Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone have an old two piece rear main cap they can take measurements of? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an old two piece rear main cap they can take measurements of?

5.0calypso93lx
04-07-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm in need of a big favor to measure a rear main cap from an older (in my case, I have a 1971 D1 351w block), with a two piece rear main seal.

This is the rear main cap I'm running on my block and my Moroso pan is not clearing the rear most cap. I need to take some general overall measurements that I can supply to Moroso so they can compare to the rear main cap they have.

They've specifically asked for precise measurements so the cap will need to be mic'd. I'm going to go ahead and assume that the problem lies in the actual height of the cap as you can see in this thread where I have pics showing where the pan is hitting before it seats with the block:

http://www.hardcore50.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52621

I would greatly appreciate anyone's help with this matter!!! I know Brian at BES is trying to help me out with this, but I know he's busy. This is what is holding me up from getting the new motor back in the car :(

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Cruise on down to your local parts store and ask for one and measure it on the spot.

Dirtyd0g
04-08-2010, 10:03 AM
I have one here and apart you are welcome to come measure. I am sending the block to barker in a few days.
Alan

5.0calypso93lx
04-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Cruise on down to your local parts store and ask for one and measure it on the spot.

I'll check and see if they might have one, thanks. I just figured this would be a ford only part and that's if it was 1980 :lol:

Alan, I'll let you know.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-08-2010, 04:33 PM
I know they should at least sell replacements...since it takes machine work on the block and main to make the 1 piece fit, so if it's an old block they should still sell a 2 piece.