Aubrey
aka
"the Jester"

Dirtyd0g
04-08-2010, 04:16 PM
You will also need a very short way of attaching to the cherry picker. Those engines literally come straight forward. You don't have much room for them to lift or clearance for much chain. I generally remove the throttle bodies and bolt one of those plates for pulling carb motors on. I have a fold up cherry picker you can use but you have to leave a deposit worth what the cherry picker is.
Alan

foxbodyfan
04-08-2010, 05:43 PM
pull it out the passenger door

inferno50
04-08-2010, 08:20 PM
i have one in anderson. more than welcome to borrow it. or you can just buy the damn thing for 50 bucks. pain in the ass to store. that is the five mile exit about four or five exits before milford.

jester
04-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the offers and advice (really?? Pull out through passenger side??!! Seriously?)
The goofball told me the wrong engine, so I will not be going to Milford this Saturday.
Still looking for a 4.3l "W" engine.......

inferno50
04-10-2010, 12:32 PM
is that the same out of an s 10. if so i have a friend who has one sitting out of the truck already , he wrecked the truck and saved the drivetran. it was a 92 s10.