Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
BBF opinion wanted. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : BBF opinion wanted.

2Kblacksleeper
04-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Basically I can get a 460 that's been bored .30 or .40 over. It has flat top pistons with duel valve reliefs. The cam is very close to the Lunati bracket master II cam. With like .544 lift.
It also has a fox swap pan already in it. It also has an edelbrock carb.
It also comes with a C-6 with a stock converter and a trams go shift kit.

The motor is put of a 78 truck. It was machined and assembled by new power in sharonville.
It has no miles on it. I can pick it up for like 2k. Its a good friend of mine.

I would be putting this in my 95 GT.

What kind of hood would I need to clear it? Also would you so it since it would be less expensive to. Do this than build a a 351 in my case I would need everything.

I thank you for your oppinions I will type more later.

John

bbfstanger
04-02-2010, 12:32 AM
my .02 . it would be about 8.5-9to1 comp. if it has the stock D3 heads with those pistons. 4valve reliefs you sure they dont have a small shallow dish in the center? bet they do
motor would peak about 5000 rpm, good low speed torque with that small of a cam.
it is a good pu truck motor but not a hi perf. combo.
the good pistons have only one valve relief for the intake valve and thats it.
then you need pan ,mounts,headers,exh. and a cowl hood. goood radiator and fan setup.
there are kmember spacers that give you 2in more hood clearance.
i bet you could find a similar setup 351 combo for about the same money.so its up to you:cool2:

Timido
04-02-2010, 12:04 PM
have bbfstanger build you a shortblock put some big boy trickflows and a dominator on it and have a party

Stangman
04-02-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm putting a big block in my fox... cant decide between my 11:1 429 or my 70's 460...

outlaw85
04-02-2010, 06:06 PM
545 BBF
TRICKFLOW A460's
BBFSTANGER HELPED ME OUT WITH MINE: HOPING TO BE AT THE TRACK BY JUNE!!!!