Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Faced with a decision [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Faced with a decision

egbertnr
03-29-2010, 06:05 PM
So I talked pretty frequently to the guy I got my car from and oddly enough the guy he got the car from.

The guy that originally built the car in Texas wants in back. He pesters me every time I ask him a question to sell it back to him. On one hand that makes me feel good that he thinks enough of the car to want it back. Since he traded to the guy I got it from, the only thing it has had done is a tranny freshening up, removing the trans brake, and new shocks/struts.

I have a brand new complete drag suspension setup for it and just haven't got it put in yet.

egbertnr
03-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Well I priced it to him...we will see what happens.

Squale iii
03-29-2010, 11:16 PM
Keep it and put an LSX in it....I should never have sold my notch...shoulda put a LSX in it....woulda been insane lol.

egbertnr
03-30-2010, 12:01 AM
That would just be against every fiber in my body....The engine that's in it is very solid...

Squale iii
03-30-2010, 12:12 AM
That would just be against every fiber in my body....The engine that's in it is very solid...

H/C/I LS1!!!! Run around with 475-500whp (a bit of head porting for 500 i'm sure) in a notchback...c'mon, you can't tell me that wouldn't be sick! lol

Walter
03-30-2010, 06:13 AM
H/C/I LS1!!!! Run around with 475-500whp (a bit of head porting for 500 i'm sure) in a notchback...c'mon, you can't tell me that wouldn't be sick! lol

Why would he want that? Its got a turbo'd Dart motor in it now.

egbertnr
03-30-2010, 07:59 AM

Kinda what I was thinking...although not a Dart...its a Boss block...AFR heads, but yeah still turboed...and well capable of more then 600rwhp...

But figured if I could get the cash for it I Wold take it.

Like many people say, everything I Have is forsale...for a price.

Walter
03-30-2010, 08:23 AM
How much?

cobraman302
03-30-2010, 08:43 AM
Dont do it!! I mean i guess it depends what you'd get next... I have no room to talk about selling cars, so I feel your pain.

egbertnr
03-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Here is the original ad he had for it last year.
http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1134992

All I did was put a new alternator in it and bought nearly 1800$ worth of suspension for it.

I told him 15k or a terminator cobra...The guy gets a hold of crazy cars..he has a couple vettes and a Henessy Ford GT right now he is selling for your everyday low price of 156k....

96SaleenReplica
03-30-2010, 05:09 PM
anyone who would put a p.o.s chevy motor in a ford needs shot period dont give a shit how much its putting down its still a stupid bowtie keep the junk in what they came in.....

egbertnr
03-30-2010, 05:33 PM
anyone who would put a p.o.s chevy motor in a ford needs shot period dont give a shit how much its putting down its still a stupid bowtie keep the junk in what they came in.....

I would tend to agree....that being said I do have a Turbo 400 tranny...:dunno:

I personally have always liked the Pass Times Episode on Speed, where a camaro rolls up to the line and the guy ask why he put a ford motor in a camaro....The driver replies...Because I wanted to make power."

But I digress...It is what it is and I have a coupe ith a lot of potential and waiting to see what I can get for it.

Squale iii
03-30-2010, 06:19 PM

Well I didn't know all that! LOL

Squale iii
03-30-2010, 06:21 PM

Anybody who would take a 96 mustang GT and try to pass it off as a saleen needs shot period dont give a shit how much its putting down its still a stupid fake ass GT LOL.

egbertnr
03-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Well he told me that I was " a little more proud of the car then he was"....

Doesn't surprise me, but it was worth a shot, had to see what he would say since he kept asking me to sell it back.

But if anyone else wants it....let me know!, lol

Its about to get expensive, install suspension, weld in 10pt cage, go over engine, tune....and then go to the track and break shit!

Squale iii
03-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Well he told me that I was " a little more proud of the car then he was"....

Doesn't surprise me, but it was worth a shot, had to see what he would say since he kept asking me to sell it back.

But if anyone else wants it....let me know!, lol

Its about to get expensive, install suspension, weld in 10pt cage, go over engine, tune....and then go to the track and break shit!

Do it, or you'll regret it later. I still regret selling my notch.

egbertnr
03-30-2010, 08:53 PM
I plan on doing it...just dreading the bills that comes after racing, unless I just run footbrake and a mild tune....make it a fun little track car..maybe make it a hydraulic instead of solid lifters...IDK, we will see...Its hard not to try and go as fast as I can....I Mean what kind of man would I be if I didnt want to do that!