Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone Driving In Hamilton, Heads Up. [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Driving In Hamilton, Heads Up.

BigBadStang
04-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Today starts the unmanned photo radar SUV revenue generator, err, I mean traffic safety program. At the bottom of the page HERE (http://www.journal-news.com/news/hamilton-news/find-out-where-hamiltons-mobile-speed-camera-will-be-parked-629831.html?cxntnid=dlh-040110), are the locations where it will be randomly parked. The best part is, in many of the 'hoods they plan on parking this white Ford Escape Hybrid, it will stick out like a sore thumb! I wonder how long before some fine, upstanding Hamiltonian vandalizes it, or tries to steal it? :lol:

djom1cincy
04-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Those things piss me off. Another way of just taking your money. Next thing you know they will be on the highways around here. Also read that the city gets 52 percent and the company gets 48 but its not about making money.

thecollector
04-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Jesus, Redflex traffic systems gets 48% of the take!!!! That's an awfully high cut. I know the police levy never passes but how much pride and control do you lose when you contract someone else to do it like that. What's next mall cops answering domestics???

I don't give that thing till it's 3rd ticket is issued.

02mingryGT
04-01-2010, 11:59 AM
I don't live in Hamilton so I wouldn't pay it if I happened to get one.

I did notice Sharonville has some kind of camera system in their down town right behind the signal lights in front of the firehouse going southbound on Reading. I'm thinking they might be stop light camera's due to the positioning of them. They're hanging over the roadway about 20 yards behind the signals.

Markcore
04-01-2010, 12:14 PM
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/mall%20cop%202.jpg

facemelter71
04-01-2010, 12:20 PM
I don't live in Hamilton so I wouldn't pay it if I happened to get one.

I did notice Sharonville has some kind of camera system in their down town right behind the signal lights in front of the firehouse going southbound on Reading. I'm thinking they might be stop light camera's due to the positioning of them. They're hanging over the roadway about 20 yards behind the signals.

Im pretty sure those pick up strobes on the fire dept' equipment and start throwing red light at the intersection.or some thing along those lines.

beefcake
04-01-2010, 12:44 PM
They'll never learn, eventually they'll keep doing all this, and there will be no revenue.

I know, if I knew 100% that I was going to get a ticket if I speed. Would I speed, NO?

Who would, no one.

1badasp
04-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Hamilton didnt even pay for it.... The company that made it, gets 48% of everything that is raised from it. Hamilton Sucks

Blackout
04-01-2010, 01:44 PM
I say that someone take off there liscense plate off there old junk truck and drive the piece of shit right into the river!! lol. Just a suggestion. I can't stand how law enforcement is always trying to sneeky.

bestracing
04-01-2010, 02:43 PM
It's not that bad. They're giving you a 8 mph break in a school zone, 11 mph break in a residential zone and 13 on the highways. Hell with the first two you shouldn't be driving that much over any way so I don't think they are out to break people just out there to get the ones that are really dangerous out there on the streets.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-01-2010, 03:05 PM
They'll never learn, eventually they'll keep doing all this, and there will be no revenue.

I know, if I knew 100% that I was going to get a ticket if I speed. Would I speed, NO?

Who would, no one.

Exactly. Cops need us to speed. It justifies their job the 95% of the time when violence isn't happening. No speeding equals no traffic cops which equals less revenue and loss in cop jobs. Traffic cops are going the way of auto assembly line workers...they'll be replaced by traffic cameras and then nobody will speed, and while the roads may get a tad bit safer, they're only hurting themselves.

BigBadStang
04-01-2010, 05:39 PM
It's not that bad. They're giving you a 8 mph break in a school zone, 11 mph break in a residential zone and 13 on the highways. Hell with the first two you shouldn't be driving that much over any way so I don't think they are out to break people just out there to get the ones that are really dangerous out there on the streets.

Yep, but this is just the beginning. The only reason they are giving 'breaks' that size, is because that's what they had to promise (initially) to get council to pass it. You can bank on it, that within a year or two, after the hoo-hah dies down, they will put it wherever the hell they want, and cut the 'break' down to a small margin. That's just they way EVERY form of gov't works...you crack open the door, and over time, they kick the motherfucker down.

Mista Bone
04-01-2010, 10:04 PM
willing to bet there will be a twitter account setup so people will know where it is spotted daily......now all we need is some "kids" with spray paint to tag it.

like in the movie Running Scared with Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines.

Blackout
04-01-2010, 10:07 PM
You know what would be nice???? Tagging all the Police cars with GPS and track them. That way we all can have some fun w/o the popo. :)

nsaniti
04-02-2010, 05:03 AM
lol they have these radar cameras every couple miles in arizona.. there are giant signs that tell you when they are too, and people STILL get caught.