Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Bet you didn't know this about Automatic Transmissions! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bet you didn't know this about Automatic Transmissions!

Katmandu
04-03-2010, 07:43 PM
This is DEEEP !!! :D

http://home.comcast.net/~steveham21/turbo.mpg

Katmandu
04-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Here is is spelled out!

For a number of years now work has been proceeding in order to bring to the crudely conceived idea of a transmission that would not only supply inverse reactive current for use in unilateral phase detractors, but would also be capable of automatically synchronizing cardinal grammeters. Such an instrument is the turbo encabulator.

Now basically, the only new principle involved is that instead of power being generated by the relative motions of conductors and fluxes, it is produced by the modial interaction of magnetoreluctance and capacitive directance.

The original machine had a baseplate of prefabulated Amulite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings were in a direct line with the pentametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzel vanes so-fitted to the ambifacient lunar wane shaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented.

The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-delta type placed in panendermic semi-boloid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a nonreversible trem'e pipe to the differential girdlespring on the up-end of the grammeters.

The Turbo Encabulator has now reached a high level of development, and is being successfully used in the operation of nofer trunnions. Moreover, whenever a barescent skor motion is required, it may be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocating dingle arm to reduce sinusoidal depleneration.

Blackout
04-03-2010, 07:47 PM
OK what the hell is he talking about?????? Sounds like he is talking about the molecular structure of the transmission, not how it works. OMG...This is the reason I don't work on transmissions.

LLLLEEEEEMMMMMAAAANNNNN Terms PLEASE!!!

black90lx
04-03-2010, 08:26 PM
it makes perfect sense now.....

Mista Bone
04-04-2010, 12:32 AM
There is another video by same guy, I think it details a Chrysler FWD transaxle.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-04-2010, 12:46 AM
I'll take Flux Capacitor for 400 Alex.

NUTTSGT
04-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Wow, I want my 2 minutes back.

Dirtyd0g
04-05-2010, 10:07 AM
haha....if you let that scare you away from automatics then you fell for it. Automatics are easy when you deal with the old 3 spd no lockup stuff. Anyone with half a brain can build a c4, the only problem is getting over the fear.
Alan

Ranger50
04-05-2010, 12:26 PM
haha....if you let that scare you away from automatics then you fell for it. Automatics are easy when you deal with the old 3 spd no lockup stuff. Anyone with half a brain can build a c4, the only problem is getting over the fear.
Alan

Shoot, even some of this stuff out now in current production can be fixed by the at home hamfist mechanic. Especially since most of the checkballs now don't exist with the advent of pulse width modulated solenoids.

Brian

99Slobra
04-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Here is what I know about autos.

The Engine is connected to it...some witchcraft happens...then it powers the wheels.

bobtsgt
04-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Here is what I know about autos.

The Engine is connected to it...some witchcraft happens...then it powers the wheels.

hahaha thats how I see it :lol:

duststang
04-06-2010, 08:06 AM
:confused:

Mustard
04-06-2010, 08:23 PM
I'll take Flux Capacitor for 400 Alex.

Now thats funny lol

redfirepearlgt
04-06-2010, 09:23 PM
reciprocal dingle arm, girdle spring?

Dammit Jim ! Where's the matter-antimatter, chrome-moly-tridium-hypo-magnesium casing that shields the driver/pilot from reverse-matter-degenerative-spastic-ventilation-syndrome??

Katmandu
04-08-2010, 10:15 PM
reciprocal dingle arm, girdle spring?

Dammit Jim ! Where's the matter-antimatter, chrome-moly-tridium-hypo-magnesium casing that shields the driver/pilot from reverse-matter-degenerative-spastic-ventilation-syndrome??Oh! Well...that actually simply connects to the lotus-o-delta type placed in panendermic semi-boloid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a nonreversible trem'e pipe to the differential girdlespring on the up-end of the grammeters!